Is Miami done Trading? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Miami done Trading?

I think for today!

Seriously, I could see Miami making some draft day trades to recoup some of those mid-round picks. Maybe a slight trade down from #18.

I think it's unlikely that the Dolphins trade pick #6. I suppose Carolina or Denver could panic and move up if they like Lance or Jones, but Atlanta might be in the cats seat for that move.

I think it's Smith or Chase at #6.
Carolina/Denver would have to give us the equivalent of what we gave up though. If they were to offer that amount... (an extra #1 and some sweeteners), then maybe, but the Dolphins certainly wouldn't take less.

Keep
I've had this feeling they'd be players, ever since Miami somehow and miraculously got pick #3 from Houston.

Grier on several occasions in the past, has made statements about accumulating draft capital, to keep Miami's options open by having flexibility.

I mentioned in another thread earlier in the week, I thought Miami would trade at least one of their 1st round picks, just didn't know which one. I also still feel there is a strong possibility they'll make another trade or two, perhaps involving pick #6 to move to pick #8 or #9, if Carolina or Denver truly covert Mac Jones.

But in all honesty, I believe pick #18 is the one that'll most likely be traded in another trade down opportunity.

Grier has had multiple opportunities since the Wilkins selection to trade down. But He's held back until now.

There is always a possibility he could trade his most tradable asset in Howard for a couple of picks. Especially if Howard plays hard ball with Miami in an attempt to renegotiate his contract.

#LGFD
#LGCG
Keep Howard and trade Jones, Howard is a Pro Bowler and Jones is over rated and over paid.

If whoever they want is there at 6, probably not.

If whoever it is goes before 6, probably.

If a top top prospect falls out of the top 10, we might trade up from 18.
I feel there will be a draft day trade. Lets assume top 3 are all qb which is highly likely. Lets also assume Sewell will be either 4 or 5, which also highly likely.
If Flo put equal weight in Smith, Chase, Waddle and Pitts. Thats means only one of the four will be gone before 6. What that also means is they can trade down a couple spots and can still take one of the four.

I see another trade down is entirely possible. But would not outside of 8.

I feel there will be a draft day trade. Lets assume top 3 are all qb which is highly likely. Lets also assume Sewell will be either 4 or 5, which also highly likely.
If Flo put equal weight in Smith, Chase, Waddle and Pitts. Thats means only one of the four will be gone before 6. What that also means is they can trade down a couple spots and can still take one of the four.

It might depend on whether there was a surprise pick, as well.

If someone surprises... and takes a Caleb Farley or a fifth QB or one of the DEs, then all of our board slides down another notch or two. If our 4th choice receiver were to go... we'd be more willing to slide down. I still doubt that it happens, but there is a possibility.

I feel the same.

But, if the team felt relatively the same about Smith, Waddle, Chase and Pitts, I think we would have stayed at 12 and took our chances one or more would be there.

One player in that group (or more) are not who we want with our first pick.

I can see us trading Howard for 3rd this year and 1st next.

did we pick up an R3 in '21 ????

Other than dropping from 3 to 6 --- did we gain value picks in '21????

I can't find it if so.

Also seem we actually lost some ground in the middle rounds with the Phila trade.

Again -------- am I missing something?

Anyone have an updated list of our '21 picks?

Nope. You're off on this one and also inconsistent with what you've stated in the past -- specifically not sold on Tua.

We could have done better with that #3 and I think we will regret not using it (for immediate impact one way or another).

We're NOT going to be in that #3 slot again for quite a while...
Does it matter if we pick the exact same player at 6 that we would have picked at 3, and just got the extra picks for sh!tz n gigglez?

effing vomit IMO!

So after the two deals, it boils down to this for the Dolphins: They moved down from third to sixth in the first round of the 2021 draft and gave up a fourth-round pick in exchange for a 2021 fifth-round selection, a 2022 third-round pick and a 2023 first-round selection.

we focked ourselves in 21!

Brilliant!

I can see us trading Howard for 3rd this year and 1st next.
Why would you want to trade a guy who had ten picks last year and in his prime? Pay the man and keep him around another four or five years. Stop the insanity already!

Does it matter if we pick the exact same player at 6 that we would have picked at 3, and just got the extra picks for sh!tz n gigglez?
That's impossible to know for sure. And beyond that we actually LOST ground in '21.

That's a LOSER IMO.

WE need players NOW not in 2 or 3 years.

And don't lose sight of the fact an R1 2 years down the line is essentially the same VALUE as an R3 in '21.

You think that's good value???

I don't.

We needed to add an R2 in '21 and instead we lost ground!

WTF!

Back
Top Bottom