Is it time to go get a Center? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it time to go get a Center?

I think good coaching can make some of these bums better, but let's face it, McD and Grier did not do enough to solidify the OL line. It is so hard to believe that no Dolphins HC outside of Shula can build an OL. Sadly, it is still the weak link on the team in terms of starters and depth...it's unacceptable!

I think good coaching can make some of these bums better, but let's face it, McD and Grier did not do enough to solidify the OL line. It is so hard to believe that no Dolphins HC outside of Shula can build an OL. Sadly, it is still the weak link on the team in terms of starters and depth...it's unacceptable!
It's not a weak link until games matter. Let's see how it plays out with new coaching.

If McD isn't pleased with the progress I guarantee he and Grier will fix it.

I'm sure on final cut day that of the staff is overly concerned we'll see someone that we can sign. There are always a few surprises that day.

I'm sure on final cut day that of the staff is overly concerned we'll see someone that we can sign. There are always a few surprises that day.
Yeah.......

While that is possible, how comfortable would you be with a starting center that had virtually no practice time with the Oline, in a zone/ wide zone system that is already tweaked in?

That sounds like a last resort catastrophe scenario waiting to happen to me.

I cant see Grier and McDaniel make the previous mistakes that have plagued this team with how inportant the offensive line is, especially in this scheme. That being said , while I'm concerned I don't think you hit the panic button yet. Its not an easy scheme for the offensive line , especially from the center position. If he goes into next 2 weeks not showing progress, I think you might need to make a decision.

We will see.
Talk is cheap - LOL

It's not a weak link until games matter. Let's see how it plays out with new coaching.

If McD isn't pleased with the progress I guarantee he and Grier will fix it.
I do think McDaniel came in with the understanding to try to coach up the Grier picks .. but after this year if he doesn’t see these guys improving I could definitely see him going to Grier and trying to correct for next season.

Ala what the Bengals did for their QB

Those constant reports of high snaps is concerning. But I think the Dolphins are more concerned with having a smart center that can make all the right calls.
Yeah I'm having flashbacks to snaps over Tannehill's head years ago lol

But really though, hopefully its something that can be ironed out. He and Tua stayed after practice working on it, and Tua coaching him up too. I think itll get better

Yeah.......

While that is possible, how comfortable would you be with a starting center that had virtually no practice time with the Oline, in a zone/ wide zone system that is already tweaked in?

That sounds like a last resort catastrophe scenario waiting to happen to me.
Definitely not as a starter. That would be like signing Cutler on a Tuesday and starting him on Sunday. 😀

I do think McDaniel came in under the understanding to try to coach up the Grier picks .. but after this year if he doesn’t see these guys improving I could definitely see him going to Grier and trying to correct for next season.

Ala what the Bengals did for their QB
Have to figure we bring in some fresh young blood next year regardless. Armstead isnt a great long term option imo. Want to have a successor getting ready to go

Yeah I'm having flashbacks to snaps over Tannehill's head years ago lol

But really though, hopefully its something that can be ironed out. He and Tua stayed after practice working on it, and Tua coaching him up too. I think itll get better

Absolutely! But you can tell it’s likely going to rate it’s head during the regular season.

I can see it now. Our back are against the goalLine. High snap…safety!

Absolutely! But you can tell it’s likely going to rate it’s head during the regular season.

I can see it now. Our back are against the goalLine. High snap…safety!
We are literally conditioned. I think we have be ruined from all these years.

Back
Top Bottom