Injuries | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Injuries

every team has injuries but Im so tired of when they happen to Miami there's this huge drop-off in performance.
Because every year we lose 10 starters and have **** depth. I mean we just finished week 4 and we’ve lost Sitton for the year, Gray for the year, Kilgore probably for the year (he had a cast on his arm after the game, so you know he’s done for a while at least), Hayes for the year, McCain (all we know is he has a knee injury, but this being the Dolphins and all, he’s probably done for-you guessed it- the year), James came out presumably because he was banged up, Derby injured his foot, Branch, Jones- it’s ridiculous. Every week. That renowned o-line we heard about all summer, about how great it was gonna be and how great the chemistry was gonna be? One game. It lasted one game. Four games in, two starters done. It never, ever fails. Ever.

Because every year we lose 10 starters and have **** depth. I mean we just finished week 4 and we’ve lost Sitton for the year, Gray for the year, Kilgore probably for the year (he had a cast on his arm after the game, so you know he’s done for a while at least), Hayes for the year, McCain (all we know is he has a knee injury, but this being the Dolphins and all, he’s probably done for-you guessed it- the year), James came out presumably because he was banged up, Derby injured his foot, Branch, Jones- it’s ridiculous. Every week.

it's really sad. and it's almost always the FA's Miami gets in the offseason they never last that long.

This whole premise that Miami is dumb because they sign deee agents to fill needs is ridiculous. Every team does this, it just bitching to bitch. Folks acting like they can predict injuries now, please. Looks like the niners shouldn’t have traded for jimmy G they should have drafted somebody because we knew he would get hurt. He has a history of injuries (shoulder in 2016).

This whole premise that Miami is dumb because they sign deee agents to fill needs is ridiculous. Every team does this, it just bitching to bitch. Folks acting like they can predict injuries now, please. Looks like the niners shouldn’t have traded for jimmy G they should have drafted somebody because we knew he would get hurt. He has a history of injuries (shoulder in 2016).

I agree injuries are unpredictable, however, older players with a history of injuries and significant playing time missed should not be linchpins on your roster. It makes sense for some possible depth positions, but not for essential starting positions. Miami never seems to consider this.

I agree injuries are unpredictable, however, older players with a history of injuries and significant playing time missed should not be linchpins on your roster. It makes sense for some possible depth positions, but not for essential starting positions. Miami never seems to consider this.

Kilgore is on the younger side and had a torn hamstring, broken leg and an ankle I think...Sitton only had an ankle injury...Kilgore hurt his hand/arm not his legs and Sitton was a rotator cuff...none of their injuries this year are in response to injuries in the past...

Kilgore is on the younger side and had a torn hamstring, broken leg and an ankle I think...Sitton only had an ankle injury...Kilgore hurt his hand/arm not his legs and Sitton was a rotator cuff...none of their injuries this year are in response to injuries in the past...
Past injuries can speak to the durability of a player, see DVP for example. Injuries accumulate over time and lead to performance issues and can change a player’s approach to the game, which can actually lead to more injuries.

Past injuries can speak to the durability of a player, see DVP for example. Injuries accumulate over time and lead to performance issues and can change a player’s approach to the game, which can actually lead to more injuries.

So Deshaun Watson and Carson Wentz are injury risks. Got it.

It’s because they’re filling the same needs every offseason with other teams used goods since miami can’t seem to draft and develop their players to fill these needs.

So we shouldn't have resigned Jones, taken a risk on Cam Wake, traded for Quinn..if Kilgore broke his hand, has nothing to do with the leg injuries...Sittons age may have played more into his shoulder than past injuries

So Deshaun Watson and Carson Wentz are injury risks. Got it.
Please read what I said again. You are talking about a completely different matter. We aren’t discussing keeping your own playmakers after they have been injured, we are talking about trading for or signing other team’s high injury risk players and counting on those players to be critical every down performers at starting positions of desperate need...like our OL. In our case, we don’t have even mediocre talent behind those injury risk players. It’s just not smart.

I stand by my statement that previous injuries CAN be indicative of a players overall durability.

They shouldn't have given him that contract in SF.

Nice spin. But recent history from Smiley, Grove to Kilgore/Sitton and everyone in between not named Incognito has been a absolute disappointment. Period.

Back
Top Bottom