Interesting Comment from Mortensen! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Comment from Mortensen!

I cannot believe Saban would be selling out the organization the way he is.

Nick has already said that he`s not going anywhere we dont we all just DROP IT!

I think at some point, these kind of rumors have to stop. Because they're complete BS. Quit, quit, quit making these threads. These are without a doubt the most foolish of threads ever to grace the boards. These threads have the "RB a bust? Move ZT to safety" threads beat hands down. There is nothing to this, there never will be, and anyone buying into the speculation is just playing their part in the game. Saban is here, will be here, and will continue to be here. Quit with the garbage spam posts about what the media has to say.

IAG said:
I cannot believe Saban would be selling out the organization the way he is.

I can't believe you came back to this thread after your stupid comments earlier.

Saban will not leave and anyone who believes that is naive. How many times does the guy have to come out strongly in the media (for a guy who doesn't say much in the media at all) against it. At most he'll buy himself a few extra $$'s in his contract for the 'loyalty' just like Rod.

You know why? His ego will not let him leave with Miami in this state. He'd be tagged as a guy who 'couldn't' make it in the NFL and no way he leaves until he has the team in the right direction.

IAG said:
Watch how flat this team will be today. It is because of all this talk of Saban leaving for Alabama. He should leave now and the team can assess what they have on the roster.
Yeah, Saban definitely doesn't know how to motivate a team. I mean, they are basically out of things, and the PAts have everything to gain, and all Saban and the Dolphins did was shutout the mighty PAts. Wow, that Nick Saban is terrible.
:shakeno:

Stop trolling this site and go over to the Jills site, where you really belong.

unifiedtheory said:
How many times does Nick Saban have to deny he is going anywhere for the media to realize he is not going anywhere?

I hate to state the obvious, but apparently more than he already has. This is getting to the point of being absurd now, with the media hype and the repeated denials.

Originally Posted by IAG
Watch how flat this team will be today. It is because of all this talk of Saban leaving for Alabama. He should leave now and the team can assess what they have on the roster.

Good call buddy...:rolleyes2

Live in sunny Miami and coach a pro team or move your family again to go to Alabama and coach a middle of the road college team..? I think it's an easy one.

MikeO said:
1) Less workload
2) No pressure
3) more $$$$$

#3 might be accurate.

As for #1, he'll have to do a lot of recruiting, in addition to his coaching responsibilities. He's also a workaholic, so I don't think that factors in.

As for #2, No pressure? At Alabama? One of the most historic football programs at the college level with an alumni and fan base that take their football so seriously it would make Miami fans look apathetic? That Alabama?

For y'all to be getting this work up, y'all must not be aware of Mortenson's track record when it comes to the "unfounded rumor department".

This was the guy who last year said it was a "done deal" for the Saints to move permanently to San Antonio effective with the 2006 season, followed by it being a "done deal" that they would be playing in Los Angeles for 2007, followed by it being a done deal that Los Angeles would have two pro teams by 2008!

Saban isn't going anywhere.

PhinGeneral said:
#3 might be accurate.

As for #1, he'll have to do a lot of recruiting, in addition to his coaching responsibilities. He's also a workaholic, so I don't think that factors in.

As for #2, No pressure? At Alabama? One of the most historic football programs at the college level with an alumni and fan base that take their football so seriously it would make Miami fans look apathetic? That Alabama?

With a 10 year contract of guarnteed money........there is no pressure!!

MikeO said:
With a 10 year contract of guarnteed money........there is no pressure!!

Uhhh, these are the same fans that throw bricks through the coach's windows with crazy remarks written on them.

That's pressure. Those Alabama fans are a little nuts. But with that kind of money thrown around, who knows? Gotta be crazy to take the job, but maybe that's the kind of "challenge" Saban is willing to take......

Dmancari23 said:
Maybe because he's a horrible pro coach? I would love to see him tuck his tail and head back. I think he will. I would take odds on it. He can't figure it out when he's playing with the big boys.

Yeah, and that was so evident today when we shutout the patsy's. By the way I'll take those odds. $$$

Back
Top Bottom