Is Ja’Marr chase worth pick number 1? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Ja’Marr chase worth pick number 1?

Agree. Grier has not yet filled the roster with blue chippers yet so that he can trade picks to move up and get that one guy he really wants. There are other standouts in this draft, and we need like 2 ILBs, and multiple receivers, and so on, we need blue chippers at many of the 53-roster spots.

Right now I’m parsons or chase top pick. I’m with some others in that I think devonta smith is a good consolation prize.

they need to add a wr piece but they need to upgrade the tight end position and rb too. Do all 3

Waddle is probably better, smith is a middle first rounder idk why he’s in this discussion

Right now I’m parsons or chase top pick. I’m with some others in that I think devonta smith is a good consolation prize.

they need to add a wr piece but they need to upgrade the tight end position and rb too. Do all 3

We're not gonna be high enough for either. Houston will win 5 or 6.

Pitts is the guy at TE.

We're not gonna be high enough for either. Houston will win 5 or 6.

Pitts is the guy at TE.

i think you got a shot at chase if he runs what I expect low 4.5s. Top 12 shot

as for pitts I’m gonna pass on anymore less than ideal frame tight ends. Give me freirmuth who I can get a lot later cause of his timed speed.

but really if you get the wr piece and he’s starting caliber you can probably wait on tight end. I’m just saying do both. Gesicki isn’t good enough. End this charade

i think you got a shot at chase if he runs what I expect low 4.5s. Top 12 shot

as for pitts I’m gonna pass on anymore less than ideal frame tight ends. Give me freirmuth who I can get a lot later cause of his timed speed.

but really if you get the wr piece and he’s starting caliber you can probably wait on tight end. I’m just saying do both. Gesicki isn’t good enough. End this charade

Man Chase plays faster than 4.5. He burned AJ Terrell constantly. I know his elite quickness and all those moves he has in his locker played a part in that, but still.... Terrell ran 4.42.

Nothing wrong with having an athletic tight end, and I don't think Gesicki should scare us off going for the next one. Gesicki's problem is he's just too damn soft. 0 broken tackles on 51 receptions in 2019. Lol.

Man Chase plays faster than 4.5. He burned AJ Terrell constantly. I know his elite quickness and all those moves he has in his locker played a part in that, but still.... Terrell ran 4.42.

Nothing wrong with having an athletic tight end, and I don't think Gesicki should scare of us going for the next one. Gesicki's problem is he's just too damn soft. 0 broken tackles on 51 receptions in 2019. Lol.

I think his short area quicks are better than his timed speed. Maybe late 4.4s to low 4.5s I’d say

If he runs low 4.4s yeah that hurts your chances

Well, that win by houston probably means Chase will be gone by the time we pick. I really like Chase but for us I like DeVonta Smith better so that we can have the "Devonta & Devante" show in Miami.
Houston is going to beat the crappy Lions on Thursday so that pick will continue to slide.

They are going to be 6-10 at the worst so the pick will likely be around 10.

Houston is going to beat the crappy Lions on Thursday so that pick will continue to slide.

They are going to be 6-10 at the worst so the pick will likely be around 10.
I'm hoping their loss Sunday will motivate them, coupled with Houston traveling on a short week, and they win. Most Thanksgivings, the Detroit game is on my TV, but I barely even watch it. At least I'll have a reason to watch.

Nothing wrong with having an athletic tight end, and I don't think Gesicki should scare us off going for the next one. Gesicki's problem is he's just too damn soft. 0 broken tackles on 51 receptions in 2019. Lol.
I had a different reaction to the tape. After seeing the scorecard, I figured Terrell couldn't stay with him, but he just always lost at the catch point or during the final stretch - like when Chase was more physical and broke away on the deep ball.

I think his route running and separation are good enough, but I don't see them as strengths. He reminds me of both Dez Bryan and DJ Moore, and he's about between them in size, but I think he has a little Nuke Hopkins, so I do love the player. I just don't think he's perfect.

I had a different reaction to the tape. After seeing the scorecard, I figured Terrell couldn't stay with him, but he just always lost at the catch point or during the final stretch - like when Chase was more physical and broke away on the deep ball.

I think his route running and separation are good enough, but I don't see them as strengths. He reminds me of both Dez Bryan and DJ Moore, and he's about between them in size, but I think he has a little Nuke Hopkins, so I do love the player. I just don't think he's perfect.

Which is fair enough. I posted my breakdown of that National Championship game with time stamps in the 347 thread if you're interested. What I saw was Chase beating him off the line like he wasn't there and running right by him.

Between the pick falling out of the top 5 and depending on how predraft plays out with his injury, I'm warming up a lot more to Jaylen Waddle, especially given Pachy's swooning. That skillset and 4.37 has me swooning, too.

As Houston picks are going down, I reset phins 1st round picks from Parson/Waddle or Smith to Waddle/Humphrese.

A thought came to me today about the draft. I think most assume that either pick 1a or pick 1b will be a wide receiver. I would think so as well. But I wonder if Tua will be partly involved in the decision making? That was apparently the case with Peyton Manning going way back. In fact, I think Chad Henne worked out a few wide receivers prior to the draft for Miami when Sparano and Parcells were in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom