Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos" | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Imus called women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos"

Who knows if imus would have his job if he were black.Imus appeals to a particular niche.He appeals to middle age old school lefties. The outrage by the black community is outright hypocrisy,does anyone listen to rap music?How bout the good ol' rev sharpton has he ever been involved in a racial controversy? Look at the top ten charts and how many of the songs are hip hop artist completely degrading women. And the same people who are outaged by Imus buy these cd's or get them off itunes. Wake up people! Is the civil rights movement going so well that you can stop and waste time on Imus? Looks like you guys got alotta work to do as far as what black culture condones in it's music . Black leaders should be focusing on much worse things going on in black culture like the rising aids rate,the incaceration of young black men at an alarming rate and the fratercide going on in the black neighborhoods in cities.But Imus is the outreage?Craziness.

Lets get one thing straight.There are more white-men that listen to rap than blacks.They feed the culture more than anyone.

Lets get one thing straight.There are more white-men that listen to rap than blacks.They feed the culture more than anyone.

I want a link or statistic to back that up. Could be, but I am not buying it.:shakeno:

Of course I have been proven wrong plenty of times before.....

I want a link or statistic to back that up. Could be, but I am not buying it.:shakeno:

its a proven fact that more white people buy rap albums than black...mainly teenage girls

Trust me (and Im not berating you),but theres no way a rapper can sell millions of records if it were just blacks buying rap records.Its not possible.I could look for a link somewhere if you want.

Its the white suburban kid that can afford to buy all these records.Alot not all love the culture.

its a proven fact that more white people buy rap albums than black...mainly teenage girls

Okay this opens up two fronts....

First, I have never heard this, but being a middle aged "White" guy, that probably isnt a surprise.
Second, so all this disprespect for a predominantly Black basketball team, but rappers are catering to white teenage girls and repeatedly using the phrase Ho?

Am I the only one that sees the irony?

First, I have never heard this, but being a middle aged "White" guy, that probably isnt a surprise.
Second, so all this disprespect for a predominantly Black basketball team, but rappers are catering to white teenage girls and repeatedly using the phrase Ho?

When rap was started it wasnt and still isnt "catering" to anyone.Just face it people love their violence and sex.Not just rappers.

You have people from all walks ofm life doing rap.

When rap was started it wasnt and still isnt "catering" to anyone.Just face it people love their violence and sex.Not just rappers.

You have people from all walks ofm life doing rap.

Fair enough and as it should be- but if these rappers know who is buying their music ( I am sure they do) and they are referring to girls as Ho's...is this really that much different that what Imus did?

Fair enough and as it should be- but if these rappers know who is buying their music ( I am sure they do) and they are referring to girls as Ho's...is this really that much different that what Imus did?

Im not sure if calling out someone specifically,and calling out someone generally is the same thing.Rappers IMO are really calling the hos, hoes.So to me yes.

I've never heard that "statistic" either, so no it isn't just you.

Im not sure if calling out someone specifically,and calling out someone generally is the same thing.Rappers IMO are really calling the hos, hoes.So to me yes.

Not all of them are referring to just the hoes. Women are described as hoes. All women, not just sluts

Fair enough. I think that ANY racial undertones or inuendos set us back as a civilization. Wether it is from one race to another or internally to a race, it is very unfortunate

Thanks for the conversation Dre.

Yea and a large percentage of the outraged were white and i'm sure alot of those buy hiphop. But Dre you didnt address the rest of my comments about the aids rate fratercide or high incarceration rate of young black men.Don't you think those issues far outweigh this little joke by a 66 yearold man?

Back
Top Bottom