Interesting Comment from Mortensen! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Comment from Mortensen!

dolphindiehard

Practice Squad
Reaction score
On NFL gameday he just commented that with Rodriguez out of the hunt at Alabama that Sabans name is coming up again. Although Saban has denied wanting to leave he said it would be something to keep an eye on if Bama still does not have a coach once our season is over. Said they are floating a 10 year 35-40 million dollar contract out there.

I don't know why Saban would tuck tail and run back to College ball when he basically completely runs a pro team.

Watch how flat this team will be today. It is because of all this talk of Saban leaving for Alabama. He should leave now and the team can assess what they have on the roster.

IAG said:
Watch how flat this team will be today. It is because of all this talk of Saban leaving for Alabama. He should leave now and the team can assess what they have on the roster.

Nonsense. He told them he wasn't going anywhere. It's not his problem Alabama won't let go of the issue.

If they knew he was taking the job then I'd agree with you. Until that happens I expect this team to at least play hard until they are mathematically out of it or it becomes knowledge he is leaving.

Dolphins=LIFE said:
I don't know why Saban would tuck tail and run back to College ball when he basically completely runs a pro team.
Maybe because he's a horrible pro coach? I would love to see him tuck his tail and head back. I think he will. I would take odds on it. He can't figure it out when he's playing with the big boys.

Dmancari23 said:
Maybe because he's a horrible pro coach? I would love to see him tuck his tail and head back. I think he will. I would take odds on it. He can't figure it out when he's playing with the big boys.

..........at some point....you have to blame the players...im sorry, but the coach isn't the one on the field.

Even though Saban looks like a beat'n down man this season, the future does look good in Miami. The salary cap is now going to be in good shape, he's getting some very good drafts picks. Why would he turn his back now? Until he signs on the line with Bama, I won't buy it.

PhinGeneral said:
Nonsense. He told them he wasn't going anywhere. It's not his problem Alabama won't let go of the issue.

If they knew he was taking the job then I'd agree with you. Until that happens I expect this team to at least play hard until they are mathematically out of it or it becomes knowledge he is leaving.

Why does his name keep coming up? Has he left it open for them? I find it insulting, because college programs only go after NFL coaches when they are failing in the pros.
That means the Tide doesn't think Saban is going to last in the NFL.

Mort is another anti-Dolphins, pro-Patriots, ESPN guy. He is probably just trying to screw with Saban's and the player's heads for today's game.

dolphindiehard said:
On NFL gameday he just commented that with Rodriguez out of the hunt at Alabama that Sabans name is coming up again. Although Saban has denied wanting to leave he said it would be something to keep an eye on if Bama still does not have a coach once our season is over. Said they are floating a 10 year 35-40 million dollar contract out there.

Can't find the link but it was in yesterdays Palm Beach Post. $5 milion a year with a $7 million bonus up front. I will see if I can find the article and post a link.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16191249.htm

Added the link from the Herald.

jlfin said:
Why does his name keep coming up? Has he left it open for them? I find it insulting, because college programs only go after NFL coaches when they are failing in the pros.
That means the Tide doesn't think Saban is going to last in the NFL.
No that means they are going after him because they want to win and he has said numerous times he isn't going anywhere and this is a non-issue to me and if he leaves Miami will go after Jeff Fisher.

zachblitz54 said:
Mort is another anti-Dolphins, pro-Patriots, ESPN guy. He is probably just trying to screw with Saban's and the player's heads for today's game.
He is one of the few guys who actually picks the Fins to win on their weekly picks on ESPN.com so he is not an anti-Dolphins guy.

^^With him saying that today won't have an effect on the players because they won't be watching Sunday NFL Countdown on gameday.

Dmancari23 said:

Now I remember why I don't post on this site

zachblitz54 said:
Maybe despite his PUBLIC denials that Saban really is interested in the Alabama job. His comments, about "How it isn't the right time", "he is comitted because they are in the middle of a season", seem to leave it open that he would be interested come the end of the season.

Also, look at this from Len Pasquarelli:
Timing not right for Saban and Alabama: There were a lot of people in the Miami front office, those who still regard Nick Saban as a martinet of sorts, who were hoping the Dolphins' coach would accept the Alabama job. And, truth be told, there were a few people close to Saban who were nudging him in the general direction of Tuscaloosa. Had the timing been a little different and Alabama been able to wait until the end of the NFL season before making its choice, those people might have been able to persuade Saban to at least consider the job. And let's be straight about this: The offer floated to Saban by the Alabama folks was nowhere close to the $57 million that has been reported. It was, though, for 10 years, and at an average more than double what former West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez turned down from the Crimson Tide.

Back
Top Bottom