Interesting Qb Option: Jacoby Brissett | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Qb Option: Jacoby Brissett

I actually dont hate the idea. He's better then Fales and Falk. Debatable if hes better then Tannehill. But price tag could be a little high. Chris Ballard has said that he would have to be blown away by an offer if he was going to move Brissett. What else should he say? That he's take the bare minimum for him?

Last edited:
I would rather go draft route QB, cb, dt, og de,qb de
Ross need stay away from football period. tanking can go in 2 way good or bad. only think I see wrong w dolphins is they need trim fat of roster.. better drafting and picking f/a. coaching must be better. got start beating team outside of afc east.

Agree with the OP. I think that Brissett is young and has some decent upside (and he won't break the bank). He played pretty well for Indy in 2017 when Luck was out and he was behind a pretty crappy O-line that they subsequently fixed in 2018.
Maybe Brissett isn't the long term solution but there seems little downside to giving him a go.
You can’t use the oline as an excuse on this site.
Olines are fine, it’s the QB that sucks. But in this case it’s the QB.

Is the QB from Duke going to be in this draft?

If he is, I suspect he will be a middle round selection. Therefore, he would be available to us if, we want him, for a middle draft pick. I feel the higher rated QB's in the next two drafts may not be what we need. Our best bet is picking a QB a little lower in the draft that has some fundamental skills. We won't be any worse off than what we now have and we may have used our high draft pick effectively, making us a better team. If our middle round QB pans out we will be ahead of the game

Is the QB from Duke going to be in this draft?

If he is, I suspect he will be a middle round selection. Therefore, he would be available to us if, we want him, for a middle draft pick. I feel the higher rated QB's in the next two drafts may not be what we need. Our best bet is picking a QB a little lower in the draft that has some fundamental skills. We won't be any worse off than what we now have and we may have used our high draft pick effectively, making us a better team. If our middle round QB pans out we will be ahead of the game
He will go in the 2nd or early 3rd.

tyrods gonna give you more off script than he is pocket. you gonna be poking your eyes out watching his pocket play. only thing he can throw from the pocket is end of drop verticals to primarys. can drop those in the bucket.

Another interesting idea would maybe be trading Reshad Jones for Brissett. Sounds crazy but gets us out of his deal and helps the colts who are win now and we save our picks

Colts owner was on record saying he wouldn't trade him for a first a couple years ago. Obviously some time has passed but it would probably take a second and that's not worth it to me.

I'd rather draft 3 or so QBs in the next two years and hope that we get a franchise guy and then a really good backup/trade bait which is what Brissett is.

Brissett was drafted in the 3rd round and hasnt proven to be better than that in the NFL, under 60% comp.pct and a 6.6 YPA... AND he's only got 1 year left on his rookie contract...

I remember reading about a year ago that Indy was so high on Brissett that they wouldn't entertain any talks for him for anything less than a 1st round pick. I think he has some potential, but not enough for that price. IMO, the only 1st-worthy QBs are Kyler Murray this year or one of the many available in 2020. Sign an affordable journeyman for 2019, take our lumps, and build for the future.

tyrods gonna give you more off script than he is pocket. you gonna be poking your eyes out watching his pocket play. only thing he can throw from the pocket is end of drop verticals to primarys. can drop those in the bucket.

Sign me up for that please, as I've said before, sounds like everything we've needed. Throw deep to or deep threats (Stills, Grant, Wilson), evade pressure and either run or make a play to Gesicki or Amendola in the short to mid area. His ability to make a play out of nothing would do wonders for our offense. Don't expose the guy by going shotgun every play, we do have a run game that's only going to get better once we start investing in the trenches.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom