Ireland is TOAST if... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland is TOAST if...

Finfanforever

Finfanforever
Reaction score
Ireland is toast if he does not come out of this draft with Tannehill or Weedon...no doubt! It will be an absolute PR meltdown in Davie! Thoughts??

Ugh, this is my opinion but he isnt TOAST if he doesn't pick either of them. IMO tannehill is going to be a project whether people realize it or not. Philbin's as well as Irelands main priority right now is upgrading this roster as they see fit. Phlibin wants to build through this draft and we have alot of picks to do so. Don't be shocked if we trade down and acquire more picks. If not than I see ireland taking a pass rusher or perhaps another OL. I can careless right now if he didn't pick tannehill. I would like to see more offensive weapons preferably 2 nice wr's as well as a te. But I would be most happy if they took the best guy available when its our pick at 8 and IMO Tannehill is not that pick.

A fair amount of people will complain if we draft Weeden. People will complain whatever happens, the only way to stop it is to start winning.

Ireland won't be 'toast' though, he is staying for at least another season.

Ireland better stick to his board and disregard what the fans and media think. Do you really want a GM who uses the draft as a popularity contest? If I'm Jeff Ireland, I'm gonna succeed or fail doing things my way, following my vision for building this team. I know come draft day some of the players I like will get passed over and I'll be disappointed, but maybe one or two might get selected. The hope that comes with the draft is what makes it great, at least it always has for me.

If he doesn't get one of those 2 and the team has another 8-8, 7-9, 6-10 season I think his time in Miami is over.

IF he drafts one and has them waiting in the wings to take over from Matt Moore then he will be safe no matter what Miami does next year

Ugh, this is my opinion but he isnt TOAST if he doesn't pick either of them. IMO tannehill is going to be a project whether people realize it or not. Philbin's as well as Irelands main priority right now is upgrading this roster as they see fit. Phlibin wants to build through this draft and we have alot of picks to do so. Don't be shocked if we trade down and acquire more picks. If not than I see ireland taking a pass rusher or perhaps another OL. I can careless right now if he didn't pick tannehill. I would like to see more offensive weapons preferably 2 nice wr's as well as a te. But I would be most happy if they took the best guy available when its our pick at 8 and IMO Tannehill is not that pick.

The Dolphins have holes true enough. We ARE rebuilding on offense at least...however...filling these holes with OLineman, a pas-rusher, and WR are all legit...but now more than ever the NFL is a QUARTERBACK league. and at the end of the day you have a unproven Matt Moore and an ol'-has-been in Gerrard...both under a one-year contract. That senario does not boad well in a QB-starved city like Miami. I like Tannehill at #8..or a trade down pick up another 2nd rounder and come away with Weedon at the end of round 1 (ahead of Cleveland at #22). At the end of the day...ifr you don't have a QB to build a franchise around...you have nothing! I think we have proven that haven't we?

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Ireland better stick to his board and disregard what the fans and media think. Do you really want a GM who uses the draft as a popularity contest? If I'm Jeff Ireland, I'm gonna succeed or fail doing things my way, following my vision for building this team. I know come draft day some of the players I like will get passed over and I'll be disappointed, but maybe one or two might get selected. The hope that comes with the draft is what makes it great, at least it always has for me.

Fair enough...but Moore and Gerrard are NOT the answer...we have to get one or the other IMO.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Drafting one or the other...saves his job for yet another year because of the presumed "hope"

The Dolphins have holes true enough. We ARE rebuilding on offense at least...however...filling these holes with OLineman, a pas-rusher, and WR are all legit...but now more than ever the NFL is a QUARTERBACK league. and at the end of the day you have a unproven Matt Moore and an ol'-has-been in Gerrard...both under a one-year contract. That senario does not boad well in a QB-starved city like Miami. I like Tannehill at #8..or a trade down pick up another 2nd rounder and come away with Weedon at the end of round 1 (ahead of Cleveland at #22). At the end of the day...ifr you don't have a QB to build a franchise around...you have nothing! I think we have proven that haven't we?

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Fair enough...but Moore and Gerrard are NOT the answer...we have to get one or the other IMO.

I'm not saying Ireland shouldn't draft a QB, I hope he drafts one early. I just hope he doens't let the fans or media to sway "which" QB he drafts. IMO, Moore and Gerrard give us the best chance to be competitive this season while they develop a young QB for the future.

I'm not saying Ireland shouldn't draft a QB, I hope he drafts one early. I just hope he doens't let the fans or media to sway "which" QB he drafts. IMO, Moore and Gerrard give us the best chance to be competitive this season while they develop a young QB for the future.

Agreed...good point. Just my opinion...but I thing Tannehill is their guy with Weedon a "plan B"

I disagree with this.If he has a very good draft and doesnt take a QB next year theres alot of good QB's in that draft next year..It may be the deepest EVER and that includes Luck and RGIII coming out this year.

Why are those two that important? If they have evaluated that those guys are worth or not worth it they have to draft accordingly.

I disagree with this.If he has a very good draft and doesnt take a QB next year theres alot of good QB's in that draft next year..It may be the deepest EVER and that includes Luck and RGIII coming out this year.

After losing out on Manning and flat by-passing on Flynn...the pressure is NOW!

Back
Top Bottom