Ireland escapes this one... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland escapes this one...

If the Jets had listened to the character gurus back in the 60s they would have cut Namath, and the Packers would have cut Paul Hornung. The Raiders' championship teams wouldn't even have existed. I don't even want to get started on the '80's 'Canes. It's football, people. You don't suit up the nicest boys in the school. You suit up as many thugs and misfits as have the physical ability to dominate, and it's up to the coach and a few of his enforcers to keep them in line.

Trading Marshall was a mistake. If he'd gotten into Ryan's face too much, you just send over a committee of Big Paul, Big Jake and Pee Wee Herman to have a friendly chat with him.

Pretty sure his replacement plan for Vontae was R. Marshall. Not his fault the dude was useless all year. I'm not going to speculate on what was known regarding his back prior to the trade. Ireland did fail in finding decent wideout to help replace the void of B Marshall. Although, I wasn't expecting Ireland to replace him with someone of equal talent. We didn't have the cap room and they obviously felt like going in a different direction during last years draft.

Yeah, Ireland/Philbin didn't fill every hole on the team in one year. Seems like everyone on the board thinks they should have. When rational thinking would dictate that is impossible in one year.

As a supposed talent evaluator, it absolutely is. So he's not to blame when his FA's don't work out? And I'm not talking about his back. He wasn't any good before his back injury. That's hardly a contingency plan. Great, he didn't leave the roster spot open, that's about all he did.

I certainly don't expect them to fill every need the team has in a given offseason, but I don't think it's too crazy to have a contingency plan for when you move your best offensive playmaker in a pass-first league. Maybe give our new rookie QB (thank god he finally addressed the most important position in football) some weapons to work with rather than making excuses?
Rational thinking would dictate that you don't move a big part of your team without a replacement plan, but that's exactly what he did. There were plenty of options in both FA and the draft, yet he signs Naanee, who everybody and their mother knew was an absolutely ****ty WR.

Marshall was a cancer to the team, he was a good receiver but we can do better. Yes he would have helped this year obviously, but there is a long term factor when you draft a rookie. If we do well with the two 3rd round picks, I will be satisfied

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

If the player is a detriment to your team and/or locker room then you make that sacrifice. Clearly our FO thought this was the case..

Sacrifice an entire season with an offense that can't score points in order to build locker room morale. Sounds like a good reason. I can't think of any better reason to sacrifice a season. :ponder:

That being said, it's not all that difficult to find at least one solid WR that can start over what we currently have, and yet he still failed to.

do you think he is consistantly hurt because he has the WORST oline in the nfl BY FAR

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

wasnt that bone head of a move, he was leaving for FA anyways with no chance of resigning, so why not get a 2nd and 7th.... the only mistake was trading him to the patriots

He was a restricted FA, the dolphins could have matched and there would have been nothing Welker could have done about it. They chose to let him walk. That was Cam and Mueller though so it's moot.

I don't have any proof to back this up but I've heard and read that Philbin wanted the two biggest locker room cancers gone. He wanted Marshall and Davis off this team. It actually makes sense. Why would Ireland Ireland want to get rid of two guys he acquired?

You know for five years running the theme for Jeff Ireland defense has been "We dont know who was behind the move..." or "We don't have have all the facts....." at what point is the HEAD GENERAL MANAGER of five years going to be held accountable for the trades and acquisitions this team makes?

BM yelled at Henne on sidelines? Please provide proof...Love the BM haters that make up things....

I can surely find proof of Fasano yelling on the field at Henne....he gets a pass though I guess, right?

Will get you your proof.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...interests-is-the-relationship-between-br.html

"The relationship also was seen on the sideline on a number of times, with Marshall yelling at the quarterback and the quarterback ignoring the receiver's words."

I guess numerous reports, seeing it on TV and basically it being talked quite abit here, we ALL made things up. Get a grip.:lol:

As for Fasano, you are talking to the wrong kat concerning that bum. He doesn't get a pass, he should get the boot. Fasano is the definition of mediocre.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the player is a detriment to your team and/or locker room then you make that sacrifice. Clearly our FO thought this was the case..

The same FO that knew he was a headcase that traded for him? The same FO that got a loudmouth detriment in Chad Johnson to try and help the hole they created? That FO?

Where is this proof that Marshall was a cancer ?

"The relationship also was seen on the sideline on a number of times, with Marshall yelling at the quarterback and the quarterback ignoring the receiver's words"

"I guess it was because Marshall often ran impromptu routes based on what he felt or saw and Henne is not really an impromptu kind of guy. Henne is a precise guy that expects a 12-yard sideline route run at exactly 12 yards -- not 14 yards, not 11 yards."

What gets me, is people like you ignore or are too busy to educate yourself to what happened in the past. It has been chronicled here by several people, that Henne and Marshall had a up and down relationship. It was also know, that going into this season, Marshall didn't fit the system. He ran his own routes. Something, a coach from GB, would not allow. So please take the time to educate yourself to what the player already did and what was documented many moons ago, before posting stupid ****.

Will get you your proof.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...interests-is-the-relationship-between-br.html

"The relationship also was seen on the sideline on a number of times, with Marshall yelling at the quarterback and the quarterback ignoring the receiver's words."

I guess numerous reports, seeing it on TV and basically it being talked quite abit here, we ALL made things up. Get a grip.:lol:

As for Fasano, you are talking to the wrong kat concerning that bum. He doesn't get a pass, he should get the boot. Fasano is the definition of mediocre.

Sorry, I call BS Armando piece. Video would be all over any true arguement of a flare up.....nowhere to be found.

Anyone besides the highly heralded Armando? The guy is the most hated on here....lol

If there are numerous reports...there must be something else. You and Armando are we all? No video...no lockerroom talk, even after he left? Time for someone else to get a grip.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

"The relationship also was seen on the sideline on a number of times, with Marshall yelling at the quarterback and the quarterback ignoring the receiver's words"

"I guess it was because Marshall often ran impromptu routes based on what he felt or saw and Henne is not really an impromptu kind of guy. Henne is a precise guy that expects a 12-yard sideline route run at exactly 12 yards -- not 14 yards, not 11 yards."

What gets me, is people like you ignore or are too busy to educate yourself to what happened in the past. It has been chronicled here by several people, that Henne and Marshall had a up and down relationship. It was also know, that going into this season, Marshall didn't fit the system. He ran his own routes. Something, a coach from GB, would not allow. So please take the time to educate yourself to what the player already did and what was documented many moons ago, before posting stupid ****.

What you just explained was Chad Johnson in a nutshell.....the guy they picked up after trading BM. Maybe you should look in mirror about educating yourself.

Sorry, I call BS Armando piece. Video would be all over any true arguement of a flare up.....nowhere to be found.

Anyone besides the highly heralded Armando? The guy is the most hated on here....lol

If there are numerous reports...there must be something else. You and Armando are we all? No video...no lockerroom talk, even after he left? Time for someone else to get a grip.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

What you just explained was Chad Johnson in a nutshell.....the guy they picked up after trading BM. Maybe you should look in mirror about educating yourself.

CBS, ESPN and ABC all have reports. Go do your research. Second time I've had to correct you on subject but same small response. Many here had seen the arguments. It was talked about HERE many times. Local beat writers including crappy Mando reported it. I guess if you believe there was a black helicopter leading to Marshall's demise, then you will never believe true facts.

"No player was more outwardly frustrated with Henne and the 2010 season than Brandon Marshall. The Dolphins’ star receiver was seen arguing with Henne on the sideline several times at the end of the season, then ignored him completely in the season finale at New England, then said in a post-mortem radio interview that he felt more comfortable with Tyler Thigpen at quarterback."

Ben Volin http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...ad-henne-defends-brandon-marshalls-outbursts/

As for Nacho Stinko. I didn't like the pickup and wasn't surprised he was let go of. He was too stupid to matter in NE. And he was to stupid to matter in MIA. I do educate myself. And I'm consistent in my opinions concerning the Phins. Its people like you who will try to spin **** their way so they don't look stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
CBS, ESPN and ABC all have reports. Go do your research. Second time I've had to correct you on subject but same small response. Many here had seen the arguments. It was talked about HERE many times. Local beat writers including crappy Mando reported it. I guess if you believe there was a black helicopter leading to Marshall's demise, then you will never believe true facts.

So nothing about the chad comment right? I understand.

If the best you have is the first year he was here with Henne...an Armando piece...its sad. No reading material from last year? Shocking....bc it didn't happen. BM was a huge issue off-field, but ntohing showed or reported he was a cancer in the lockerroom like you are trying to stir up. All I usually hear is about his one comment from the probowl. Something that the owner and FO has always said.

If you know of all these other "reports", it's odd that you use the highly coveted Armando. :lol: and a blogpiece...I'm going to write in a blog right now, on how BM is a model citizen....maybe someone will use it in a post here....

Barry Jackson wrote:
Commentators weren’t the only ones critical of Brandon Marshall’s sideline antics. As one respected Dolphins player (not a quarterback) said, Marshall’s yelling at Chad Henne and others should not happen, was bad for chemistry and sets a poor example for young players. Chad Pennington admitted “one of my roles” was to calm him down. “Throw him the ball and he’s fine,” Pennington said. But he was thrown the seventh-most passes in the NFL. “Henne needs to tell Marshall to shut his [expletive] mouth and get in the huddle,” ESPN’s Merril Hoge said.

Old quotes. Some of the pages I had saved are now expired.

"Henne and Marshall might be able to make their relationship work after an up-and-down 2010 which saw Marshall sometimes yell at Henne in frustration on the sidelines and tell the media now-departed backup Tyler Thigpen might do better in the starting quarterback."
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/Everyone-Loves-Chad-Even-Brandon-Marshall-128181248.html

Back
Top Bottom