Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos" | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos"

The reason this is a uproar is mainly not because of the racial comment of nappy headed hoes. Its because its woman he made these comment at. You just don't do that especially a black woman if your white without some repercution. Making fun of black men I believe wouldnt have been of big deal but making fun of woman we're are sensitive too that and we try to defend them.

The reason this is a uproar is mainly not because of the racial comment of nappy headed hoes. Its because its woman he made these comment at. You just don't do that especially a black woman if your white without some repercution. Making fun of black men I believe wouldnt have been of big deal but making fun of woman we're are sensitive too that and we try to defend them.
Then it shouldn't be done by black men either.

I said it before...this "we can do it but you can't" attitude is bull****.

I agree pagan that it shouldnt be done by black men also but in today society with the history between blacks and white you can see how making fun of a black woman by a white man will create a uproar because it a sensitive issue. "We can do that and you cant" is bull**** but until blacks and white are looked at as equal it will always be like this. Unfortunately black and white will never be looked at as equal because we will always have some form a racism.

This Imus issue needs to be shifted from a white/black issue to a right/wrong issue. I don't care if your black, white, asian, or indian, calling any female a ho is wrong. I don't think Imus needs to be fired, I think the suspension is enough. I also don't think what he said was racist, I think it was WRONG. Just like it's wrong for rappers, or the mailman, or anyone else to refer to woman as ho's. I love rap music but it doesn't mean I agree with all of it. This issue is a lot broader and deeper then Don Imus. We as people are losing out on addressing this issue properly because of people like Al Sharpton. This is a serious issue but it's not a race issue, it's an issue on how we treat and talk about are woman as a whole. Was what Imus said ignorant? No doubt about it. Does he deserve to be fired? No!

This Imus issue needs to be shifted from a white/black issue to a right/wrong issue. I don't care if your black, white, asian, or indian, calling any female a ho is wrong. I don't think Imus needs to be fired, I think the suspension is enough. I also don't think what he said was racist, I think it was WRONG. Just like it's wrong for rappers, or the mailman, or anyone else to refer to woman as ho's. I love rap music but it doesn't mean I agree with all of it. This issue is a lot broader and deeper then Don Imus. We as people are losing out on addressing this issue properly because of people like Al Sharpton. This is a serious issue but it's not a race issue, it's an issue on how we treat and talk about are woman as a whole. Was what Imus said ignorant? No doubt about it. Does he deserve to be fired? No!

I agree with everything you said,but I still think he should be fired!!:lol:

I could see if this was his first time,yeah a suspension but good grief,how many chances does this guy need ?

I could see if this was his first time,yeah a suspension but good grief,how many chances does this guy need ?
As many as any other person who performs a comedy show gets. :wink:

People generally dont have problems with comedy shows.They do with Imus.
Which highlights the double standard bro. Mencia and Chappell said far worse things. No one is taking them to task. :wink:

I love the good Rev Jackson, talking about nudie bars,
and that the purveyors of such, are ill doers. And that
is a precursor to domestic violence.

Breakers Hotel, Palm Beach, FL. (approx 6 years ago).

My sister in law is the concierge. The good rev is staying there.
He not once but twice propositions her to do some praying in his room.
Then he gets a little touchy feely. Gets a little rude. Gets mighty
darn pissed off.

Bet this ****ing ash clown does a bit of both the nudie bar thang, and the
beat the f'n **** of women thing.

DIAF, Jesse Jackson. A big f'n fire.

Which highlights the double standard bro. Mencia and Chappell said far worse things. No one is taking them to task. :wink:

Lemme ask you this man,because I feel like your somebody I feel like I can converse with about this now.

How funny of a comedy act would it be for a white comedian to get on stage and talk-bad,heckle,and judge black people be?Weve already witnessed what would happen if that would be.

Now people DO think its funny when black people do it.Why? Because of that double-standard thing.

If Imus were black do I think he would have his job?No.Once again part of the double standard thing.

Theres a double-standard for EVERYBODY in this country.

Lemme ask you this man,because I feel like your somebody I feel like I can converse with about this now.
Of course we can converse. I don't look at race, I look at logic. :wink:

How funny of a comedy act would it be for a white comedian to get on stage and talk-bad,heckle,and judge black people be?Weve already witnessed what would happen if that would be.
There's already a comedian who does. Bobby Slayton, the "Pitbull of Comedy". Makes fun of everyone.

"They made a movie called White Men Can't Jump, when are they making one called Black Men Can't Shut The **** Up In a Movie Theater?" :lol:

I find it hilarious - for the record - when black comedians do white humor. I'd find it just as funny the other way around. When it comes to comedy, nothing should be off limits. You have to be able to laugh at YOURSELF before you can laugh at anything else. Any other viewpoint on comedy is hypocritical.

Like Redd Foxx once said when he told a joke about Mexicans and someone in the audience groaned... "Oh don't 'Oooooh' me....sit back and think about that n***** joke you told last night and laugh."

Comedy should have no boundaries.

Now people DO think its funny when black people do it.Why? Because of that double-standard thing.
My friend, it's funny no matter who does it. The problem is that the black community freaks when anyone BUT a black comedian does it.

If Imus were black do I think he would have his job?No.Once again part of the double standard thing.
Yes he would. There are plenty of black DJs. Steve Harvey comes to mind.

Theres a double-standard for EVERYBODY in this country.
Yes there is. The problem is that there's only a media firestorm about it when Sharpton and Jackson become involved. This whole thing would have blown over in about two days had those two not gotten involved.

Who knows if imus would have his job if he were black.Imus appeals to a particular niche.He appeals to middle age old school lefties. The outrage by the black community is outright hypocrisy,does anyone listen to rap music?How bout the good ol' rev sharpton has he ever been involved in a racial controversy? Look at the top ten charts and how many of the songs are hip hop artist completely degrading women. And the same people who are outaged by Imus buy these cd's or get them off itunes. Wake up people! Is the civil rights movement going so well that you can stop and waste time on Imus? Looks like you guys got alotta work to do as far as what black culture condones in it's music . Black leaders should be focusing on much worse things going on in black culture like the rising aids rate,the incaceration of young black men at an alarming rate and the fratercide going on in the black neighborhoods in cities.But Imus is the outreage?Craziness.

Of course we can converse. I don't look at race, I look at logic. :wink:

There's already a comedian who does. Bobby Slayton, the "Pitbull of Comedy". Makes fun of everyone.

"They made a movie called White Men Can't Jump, when are they making one called Black Men Can't Shut The **** Up In a Movie Theater?" :lol:

I find it hilarious - for the record - when black comedians do white humor. I'd find it just as funny the other way around. When it comes to comedy, nothing should be off limits. You have to be able to laugh at YOURSELF before you can laugh at anything else. Any other viewpoint on comedy is hypocritical.

Like Redd Foxx once said when he told a joke about Mexicans and someone in the audience groaned... "Oh don't 'Oooooh' me....sit back and think about that n***** joke you told last night and laugh."

Comedy should have no boundaries.

My friend, it's funny no matter who does it. The problem is that the black community freaks when anyone BUT a black comedian does it.

Yes he would. There are plenty of black DJs. Steve Harvey comes to mind.

Yes there is. The problem is that there's only a media firestorm about it when Sharpton and Jackson become involved. This whole thing would have blown over in about two days had those two not gotten involved.

And Im sure you know why the black community does.Not only that it isnt JUST the black communtiy that would get bent outta shape.Theres groups of other races that would have problems with this.Now open minded people.No.

I dont have a problem seeing boobs.Some people freak out.Its all a matter of opinion.

Now Steve Harvey makes jokes about white people on his show,BUT never have I seen him call out a predominatley white girls baskeball team,who he doesnt even know.

Back
Top Bottom