Ireland escapes this one... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland escapes this one...

dolfanerie

Scout Team
Reaction score
As I keep getting more upset looking back on the Dolphins decisions the last 3 years the one that has been really quiet lately and SHOULD NOT is the Marshall trade. Before you all go crazy and say the guy was a cancer and he would of ruined Tannehill, etc... It is as bad of trade as Wes Welker. Hands down... The jerk Marshall is rated the #1 WR in football. And please don't give me the Jay Cutler reason, because that guy isn't as good as Matt Moore in my opinion. Just total disgust with Ireland/Parcells decisions. Cam Wake is the only home run he hit in 200 at bats. He is a loser and has to go, this is a nightmare that will continue with Ireland around. At least we got Egnew with that pick. He looks great every week with his mouth open catching flys while he doesn't understand the play book in December. Does he even have a uniform? Loser GM... Gotta go.

As I keep getting more upset looking back on the Dolphins decisions the last 3 years the one that has been really quiet lately and SHOULD NOT is the Marshall trade. Before you all go crazy and say the guy was a cancer and he would of ruined Tannehill, etc... It is as bad of trade as Wes Welker. Hands down... The jerk Marshall is rated the #1 WR in football. And please don't give me the Jay Cutler reason, because that guy isn't as good as Matt Moore in my opinion. Just total disgust with Ireland/Parcells decisions. Cam Wake is the only home run he hit in 200 at bats. He is a loser and has to go, this is a nightmare that will continue with Ireland around. At least we got Egnew with that pick. He looks great every week with his mouth open catching flys while he doesn't understand the play book in December. Does he even have a uniform? Loser GM... Gotta go.
You think Matt Moore is better than Cutler?!

I would have liked to have read your entire post, but i lost interest when you stated cutler wasnt better than moore.

We traded him, the staff apparently thought it best to move on without him. I liked him as well.
Hes gone now. Let it go

I will let it go when Ireland is let go. Blythe way Cutler has 16TD 13INT. 80.2 QBR. And the guy is a big cry baby who is constantly hurt.

I agree with wanting to get rid of Marshall but I think the timing and what we received were pretty bad though. Not sure I can really say Moore is better than Cuttler either.....Although I do hate Cuttler and think Moore is super underrated

I agree with wanting to get rid of Marshall but I think the timing and what we received were pretty bad though. Not sure I can really say Moore is better than Cuttler either.....Although I do hate Cuttler and think Moore is super underrated

Getting rid of Brandon Marshall was fine. Not replacing him was criminal and robbed us of any chance to make it past the regular season this year.

Would have been interesting to see how Tanny would have done this year with someone like Marshall to throw to. Why in the world we thought 2 3rds was a acceptable offer for a elite WR in this league I have no clue. Dumb move compounded by not bothering to replace him.

Cutler did not make B Marsh what he is this year. Sorry won't buy into that at all. We got NOTHING in return. That's the problem! When is Ireland gonna be held accountable? I was not mad about getting rid of Marshall and his big mouth but it was Ireland's job to fill the void. He made the Void larger. Terrible GM... Please don't settle for this Fin fans, we are the Cleveland Browns of the South.

The biggest problem isn't the fact that he traded him. Fine, he didn't fit the system Philbin wants to install, and I can understand that. The problem lies in the fact that once again he failed to have a replacement plan. He did the same with the Vontae trade. Fine, he didn't fit; again, I can get on board with that. But Smith and Carroll? Granted, Carroll is slowly developing, but Smith is a turd.

Not having any plan for a replacement while trying to develop a rookie QB is criminal. That might be the worst thing about the trade is that there was no plan to fill the hole he just created. Also getting less than the exorbitant trade value which you established for the player (while he needed a new contract and was facing suspension) is a hilariously incompetent footnote on the whole BMarsh situation.

Having had the whole season to evaluate the moves and non moves of Jeff ireland, I would have to agree with you.
The comment about matt Moore is a stretch, because moore is a fumbling machine.
IMHO...letting a future HOF receiver like Welker was a bone head move(different GM). The Marshall move looks like the same mistake.
We have to accumulate talent. We are becoming the Miami Marlins of football. A farm team. Now we will let Long walk.
The coaches have to handle these retards like Marshall, find ways to keep players, not trade them away.

Having had the whole season to evaluate the moves and non moves of Jeff ireland, I would have to agree with you.
The comment about matt Moore is a stretch, because moore is a fumbling machine.
IMHO...letting a future HOF receiver like Welker was a bone head move. The Marshall move looks like the same mistake.
The coaches have to handle these retards, not trade them away.

Welker was while Ireland was still in Dallas.

I don't have any proof to back this up but I've heard and read that Philbin wanted the two biggest locker room cancers gone. He wanted Marshall and Davis off this team. It actually makes sense. Why would Ireland Ireland want to get rid of two guys he acquired?

Back
Top Bottom