Is Jay worth 3.7? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Jay worth 3.7?

Worth it?

• yes

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • no

Votes: 53 85.5%

• Total voters
hopefully we'll land Rivers or someone to be the 3rd stringer and then groom then next year to take over after that....

i would like very much to land rivers rather see griese restructure and get rid of jay:cool:

Griese will only outperform Jay if given more then 5 seconds to throw...

agree to some extent but griese wont miss recievers wide open as much asjay has:cool:

my only point being that Griese may be the better passer as a whole, but is not a better QB as a whole. He's not as mobile, aware, or as quick to throw when he has too. I likened it (in another thread, sorry for the analogy) as he is a pilot that can land a plane smoother then Jay but wouldn't have the foggiest clue what to do in bad weather, if an engine caught on fire or the cabin depressurized. Me, I'd take the pilot that may be a bit shakier but on a whole could keep me alive. That's just my opinion though.

how did fiedler perform in foxboro he had his chance lets move on griese will not be resigned besides i'm almost 50 remember his father very well still have some loyalty bring on rivers and feely with no jay thats fine with me please no more jay:cool:

I dont understand the loyalty to jay do ya think this is all wanne or spielman feels this way too?:cool:

I wouldn't classify it so much as 'loyalty' as in that some of us just LOVE fiedler to death, cuz we all know his position needs to be upgraded. The only thing I'm tired of is people screaming to cut off his head, when I haven't had one person show me how he lost more games then our over-rated and over-paid defense has (which took up 2/3 of our cap....what is it someone's tage line was....35 mill for Defense.....15 mill for offense....you get what you pay for). Well, I expect that where my money is going to produce and be consistent rather then when the Defense isn't....blaming the underpaid, undertalented offense (which is consistently average or below avg. like last year).

Is he the best, hell no, would I like to see his position upgraded....hell yes....but is he the 'cancer' that has been killing us, the person who to rest all our failures and losses on, the one who so many vehmently hate and deserves all the ridicule from all us fans (when he has the respect of his teammates and coaches)? I don't think so, so I kind of stick up for him a bit here and meanwhile hope that we actually get someone who is better then him while maybe pointing out to those who blindly see (to a degree) Fiedler as the anti-christ of the dolphins....that he isn't and we have many problems that can be fixed to get us over the edge and that getting a $10-$15mill/year QB may not be the best solution considering that would require many more cuts on our Defense.

Some day you guys will realize Jay is a good qb, not a great one, but a good servicable qb who can and has led this team well at times. Last year should prove how good he was behind the OL he had, no other qb could have survive behind it, and he found ways to when behind it. Some of you need to take your heads out of the gutter and realize you have more than you have missing. Without Jay the phins could have been in worst shape the last couple of years, every time he wasn't in there, we suffered. PERIOD...some of you can hide your heads and pretend not to have seen that, but every time a another qb was in there, we won 1/4 of the time compared to Jay's 3/4 of the time. there's a reason for that, leadership, some times it goes a long way.

The entire process comes down to is cutting Fiedler good for the team or good for the fans/ticket sales? Every NFL team needs a #2 QB. If there isn't a better option available (not Griese in my opinion) then keep Fiedler.
Besides, Feeley is a gamble and having Fiedler would help Miami cover their losses if AJ's a bust.

Originally posted by Eshlemon
Exactly...I'll always wonder how much better Griese would have been if he'd had a full camp...at least Feeley will have that. And with Feeley and Fiedler having about the same option and dead money next year (all guesswork on my part), only one will be back in 2005.
If Feeley, we've got our QB of the future. If Fiedler we'll go thru the same QB mess next offseason.

I think and am afraid that Feeley will not get a legit, honest shot at it since Fiedler apparently will be back and wannstedt still the HC.

Originally posted by jbond
I wouldn't classify it so much as 'loyalty' as in that some of us just LOVE fiedler to death, cuz we all know his position needs to be upgraded. The only thing I'm tired of is people screaming to cut off his head, when I haven't had one person show me how he lost more games then our over-rated and over-paid defense has (which took up 2/3 of our cap....what is it someone's tage line was....35 mill for Defense.....15 mill for offense....you get what you pay for). Well, I expect that where my money is going to produce and be consistent rather then when the Defense isn't....blaming the underpaid, undertalented offense (which is consistently average or below avg. like last year).

Is he the best, hell no, would I like to see his position upgraded....hell yes....but is he the 'cancer' that has been killing us, the person who to rest all our failures and losses on, the one who so many vehmently hate and deserves all the ridicule from all us fans (when he has the respect of his teammates and coaches)? I don't think so, so I kind of stick up for him a bit here and meanwhile hope that we actually get someone who is better then him while maybe pointing out to those who blindly see (to a degree) Fiedler as the anti-christ of the dolphins....that he isn't and we have many problems that can be fixed to get us over the edge and that getting a $10-$15mill/year QB may not be the best solution considering that would require many more cuts on our Defense.

IMO, it's pretty simple. jay is not the kind of player that makes things happen. Ain't ever and won't ever. However, what he is is just an efficient caretaker that is pretty much a run of the mill guy that are basically a dime per dozen when they're available. With that said, he was worth keeping at a cheaper salary. Now the big $$ are kicking in, he is rather expendable. We were going to cut him, now we're not. We were going to demand a cut, now we're not. You think Wanny is still calling the shots??
But the pro Fiedler rant is and always has been about his W-L record when in fact, it is the team's record. But i do agree that while Fiedler wasn't [individually] responsible for that many losses, he wasn't responsible for all those wins that everyone seems to want to give him credit for. Bottom line is that our QB problem lies right with Wannstedt. It was pretty much coomon knowledge that when Fiedler was signed, it was to be as a stop gap caretaker til we found our guy for the future. Problem with that is, it was not followed up on. if that had been addressed, he would have played out his 2 yr deal and either re-signed as a backup or hit the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom