Indianapolis Colts trade with Miami idea | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Indianapolis Colts trade with Miami idea

Would you guys deal Tua to the Colts for pick #21 this year? Assuming we were to have a deal in place for Watson.

You are right, but that would be so Texans though. King of the bad trades...
I expect the Texans to screw this up and they have a perfect partner to do that in the raiders who could give carr and picks
And players making bad moves for both teams
that would be the most awesome

No. We drafted him at 5 why would we take the 21st?
Values can't change after a year? I get that teams do not like to admit a loss of value, but to assume you have to get the #5 pick back or you cannot deal him seems stubborn. The Colts could always add future 2nd rounder or something else to sweeten the deal. FYI...I'm for keeping Tua, but if the Texans have no interest in Tua and you can recoup a mid-first for him to help in a Watson trade, I think you have to look into it.

Values can't change after a year? I get that teams do not like to admit a loss of value, but to assume you have to get the #5 pick back or you cannot deal him seems stubborn. The Colts could always add future 2nd rounder or something else to sweeten the deal. FYI...I'm for keeping Tua, but if the Texans have no interest in Tua and you can recoup a mid-first for him to help in a Watson trade, I think you have to look into it.
Not from a 5th to a 21st regardless of how Tua played. He was expected to be the #1 pick prior to his injury. No way I trade him at that value.

Fair enough. So if we did want Watson and the Texans wanted the #3 to select their own future quarterback, wouldn't those teams like Carolina, Denver, Detroit, etc. who miss out on a QB come calling and we could get a pick in that 7-9 range for Tua? I guess i am trying to gauge Tua's value to a team who needs a quarterback who miss out on one in this upcoming draft.

I have to believe in Flo and Grier. We are a ten-win team 1 season after being the worst team in the NFL. Those first few games under Flo were our lowest point, maybe in the history of the team. If they believe Tua is the franchise qb we all hope he is that is great. If they see something that they feel does not lead us to the next level, they have the ultimate reset in Watson. With so many teams needing new QBs and us sitting at 3 , imagine the team we can build around Tua.

This roster has a lot of holes.
It doesn’t really. Beyond wr and rb and perhaps another interior olineman. We have a top 5 defense. We just need some offensive playmakers and we’re set. Why get cute when the best wr in the draft is sitting in our lap?

It doesn’t really. Beyond wr and rb and perhaps another interior olineman. We have a top 5 defense. We just need some offensive playmakers and we’re set. Why get cute when the best wr in the draft is sitting in our lap?
Yes it does, we need 2 to 3 wr’s, 2 RB, a C, at least backup QB, a pass rushing DE, 1 maybe 2 LB a S wouldn’t be out of the question ethier.

Yes it does, we need 2 to 3 wr’s, 2 RB, a C, at least backup QB, a pass rushing DE, 1 maybe 2 LB a S wouldn’t be out of the question ethie
Yes it does, we need 2 to 3 wr’s, 2 RB, a C, at least backup QB, a pass rushing DE, 1 maybe 2 LB a S wouldn’t be out of the question ethier.
Our defense is fine for now. Take a wr at 3 and Harris at 18. Sign a wr. We can find a center or guard somewhere in the draft. Unlike previous years, we don’t have many holes just need some offensive playmakers

I dont know if Tua is worth 5 no more..if we can get 21 pick..and say we get watson..I would deal him for any first rd pick..nfl teams going know we going try trade Tua....

I was watching a little of Colin Cowherd today and he was talking about Philip Rivers retiring and how Indy needs a QB now but they have a really solid roster everywhere else. He brought up Miami and said if he were Indy he’s calling Miami and offering 3 first round picks to come up to 3 to get 1 of the 4 QBs in Justin Fields Zach Wilson Trey Lance and Mac Jones. He said Indy would need to get ahead of QB needy teams like Detroit Carolina and Denver so a bidding war could break out for Miami’s pick at 3. He said using Jimmy Johnson’s trade value draft chart to go from 21 where Indy is to 3 it would cost 3 first round picks.

Indy receives pick 3
Miami receives pick 21 2022 #1 2023 #1

Would you do it?
Hell no. That pick, especially this year with tons of teams starving for a QB, is WAY more valuable than that.

Back
Top Bottom