Ireland is TOAST if... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland is TOAST if...

I don't remember us striking out on flynn, I do remember philbin not thinking he was better than matt moore therefore not worth the money flynn wanted.

I don't think were drafting tannehill. My honest opinion is we trade back to get more picks.

That explains why coach Philbin had been calling Flynn when Miami was still in the Manning chase telling him Miami wanted him, had him in for a visit as soon as Miami knew they were turned down by Manning, called after the visit and Flynn was offered a contract. The only thing Philbin didn't have control over was the amount of the offer...that falls on Ireland. Since Ireland has mismanaged the cap Miami would have had to cut contracts or renegotiated contracts to offer him what Seattle did.

Have a link where coach Philbin said he didn't think Moore was better? I have never seen anything where Philbin has even hinted at such a thing.

That explains why coach Philbin had been calling Flynn when Miami was still in the Manning chase telling him Miami wanted him, had him in for a visit as soon as Miami knew they were turned down by Manning, called after the visit and Flynn was offered a contract. The only thing Philbin didn't have control over was the amount of the offer...that falls on Ireland. Since Ireland has mismanaged the cap Miami would have had to cut contracts or renegotiated contracts to offer him what Seattle did.

Have a link where coach Philbin said he didn't think Moore was better? I have never seen anything where Philbin has even hinted at such a thing.

I didn't think Philbin called Flynn in right after we were out of the chase for Manning, it still took a couple of days if I remember correctly. IMO the only reason Flynn was called to Miami at all was because of the insane fall in stock Flynn was taking, not being called right away by Philbin. It really is a knock on any player if a former coach has a position of need and doesn't call you to even compete to fill it if you are available.

Could be Ireland's mismanaged cap issues, but with Flynn I don't think it was.

IF philbin thought flynn was a franchise qb flynn doesn't get lowballed and it was reported weeks back that flynn wasn't seen as a definite upgrade over matt moore

Tannehill is seen as an upgrade over Flynn and Moore. thats why the low ball offer and why Moore only has a one year contract.

Tannehill is seen as an upgrade over Flynn and Moore. thats why the low ball offer and why Moore only has a one year contract.

I wouldn't say as fact that they see tannehill as a franchise qb or even an upgrade at this point we don't know which qb the dophins like best in this draft its all media hype and speculation. If tannehills selected at 8 I wont be upset, I don't think he's worth drafting at 8 but ill take it in stride and hope for the best, I really don't have another option. If they trade up for tannehill I might lose my mind tho. If someone else snags tannehill id be fine(don't think he's worth a top 10 pick) with wilson or osweiler in later rounds and going bpa at 8the or trade back n add a few extra picks. I know russel wilsons small (inch shorter thn brees) but what he has done is impressive but the height translating to the nfl is concerning. He did have a huge o line so I don't think vision would be much different. Osweiler is intriguing. The guys 6'7" 240lbs, has a pretty good arm, fairly mobile for such a big guy, stands firm in the pocket.

If we don't get tannehill I would be fine going after one of these guys in later rounds. In the gruden camp they said wilson ran a wco at wisconsin so he might fit our scheme better than osweiler would. Ill be honest though I really don't get time to watch much college ball so im going off of youtube videos, informed intelligent posters comments and research I've done just searching google to familiarize myself with the prospects. Therefore I can't say im all that educated regarding every aspect of these guys game.

You are not seeing the whole picture here. Say Ireland does what he usually does and passes on Tannehill...who is sitting there at #8 and passes on Weedon...or for that matter just does not address the QB position at all. Then lets say this team does what they did last year and goes 0-7...1-6 or something pathetic like that. The seats in the stadium are empty...the stadium becomes a ghost town...the heat gets turned on Ireland who "did the shopping for the groceries". Ross will have to react... you know he will at the end of the season.

However...Ireland drafts Tannehill or weedon and even if they sit (which they should)....Ireland survives because fans at least have hope and the offense will be labled as "rebuilding". That is the way I see it...he almost has to address the QB position with Tannehill or Weedon. Fact-no, theory-yes.

The way I see the whole picture is this. Ireland / Philbin have 1 chance to select "their" QB. I think that Philbin and Ireland are tied together, like it or not. Philbin did not want to place his Head Coaching fate in Flynn's hands and may not want to place it in Tannehill's. IF no franchise QB is available that the franchise actually believes in, then they go elsewhere. Do you really think a rookie QB, who may not play any games this season anyway (like Jake Locker last year) is going to make a difference? I don't. I think that if Tannehill is there at # 8 and they like him, they take him. And if not, the media talking heads will still spin it any way they want anyway. The correct way to do anything in the NFL is not to listen to the fans.

If you draft Weedon it is with the mindset that he competes now for the starting job.

If Weeden was that good and that ready, he would be rated higher by the media "experts" than Tannehill.

The problem is that the media talking heads aren't the NFL talent evaluators, and they don't know any more than any of us know about where teams have players rated. They are also motivated by ratings and otherwise getting the public's attention, so they can push a 2nd round prospect up their draft boards with their hype because their jobs aren't on the line if the kid they claim is so great turns out to be Matt Leinart or Brady Quinn.

The thinking by these "experts" about Tannehill and Miami is simple. Miami doesn't have a franchise QB. Mike Sherman had Tannehill at Texas A&M. Tannehill looks good in shorts and tshirts. Ergo, Sherman must think Tannehill is the "real deal", so expect Miami to take him at #8, unless, of course, Mike Holmgren, having been thrwarted in trading up to grab Griffin, settles for Tannehill at #4. Just to be sure that that doesn't happen, Miami should trade with Minnesota to get the Vikes' #3 pick. PERFECT!

Of course, the "experts" have simply ignored the fact that Sherman didn't think Tannehill was even good enough to be a backup QB to Jerrod Johnson so he played WR for his two years, and that Sherman only made Tannehill the starter after Johnson got hurt in 2010, which was half way through the season. It was also Tannehill's poor play against quality opponents in 2011 that helped get Sherman fired.

I don't see Sherman going to bat for Tannehill at all. It's more likely to be just the opposite.

We're being set up here.

ireland does not have, nor ever has had, any intention of drafting a QB anywhere close to the 1st round.

he wants another acorn.

We are being set up to wind up with a low-round wannabe. ireland will pass on (let other teams nab) Tannehill and weeden. No cousins or osweiler either.

I know who it is, and others "in the know" also know too. It fits the league "agenda" to a "T".

2 predictions here, see if I am not right:

1. ireland's qb will be a 5th-7th rounder

2. The Eagles are NOT going to make any QB trade-up moves for Tannehill at all.

Let those that hear, understand.

And when it all goes down I will be DONE with not just the Dolphins, but the entire NFL as well.

I think he alluded to that at one point. ...or was it Ireland? They said something like "We didn't think he was that much better than what we already have on the roster"

In ANY case, we should be taking it with a grain of salt because what would people expect them to say once they lost out? "WOE IS ME! WAH WAH WAH" - No. They are going to say the politically correct thing to say to try and not lose any more revenue due to tickets not being sold.

I don't know why people think everything that comes out of Davie isn't mostly business politics but rather 100% fact because of course they know you personally and love you so much so why would they ever say something that's not 100% true.

I disagree with this.If he has a very good draft and doesnt take a QB next year theres alot of good QB's in that draft next year..It may be the deepest EVER and that includes Luck and RGIII coming out this year.

Agreed. I think we should build up our team now and then next year when we have less holes to fill, it is more feasible to give up more to move up to grab a guy NEXT year. And next year's prospects are pretty good

I think Ross is VERY re-active to the fan-base...so It is my opinion of what Ross's opinion is. I think Ireland is on a VERY short leash here...

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Ross liked Sparano too...remember?

Well, I disagree because if that were actually the case, don't you think that Fisher would be our coach right now ?? Ross desperately wanted a 'name brand' coach. Fisher represented that and Ross didn't give into his demands of personnel control....that tells me that Carl Peterson weighs heavily in Ross' decisions about coaching and GMs. Peterson is an old time GM who had total control of the organizations he worked for...He's obviously implanted into Ross' brain that same philosophy... I could be wrong, but I think Irish is starting over...clean slate...

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

We're being set up here.

ireland does not have, nor ever has had, any intention of drafting a QB anywhere close to the 1st round.

he wants another acorn.

We are being set up to wind up with a low-round wannabe. ireland will pass on (let other teams nab) Tannehill and weeden. No cousins or osweiler either.

I know who it is, and others "in the know" also know too. It fits the league "agenda" to a "T".

2 predictions here, see if I am not right:

1. ireland's qb will be a 5th-7th rounder

2. The Eagles are NOT going to make any QB trade-up moves for Tannehill at all.

Let those that hear, understand.

And when it all goes down I will be DONE with not just the Dolphins, but the entire NFL as well.

Too bad, 72...we'll miss you...LOL

I agree with TPD1479 who posted that Miami should forgo drafting a QB just to draft a QB this year. I believe Miami is fine this year with Moore. I would rather Miami goes balls to wall to aquire aquire Matt Barkley ( who appears to be an actual franchise QB) than to settle for an overated QB this year.

Ireland is toast if he does not come out of this draft with Tannehill or Weedon...no doubt! It will be an absolute PR meltdown in Davie! Thoughts??
I said no thanks because I dont want the fans forcing them to do anything...I do not want to waste a 1 or a 2 because the fans want it...

we are in rebuilding mode, so lets actually rebuild...we need to set up a team so that when we do find a qb that he is ready to go...

that being said i am all for burning the offices down if they pick an olineman with the 8th...

Back
Top Bottom