"Inside" Info on Daunte's Knee | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Inside" Info on Daunte's Knee

nflddolfan said:
...If he did in fact discuss Dauntes case with your friend that would be a major breach in the Doctor Patient confidentiality and violate the Hippocratic oath. I just can't see someone like a Dr. Andrews doing that...and it would obviously have to be someone well respected if he did indeed evaluate Daunte's injury. Just doesn't add up.

Maybe he didn't anticipate this guy to have a buddy in Colorado on speed dial with ready access to FinHeaven!? :tongue:

No, seriously, I hear what you're saying. And that's why I ended my original post with "Take this for what it's worth." Who knows who this guy really was but it's different take on what we've heard so far and it ties in very well with the urgency to pick up Harrington.

LAMiamifan said:
Some guy I met at McDonalds told me that Daunte will be just fine.

What did he order at McDonalds? If he ordered Chicken McNuggts then he's just immature and more than likely lying. Now if he ordered one of the new Fruit and Walnut salads then I might believe him.:lol:

guys, maybe you should re-read his post. he never said dr. andrews was in the cab, he said a guy who evaluted the knee was in the cab.

and im sure you are all aware that daunte probably saw more than just dr andrews about the situation. he could just be one of the few doctor's he saw as 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinions to be sure on what to do etc.

i believe it, and its very logical info.

Hopefully he will be ready for week if not lets go Joey! Not really to worried about the qb situation im just hoping this young secondary steps up and plays ball. Go Dolphins!!!!!

inflammation is normal with this injury, he will be in and out this year, that is why they signed harrington, if harrington plays very well then culpepper gets the year off, next year you have two guys one you deal, if harrington starts to understand the NFL, culpepper may never play a down as a phin, ligamentous tissue takes 12 to 18 calendar months to heal, it has no blood supply

I don't see why everyone is concerned about Daunte being back for week 1. I would much rather have him miss several early games and come back strong than be ready for Pittsburgh only to have to miss NE or the Jets in Weeks 5 or 6.

I want him back as much as anyone but his long term health is what all Dolphin fans should be concerned about...not Daunte being ready for training camp or Week 1.

I don't think it's concern as much as it is excitement at the possibility of Daunte being ready and healed by week 1. I would hope that no one here would rather risk his long term health in order to play the first few games. I think it's Hope more than anything else that he's ready to go by week 1 and stay healthy the full year. The problem is that the reality is settling in now that even if he does start week 1 it doesn't mean he's fully healthy and ready for an entire season. Most people think, as I did, that if he's starting then he's good to go. That obviously is not the case.

K-Rob said:
What did he order at McDonalds? If he ordered Chicken McNuggts then he's just immature and more than likely lying. Now if he ordered one of the new Fruit and Walnut salads then I might believe him.:lol:

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Or Gay. ..........not there's anything wrong with that.

It all depends on the person....

If Culpepper is working his *** off and doing everthing he is suppose to do recover, he should be fine for week 1 for the regular season. Full recovery time for this type of injury is 8 months. This is as long as you rehab correctly and not sit on your *** and be lazy.

Click this link it will explain more about a torn acl.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/aclrepain/a/acl_3.htm

I wonder if this is the same doctor that did Kobe Bryants knee

If he has swelling, I'd expect him to either sit out an extra day of practice every week, or stick with walk thru's. That'd probably be good enough. He can spend a little extra time watching film of the opponent, and still be prepared on Sundays.

Back
Top Bottom