Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos" | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos"

Ok the dude apologised, he did everything short of standing on his head, and he still lost his job....

1) CBS had every right to fire him. I have no problem with that. In fact I applaud it and its the right decision

2) Both NBC and CBS firing him in the middle of him raising money for sick cancer kids and such might be the lowest thing I have ever seen a major corporation ever do. Seriously, they HAD to fire him at 4:30 on Thursday and not at say 10am on Friday after the radio telethon was over????? NBC and CBS might never live that one down. In the middle of him raising money for kids with cancer and other sick kids, they fire him. It couldn't wait 12 hours or so after this had went on all week????!!!!!!!! Give me a break!!

3) Jesse Jackson calling NYC "Hymietown". Sharpton and his "Tawana Brawley" case. Has called Jews in the past "white interlopers" and "diamond merchants". And now the Duke case with the stripper rape. Al Sharpton is the biggest joke on this planet and how he got involved in this I will never know. The "INJURED PARTY" here was the Rutgers team. And they didn't ask Sharpton or Jackson for anything. Nor did Rutgers University. Yet these 2 see a camera and a chance to make headlines and they jumped at it. How anyone in the year 2007 can take Al Sharpton seriously is beyond me. This guy has been so wrong so many times you need the scoreboard from Giants Stadium to keep track. And if these 2 "Reverend's" really want to make good on this and if they object to these types of words, then really go out and clean up the HIP-HOP. Don't go after a 67 year old Imus who nobody listenes too and screwed up a few times. Put as much effort as they put into this "IMUS STORY" into cleaning up hip-hop. And the real problems with the way young african american girls are talked to and about in this country. Go marching in front of some record labels buildings and get them to FIRE some singers. These 2 guys have done actions and said things far worse than what Imus said and never had to put up with the heat and pressure they put Imus through.

4) Imus had this coming. Can't feel sorry for him. He has a history of racist remarks. The media can spin it. He can spin it. HE IS A RACIST!! It finally caught up with him. He isn't a good person. He deserved this. And just because you do a lot of chariaty doesn't make up for the fact you say the things you say. Just the way it went down and the timing isn't right. NBC and CBS dropped the ball on how they handled this.

Not necessarily.In this case I dont see anyone really getting offended unless they ARE a hoe.Like I said you have people from all walks of life.Some just talk that way.Some really do believe all women are hoes.

Ok well I never said it was all rappers, just the ones who use that word in their songs. I don't presume to know anything behind what they mean when they rap.

Are these girls really offended by this whole thing? Maybe, but I'd guess not all. They probably don't even know who this guy is. I'm sure when they found out about this that some of them shrugged it off and said "F him".

I dunno. He's fired, it's over. Let's move on

Ive said in earlier posts that this is something blacks need to work on for themselves...However just dont point the finger at blacks as the sole societal problem.

Out of all the races, blacks are the ones that use the race card the most. They aren't the total problem but they certainly don't help

Out of all the races, blacks are the ones that use the race card the most. They aren't the total problem but they certainly don't help

Whatever.Blacks have suffered more injustice than any other race in this country.You dont see why?

And as Ive said earlier,Ive said pretty much everything Im gonna say about this issue.Imus got what he deserved.You can talk about rappers and Sharpton and Jackson all you want.

Until you see what this is all really about then w'ell have disagreements about it.Funny how you watch TV and everybody thinks this was right.You come to a messageboard and everybody thinks this is a double standard.When 90 % of a messageboard is white it doesnt surprise me.When 60% of all rap music is bought by white people it does surprise me.

Anyways I dont expect many white people to come to blacks defense on any issue,right or wrong,but i'll leave it at that.The NBA playoffs are coming up.I'll leave this Imus thing alone.Its dead to me.

Whatever.Blacks have suffered more injustice than any other race in this country.You dont see why?
I'm waging in your lifetime though......it hasn't been that bad though has it? I mean honestly, be real. It was harsh 50-60 years ago.......its pretty stacked now...man.....I wish I was a minority sometimes....there are so many things out there for minorities now, scholarships, grants, agencies, groups, television channels, restaruants, on and on and on......heck clothing brands...FUBU...for us by us?? No white person would EVER,EVER get away with that. I'm not puling the race card, but you need to be real.

And as Ive said earlier,Ive said pretty much everything Im gonna say about this issue.Imus got what he deserved.You can talk about rappers and Sharpton and Jackson all you want.

Until you see what this is all really about then w'ell have disagreements about it.Funny how you watch TV and everybody thinks this was right.You come to a messageboard and everybody thinks this is a double standard.When 90 % of a messageboard is white it doesnt surprise me.When 60% of all rap music is bought by white people it does surprise me.

Anyways I dont expect many white people to come to blacks defense on any issue,right or wrong,but i'll leave it at that.The NBA playoffs are coming up.I'll leave this Imus thing alone.Its dead to me.
Its called media Dre..they show you what they want you to see, this stuff makes great tv man........look at polls, ESPN, did a poll on this, look at the results. The only thing that makes this a double standard is the fact that if your going to go after Imus you have to go after everyone..period, white,black, asian...whatever.

I'm waging in your lifetime though......it hasn't been that bad though has it? I mean honestly, be real. It was harsh 50-60 years ago.......its pretty stacked now...man.....I wish I was a minority sometimes....there are so many things out there for minorities now, scholarships, grants, agencies, groups, television channels, restaruants, on and on and on......heck clothing brands...FUBU...for us by us?? No white person would EVER,EVER get away with that. I'm not puling the race card, but you need to be real.

You know what man,Ive been very ,very fortunate in my life man.And Im pretty happy.That doesnt mean EVERY black person has had the same opportunity Ive had.Its easy for you to say that blacks HAVE all this stuff,then ignore all the injustices.

Tell me why white people wouldnt get away with anything?The country is run in general by rich,older white men.We still have black people not being able to get jobs they want because of double standards.As soon as the shoe shifts to the other foot a little bit,white people cry double standard.The oppression was ONLY 40 years ago people.

Its called media Dre..they show you what they want you to see, this stuff makes great tv man........look at polls, ESPN, did a poll on this, look at the results. The only thing that makes this a double standard is the fact that if your going to go after Imus you have to go after everyone..period, white,black, asian...whatever.

And if the MEDIA wouldnt shine the light on this stuff we wouldnt be hearing about it.The media=White people.

I dont want to come across as angry at all.Im a very happy dude.Its amazing people get riled up because he got fired,yet try to excuse what he said in every way.

Im done.

Back
Top Bottom