Is Miami done Trading? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Miami done Trading?

Today was well calculated. They secured the 6th pick and will be more than likely picking the same player they were going to pick at 3. While saving money and accumulating more draft capital. They are in a prime position to either take their guy at 6 or make a one sided trade in their favor for a later pick. I don't see them moving out of the top 10 though.

Would love to see them get another 2nd or 3rd this year or at least aquire a 4th to replace the one they traded to the Eagles. Maybe trade down from 6 to 8 or from 18 to the mid 20s.

Would love to see them get another 2nd or 3rd this year or at least aquire a 4th to replace the one they traded to the Eagles. Maybe trade down from 6 to 8 or from 18 to the mid 20s.

I think those picks are absolutely luxury at this point because you are not going to surrender a Pitts or a Chase just to draft a Smith.

We could conceivably get a Waddle though... but you canā€™t get too cute

I think those picks are absolutely luxury at this point because you are not going to surrender a Pitts or a Chase just to draft a Smith.

We could conceivably get a Waddle though... but you canā€™t get too cute
I guess it all depends or who they are targeting and who is still available at 6 when it time to pick.

I'm leaning towards, "Yes, we are done trading. At least with regard to our first pick."

I can't see a reason to make the Philly trade unless you are committed to making a pick @6. It would be nonsensical to move down, then up... then down again if your goal was just to maximize picks. That trade from 12 to 6 was expensive (and I personally, would not have made it), so... the numbers say they make that pick unless Carolina (8), or Denver (9) panics and makes a stupid level offer... and if they'd been willing to do that, today would not have happened.

Now, that pick @18, and all subsequent picks... those are still in question.
I agree... Really not wild about all that maneuvering with really so little in immediate terms...

I don't give a fock about some R1 2 years down the line. That's R3 value in '21.

An X trade is a possibility if negotiations turn sour, but I think they see themselves as a good team or at least one that is close. I don't want this thread to turn into a bunch of negative nancys talking about why we aren't close. This isn't about your opinion on that. It's about what the team thinks and it's pretty clear they see themselves as close. That's why I see RB as a possibility in the first (at 18) and why I think they will do their best to avoid trading away X. Outside of the lower possibility of trading X, I think they are done trading prior to the draft. (Obviously, they might pick up some lower level player, but I mean done with any big trades).

However, on draft day I expect that they may well still trade down. They traded up to 6 with somebody (or somebodies) in mind. If the draft breaks in a way that one of those targets can be had later, I'm sure they'll be looking to trade down.

I agree... Really not wild about all that maneuvering with really so little in immediate terms...

I don't give a fock about some R1 2 years down the line. That's R3 value in '21.
I'm going to disagree with you there...

I love getting future picks. One, they extend your run and Two, as Houston proved, sometimes these picks end up being higher than you'd think.

But my third reason has more to do with being the Dolphins and having Tua as your QB. We are going to give him the next two years to get it figured out. If he busts (or gets injured again), 2023 is about the time that we'd be shopping for his replacement.

When it comes to 'game theory', I'm always an investor...

I know once you own the picks you have to treat them responsibly.

But, in the back of my head I'm thinking, this is all house money I'm playing with.

It's good to be the king.

Back
Top Bottom