Interview with Mike McDaniel Requested | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interview with Mike McDaniel Requested

I believe what is most important, and should be most important to the Dolphins brass, are the thoughts of all the notable coaches and the players each of these guys have worked with, as well as where these guys have worked and whom they learned from. I’d weigh far more heavily the opinions and feedbacks of these people than any impression I got or answer a candidate gave in an interview. Or his size, or the feeling I got talking with him. Essentially, my homework on the candidates would tell me whom to hire, not anything that comes from an interview.

And ultimately I feel this way because the Dolphins should have learned by now that there are NOT good at this. Their instincts in hiring suck. So stop pretending that you can assess a coach and ask the right questions. Instead do a lot of homework, talk to a lot of people, and essentially hire the guy with the best reviews.

One thing's for sure, the interest in McDaniel from the Fins is real, they wanted to interview him last year for the OC job. They're also intrigued with this offense specifically as they want to interview Brown, the asst. HC of McVay.

Shula also didn't look like he got shoved into lockers in high school.

Other than Vrabel, every single coach in the NFL is a guy capable of being shoved in a locker by an NFL player in his prime. The notion of physical intimidation of a head coach in the NFL is laughable.

Speaking of Vrabel, when he was hired by the Titans the OVERWHELMING sentiment was he was a big tough meat head who is not cerebral. Now we get the opposite with McDaniel. Comical.

One thing's for sure, the interest in McDaniel from the Fins is real, they wanted to interview him last year for the OC job. They're also intrigued with this offense specifically as they want to interview Brown, the asst. HC of McVay.
Imagine if Flo had gone in that direction instead of of promoting the two headed monster.

When you write about Klopp,i must add my 2 Cents,BCS He coached my soccer Team many years.
I think Dolphins are Not little as Mainz 05,this was Klopps First Team as young Head Coach.
Borussia Dortmund summoned him after his success in Mainz,and yes we had the best years in History with him.
But He was no newbie as Headcoach.
I think erveryone know what He Made in LFC so Not need write about it .
The question is
Dolphins =Mainz 05 ?
Dolphins =Borussia Dortmund?
Dolphins =Liverpool FC?

I Hope we are Not Mainz 05,and i Hope we find an HC with experience.
Good Morning Germany, or good afternoon. The only HCs with experience (at least what's been reported) on the market are guys Dan Quinn, Vance Joseph, Doug Perderson. Do you think any of them are any good?

He looks like he smokes a ton of weed (not a bad thing or anything) and looks like the go to guy to fix a printer.
He looks like Al Madrigal so yes, tons of weed...

Al-Madrigal.-Credit.-Charley-Gallay..jpg

GAROPPOLO: “Mike is awesome, man. He really is. He's kind of that, I don't want to say the mastermind behind everything, but he's kind of that guy in the background that doesn't say a whole ton to a lot of people, but his mind is always moving. The ideas that he comes up with are so fresh and new that it's a cool guy to have on the staff. Just the way that he can implement things. And he simplifies it down to, I mean he's a lot smarter than most of us. So he dumbs it down for us and kind of gets us all on the same page. And it's just a good combination with him and all the rest of the coaches.”

Q: Now that we've afforded the opportunity to talk to offensive coordinator Mike McDaniel this year, obviously he's serious quite a bit, but he might lead the NFL in sarcastic humor and dry wit. Is he much the same with you guys or just behind the scenes? Is kind of what we're seeing what you get?

SHANAHAN: “Yeah, I think so. I haven't watched his press conferences, I don't study them, but I have an idea of how they are, that's Mike. He's an acquired taste and you guys are getting it. So Mike's a good dude, he's really good at what he does and he's himself. He's one of the smartest coaches I've been around and he’s been huge to our team and huge for me throughout my entire career.”

Q: I'm not looking for a percentage, but obviously your run game has evolved quite a bit over the years. How much of that is Mike McDaniel?

SHANAHAN: “Mike does a ton of it. We all do it in here, but we all have our separate areas that we work on. Then we try to bring it together and patch it all together to make an offense as a whole. And then we distribute it to all our position coaches, so Mike gets as much credit as anyone in this building. [Offensive line coach] Chris Foerster gets a lot of credit, our O-Line, all the assistants, all the guys who draw it, the position coaches, but Mike's in charge of that. And Mike's been unbelievable, not just here, he did the same thing for me in Atlanta, Cleveland and was a big part in Washington too.”

Back
Top Bottom