Intro to Gerrid Doaks RB: RD7b | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Gerrid Doaks RB: RD7b

A perfect short yardage wracking ball. We don't have anyone in the roaster with this role. Gaskin and Ahmed are too light. I see Doaks has an excellent chance of making the team, and use extensively in 3 and short and goal line situation.
Another solid pick by Grier.

I don’t know how good he will turn out to be but he looks like a good pick for where we got him. He has the exact profile of a back I would have looked for in the seventh round.

We need to just get used to the fact that Gerrid Doaks is the beast in the building at RB from the moment he steps foot in Davie. Im sorry to the other running backs but they are just not the beasts Gerrid Doaks is. That just how it goes, and the beast is #1 on depth chart.

If the rumor is true, Miami is planning to use some, 3 TE sets on offense, Doaks has a chance to excel.

Doaks is better than people here realize. He'll win people over as preseason plays out. I'm sure they'll bring in a few guys to compete for the 4th rb role. Wouldn't be shocked if Miami sigbed Doaks' former Bearcat teammate Mike Warren too. Warren was drafted last year but with not training camp or preseason never had a chance to catch the eyes of Washington coaching staff.

We need to just get used to the fact that Gerrid Doaks is the beast in the building at RB from the moment he steps foot in Davie. Im sorry to the other running backs but they are just not the beasts Gerrid Doaks is. That just how it goes, and the beast is #1 on depth chart.
Malcom Brown is also better than Miami fans seem to realize. Not saying he's the second coming, but he's a competent NFL rb.

Miles Gaskins 69" 205 lbs Broad 118 Vert 35.5
WT/HT ratio 2.97
Total jump 153.5
40 4.58

Malcolm Brown 71" 224 lbs Broad 117 Vert 34.5
WT/HT ratio 3.15
Total jump 151.5
40 4.62

Salvon Ahmed 71" 197 lbs Broad NA Vert 34.5
WT/HT ratio 2.77
Total Jump NA
40 4.62

Patrick Laird 71" 205 lbs Broad 120 Vert 34
WT/HT ratio 2.89
Total Jump 154
40 4.56

Gerrid Doaks 71" 228 lbs Broad 120 Vert 39.5
WT/HT ratio 3.21 (team best)
Total jump 159.5 (team best)
40 4.58 (comparable)

Should be #1 back from the get go.
After watching all the RB’s who played on the team last year. I am really surprised to see that Ahmed had the slowest 40 time. He certainly didn’t look slower than Laird and Gaskins when he was on the field.

Nice tape Happy to take a roll of the dice on a bigger physical back. I could care less about 40 times. Different than any back we have on our team . I like the pick
Why is he different than Malcom Brown? I feel like Dolfans are underrating Malcom Brown.

After watching all the RB’s who played on the team last year. I am really surprised to see that Ahmed had the slowest 40 time. He certainly didn’t look slower than Laird and Gaskins when he was on the field.

Ahmed ran 4.3+ in HS. For some reason he ran 4.62 at combine or pro day.

4.58 speed? I get out of bed quicker than that.
I used to be able to get out of bed faster than that when I was younger too. Yet at 70 years old and with an arthritic back, it takes me nearly 4 minute and 58 seconds just to walk 10 steps to the toilet after eventually getting out of bed.

Back
Top Bottom