Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos" | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos"

Not all of them are referring to just the hoes. Women are described as hoes. All women, not just sluts

Not necessarily.In this case I dont see anyone really getting offended unless they ARE a hoe.Like I said you have people from all walks of life.Some just talk that way.Some really do believe all women are hoes.

Yea and a large percentage of the outraged were white and i'm sure alot of those buy hiphop. But Dre you didnt address the rest of my comments about the aids rate fratercide or high incarceration rate of young black men.Don't you think those issues far outweigh this little joke by a 66 yearold man?

Ive said in earlier posts that this is something blacks need to work on for themselves...However just dont point the finger at blacks as the sole societal problem.

Fair enough. I think that ANY racial undertones or inuendos set us back as a civilization. Wether it is from one race to another or internally to a race, it is very unfortunate

Thanks for the conversation Dre.

I totally agree.This whole racism thing needs to die.But will it?I hope in my lifetime.

Well I will when its damage done to themselves like fratercide and the crazy aids rate.Black men kill each other at a really high rate and no ones pulling the trigger but them. And no black leader is pulling these people together because there more concerned with pushing there face in front of a camera and pushing there own agenda then uniting people.More concerned with the comments of a 66 year old out of touch man then the real problems in the community they claim to represent. Them reacting this way to imus just shows me the lack of great leadership in the black community.

Well I will when its damage done to themselves like fratercide and the crazy aids rate.Black men kill each other at a really high rate and no ones pulling the trigger but them. And no black leader is pulling these people together because there more concerned with pushing there face in front of a camera and pushing there own agenda then uniting people.More concerned with the comments of a 66 year old out of touch man then the real problems in the community they claim to represent. Them reacting this way to imus just shows me the lack of great leadership in the black community.

Remember its the MEDIA thats putting the camera in front of them.Not black people.

No race is exactly perfect,and I know you know that.We ALL have criminals.Not just blacks.

I totally agree.This whole racism thing needs to die.But will it?I hope in my lifetime.
We can hope Dre....but we all know it will never happen. Too many angry people. The best quote that could be applied to this comes from Men In Black.

"People aren't smart. A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it."

We can hope Dre....but we all know it will never happen. Too many angry people. The best quote that could be applied to this comes from Men In Black.

"People aren't smart. A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it."

You know unfortunately youre right and that quote is square on.:lol:

I never said all blacks are crminals cmon man that was a cheapshot.

Hey man,I was just responding to your post.I know you have a good heart.Youre a Spurs fan!!Go Spurs Go!! :wink:

I want a link or statistic to back that up. Could be, but I am not buying it.:shakeno:

Of course I have been proven wrong plenty of times before.....

Im looking for that link for ya man...I find one you wear a Spurs avatar throughout the playoffs no?:lol:

Its pretty obvious,but I wanted that link to prove my point.

Hah, I missed that. I have seen the first one no less than 2 dozen times, and I dont remember that....

Incredible quote, and very appropriate:wink:

Heres one AZ to really prove how global rap is...It shows that blacks arent even close when it comes to buying the music globally.And this was from 2001.

(CNN) -- There's a global epidemic spreading. A musical epidemic, that is.

These days, hip-hop is hot, not just in the United States, but throughout Europe, Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean and even Asia.

In Germany, hip-hop got started in the cities and towns near U.S. military bases, where kids listened to American radio stations. The result? Fantastichen Vier, Germany's answer to the Beastie Boys.

In Britain, the music form has yet to take off, but hip-hopper Iceberg Slim still managed to score two top 30 singles on the music charts; he's also one of the few hip-hop artists in Britain with a major record label deal

http://edition.cnn.com/2001/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/15/wb.hiphop/

Hopefully that helps.

Okay this opens up two fronts....

First, I have never heard this, but being a middle aged "White" guy, that probably isnt a surprise.
Second, so all this disprespect for a predominantly Black basketball team, but rappers are catering to white teenage girls and repeatedly using the phrase Ho?

Am I the only one that sees the irony?
thats why this music genre is so watered down with this type of music..the days of tribe called qwest, de la soul, epmd, etc are gone..now its "shake ya *** hoe and let me see what you got"..and yes it is ironic that its young teenage girls who buy this..go figure

Back
Top Bottom