Is Miami done Trading? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Miami done Trading?

After today's exciting moves, do you think Miami is done making trades? Let's debate!!!
Nope. I think they will own, at one point or another, every single pick between 2 and 27 by the time draft day rolls around.
And then they’ll use the pick they end up on to replace Ferguson.
Buckle up. It’s going to be a bumpy ride. 😁

I think its conceivable Miami could get an additional 2nd or 3rd round pick in 2021 and potentially another late pick in 2022 by trading down from 18. There is also potential to gain another 1st rounder in 2022 dependant on how far they trade down from #18?

I saw listening to a PFF draft show tonight and they had the following;

1 Jags - Lawrence
2 Jets - Wilson
3 Niners - Fields
4 Panthers - Jones
5 Bengals - Chase
6 Dolphins - Smith

The thought processing on both Chase and Smith was getting young QB's not only weapons but weapons they know already. They claimed for Miami that Fuller, Parker, Smith, and Gesicki would be one of if not the best group of 4 targets for any team in the NFL.

One of the guys said he talk to many CB's that are in the NFL now and many that are in the draft that have gone against Smith and not one of them brought up his size. I'm still not a fan of Smith in the top 10, or any receiver in this draft outside of Pitts. I just honestly have no clue what Miami will do.

If it happens like this (seems very much possible), then someone may very well want to come up for Lance. I don't think Miami is trading the #6 pick prior to draft day, but if it falls this way and someone wants to come get Lance I see them making a trade.

I'm going to disagree with you there...

I love getting future picks. One, they extend your run and Two, as Houston proved, sometimes these picks end up being higher than you'd think.

But my third reason has more to do with being the Dolphins and having Tua as your QB. We are going to give him the next two years to get it figured out. If he busts (or gets injured again), 2023 is about the time that we'd be shopping for his replacement.

When it comes to 'game theory', I'm always an investor...
Nope. You're off on this one and also inconsistent with what you've stated in the past -- specifically not sold on Tua.

We could have done better with that #3 and I think we will regret not using it (for immediate impact one way or another).

We're NOT going to be in that #3 slot again for quite a while...

Nope. You're off on this one and also inconsistent with what you've stated in the past -- specifically not sold on Tua.

We could have done better with that #3 and I think we will regret not using it (for immediate impact one way or another).

We're NOT going to be in that #3 slot again for quite a while...
I'm a little confused about what you are suggesting about being inconsistent here.

On Tua: I didn't want to draft him, but have always said that we need to give him three years to see what we've got.
On trading: I've wanted to trade down for future picks since day one. I've never wanted to spend that pick on a single player.

I wish we would have stayed at 12 and taken ALL of the picks that we got from 'frisco, rather than trade back up for a receiver that I think has become over-valued... so there's that.

I think for today!

Seriously, I could see Miami making some draft day trades to recoup some of those mid-round picks. Maybe a slight trade down from #18.

I think it's unlikely that the Dolphins trade pick #6. I suppose Carolina or Denver could panic and move up if they like Lance or Jones, but Atlanta might be in the cats seat for that move.

I think it's Smith or Chase at #6.

I think for today!

Seriously, I could see Miami making some draft day trades to recoup some of those mid-round picks. Maybe a slight trade down from #18.

I think it's unlikely that the Dolphins trade pick #6. I suppose Carolina or Denver could panic and move up if they like Lance or Jones, but Atlanta might be in the cats seat for that move.

I think it's Smith or Chase at #6.
Yep..I agree..I do believe fins have plan . Can't wait to see it. Hopefully we are building team that will be sustainable for future

Back
Top Bottom