Is Minkah Fitzpatrick A Future Hofer Or Jason Allen 2.0? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Minkah Fitzpatrick A Future Hofer Or Jason Allen 2.0?

Fitzpatrick has Jason Allen's Athletic ability, but is a much better player. in Allen's defense I will say this; the coaches tried to convert him to CB instead of keeping him at Safety where he belonged which completely messed him up.

How about we let the guy play before cut him down or put him on a pedestal?

It's the same as the Tannehill, Jordan, Charles Harris even James picks, everyone seems to get super excited before they've even suited up, invariably we've been disappointed, you would think most would have learned to just wait and see before speculating where on the ring of honour his name will be placed.

giphy_rb.gif

It's the same as the Tannehill, Jordan, Charles Harris even James picks, everyone seems to get super excited before they've even suited up, invariably we've been disappointed, you would think most would have learned to just wait and see before speculating where on the ring of honour his name will be placed.

From now on...I suggest a moratorium on happiness, and that we need to ask your permission to start any optimistic threads.

Get the **** out of here with this nonsense.

I hate when people compare players just because they're both versatile enough to play the same two positions.

How do Fitzpatrick and Allen compare on the football field? Still waiting for someone to explain. There is absolutely nothing similar about how they play at all. They're two completely different players. Their talent levels aren't even comparable coming out of college.

I mean, I guess you can just go ahead and throw Walt Aikens in there as a comparison too. He has played CB and S as well.

Well Tannehill’s already been put into the Hall of Fame by some fans and lots of people voted that he’s going to win multiple Super Bowls on a Finheaven poll. So maybe the OP is giving Fitzpatrick the same benefit of the doubt.

But seriously, the answer is probably neither. He won’t be the total bust Allen was, and you can be one of the best players in the draft and not make the Hall, so I’m certainly not going to predict that the day after the guy is drafted.

So every hybrid S/CB will forever be compared to a guy from 12 years ago? Got it.

My answer = no.

• The Dolphins drafted a player in the middle of the first round.
  • He was highly prized by head coach Nick Saban based on personal experience.
  • He is a combination Cornerback and Safety, but is expected to play safety in the NFL.
  • From the SEC.
  • He's 6'1", 200 pounds.
I'm not talking about Minkah Fitzpatrick, though. I'm talking about Jason Allen, in the 2006 draft.

Will Minkah be more like him, or he will he be a future Hall of Famer, with 10+ Pro Bowls, multiple Defensive MVPs and Defensive Rookie of the Year honors?

Obviously, if he's the latter (the equivalent of Ed Reed or Ronnie Lott), then the Dolphins made the correct pick. If he's short of that, then I will be wishing that we picked a player at a more impactful position.

Thoughts?

Likely somewhere in vast middle ground between Allen and the Hall-of-Fame.

Brilliant pick, Chris Grier is my homeboy now. Glad he's not dumb like me and didn't take the project in Edmunds, Fitz is a much safer pick with just about as much upside.

Minkah Blinks a LOT. Could be a serious concern when trying to locate balls. Huge concern IMO.

People here should be wise to moderate their expectations concerning rookies. While I have zero issues with the pick, and hope for a player in the mold of Brock Marion. I'm not gonna sit here and play Ms Cleo.

B9317277310Z.1_20150522182555_000_GMFASC18G.1-0.jpg Miss-Cleo.png

People here should be wise to moderate their expectations concerning rookies. While I have zero issues with the pick, and hope for a player in the mold of Brock Marion. I'm not gonna sit here and play Ms Cleo.

View attachment 12082 View attachment 12083

I'm hoping he's a Brock Marion type of player...we haven't had a FS that good since the days of Marion, save for a few phantom sightings of Louis Delmas here and there.

I'm hoping he's a Brock Marion type of player...we haven't had a FS that good since the days of Marion, save for a few phantom sightings of Louis Delmas here and there.

If you look at his work while in Miami, he setup players to succeed by his versatility. I loved his pedigree coming from DAL, his skillset and his results.

We can only hope. But I won't crap on the young man nor deem him some 2nd coming of a generational great. Let's get through camp healthy first.

Back
Top Bottom