Interesting Comment from Mortensen! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Comment from Mortensen!

Dolphins=LIFE said:
I don't know why Saban would tuck tail and run back to College ball when he basically completely runs a pro team.

1) Less workload
2) No pressure
3) more $$$$$

jlfin said:
Why does his name keep coming up? Has he left it open for them? .

YEP!! Saban has left this open-ended.

And if anyone truly believes Saban didn't have any converstaions with Bama people or Bama boosters in the past few weeks they are very naive!!

He turned them down the first time, yes. But he did talk with somebody and obviosuly they feel they can still land him and had enough of his interest.

All this crap is speculation and is getting very annoying he isn't going anywhere and people keep reading the same thing that different people and other media outlets are getting from one source.

MikeO said:
YEP!! Saban has left this open-ended.

And if anyone truly believes Saban didn't have any converstaions with Bama people or Bama boosters in the past few weeks they are very naive!!

He turned them down the first time, yes. But he did talk with somebody and obviosuly they feel they can still land him and had enough of his interest.
He didn't talk to them his agent did and he keeps saying he isn't interested it is Alabama who won't drop it.

Brown42000 said:
He didn't talk to them his agent did and he keeps saying he isn't interested it is Alabama who won't drop it.

lol, are naive???

Of course he must say in public he doesn't have interest. He is still coaching a team. That doesn't mean he doesn't have interest. He is just letting his agent do the dirty work.

Bottom line is...........If NICK doesn't want to be here, let him go!!!!

As a GM he has been poor. As a coach he has been ok to good. But if he doesn't want to be here, see ya later Nick. Let him walk!! Your not gonna win in this league with a coach who is unhappy with his situation!

MikeO said:
Bottom line is...........If NICK doesn't want to be here, let him go!!!!

As a GM he has been poor. As a coach he has been ok to good. But if he doesn't want to be here, see ya later Nick. Let him walk!! Your not gonna win in this league with a coach who is unhappy with his situation!
If you really are a writer I don't know how that happened because he has done a great job fixing our cap situation and having good drafts.

Brown42000 said:
If you really are a writer I don't know how that happened because he has done a great job fixing our cap situation and having good drafts.

We can agree to disagree with that!

I agree with MikeO, it seems that Saban is interested and if the job is still open after the season he might consider bolting back to college. If you people actually think it was over after Saban's comments, you are kidding yourself. There is a reason why Alabama keeps contacting him and why he name is still in the discussion. He ruled them out during the season, but it seems he was willing to take the job if they just waited until after the season. Now that Alabama just got turned down, it seems like they will wait for Saban.

Realisticly, it is probably only 50/50 that Saban will be the head coach of the Dolphins next year.

He better not leave with only being with usnfor 2 years

Dmancari23 said:
Maybe because he's a horrible pro coach? I would love to see him tuck his tail and head back. I think he will. I would take odds on it. He can't figure it out when he's playing with the big boys.

WELL SAID!!!!!! Im with you....

Brown42000 said:
No that means they are going after him because they want to win and he has said numerous times he isn't going anywhere and this is a non-issue to me and if he leaves Miami will go after Jeff Fisher.

Now that would be a good move...they should do it anyway....But Wayne is an idiot when it comes to running the Dolphins so I dont see it happening...

Im sick of seein this thread. Saban isnt goin anywhere. Hes said it many times, and will continue to say it many times. Hes makin big money in the biggest football league and he completly runs the team. Enough said. Not to mention he had a winning record last year and its not impossible for him to do it again.

boy, I am tired of these threads...

I guess they just won't go away no matter what...

So, I am going to leave it at this if I can...

If he leaves, then we will crucify him then...and I do mean CRUCIFY. You don't quit this job two years in. Until then, I guess we'll have to expect him to be here. I will say this...Alabama has a new hater. Go Auburn.

Dmancari23 said:
Maybe because he's a horrible pro coach? I would love to see him tuck his tail and head back. I think he will. I would take odds on it. He can't figure it out when he's playing with the big boys.

It's a good thing you get paid so much to evaluate coaches... man... that would be a dream for me, what's it like??

Back
Top Bottom