Is playing Phillips at LB a huge mistake? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is playing Phillips at LB a huge mistake?

What do you mean by 'we'?
Some here do. Flo doesn't. We don't count. So your statement doesn't count.
Well, to be fair, your statements don't "count" for anything either, nor do mine or anyone else's here.

With that in mind, do you really think that was an intelligent statement?

You're welcome brother.......

I wouldn't worry about Phillips. He's going to get his bell rung once and decide, yet again, that football isn't for him. He'll quit on this team like he quit once before. Wasted pick.
You do realize he didn’t QUIT the first time. He was not allowed to play at UCLA anymore because of a university rule which prohibited players from continuing to play football after suffering a certain number of concussions. So instead of calling him a quitter, which he wasn’t. Perhaps you should learn the truth before posting lies.

No doubt, I'm with you... :UP:
I'm sure you saw him at the U. He definitely has a knack for knifing in behind pulling linemen beating the back to a spot.

Kind of risky behavior when it comes to edge contain, but when it works, it's a beautiful thing.

If he starts doing it on a regular basis, OCs will have to pay him extra attention, freeing up others to make plays. Win-Win.

Not sure one position is much higher risk for concussions then the other? And I’m sure they will set him up for success. Moving him around is a great way to both keep the offense off balance and also figure out where he’s most effective in the NFL?
Hard to account for and defend against him if he's being moved around all over the formation. I think that is how he is going to be used. I can see a lot of QB's audibling away from him. A nightmare scenario for O coordinators...

No... because this is mostly a labeling thing.

Phillips is here to rush the passer. Whether he does this as a stand up end, or a hand down end... he's still doing the same job.

In the Miami scheme... the interior two are generally tackles, and there are two edges which can alternate where they line up... up or down. Call it and end or call it a linebacker... it's the same position.
I have become completely confused on position job description, size requirements, athletic needs, etc.

Well, to be fair, your statements don't "count" for anything either, nor do mine or anyone else's here.

With that in mind, do you really think that was an intelligent statement?

You're welcome brother.......
It is. Quite so.

Take a second to follow the logic if you can. I know its hard, please try.

He stated that its a bad picks if 'we' have to concern about the concussion.

We, as in him and a few here. Flo took him on first round, thus Flo does not have concern. He has his medical team to check him out inside and out, and he has much better contact with UM than we do. So no matter how due diligence the team took, some here 'we' still like to grasp onto the concussion issue. Therefore regardless what steps the team took, they throw it all out and still use the concussion issue to label JP as a bad pick.

Logic is a bitch, ain't it?

I'm sure you saw him at the U. He definitely has a knack for knifing in behind pulling linemen beating the back to a spot.

Kind of risky behavior when it comes to edge contain, but when it works, it's a beautiful thing.

If he starts doing it on a regular basis, OCs will have to pay him extra attention, freeing up others to make plays. Win-Win.
He seems to read that quickly and has great timing when it comes to that and even if he doesn't make the tackle he certainly disrupts the play in the backfield. Also, I like the fact he's relentless in his pursuit often making tackles downfield from the backside pursuit. We could see some forced fumbles this way, Jason Taylor had a knack for doing that. As long as he holds contain till the play is committed forward he should be fine and I think we'll see more of that here as he did it successfully in Miami...

It is. Quite so.

Take a second to follow the logic if you can. I know its hard, please try.

He stated that its a bad picks if 'we' have to concern about the concussion.

We, as in him and a few here. Flo took him on first round, thus Flo does not have concern. He has his medical team to check him out inside and out, and he has much better contact with UM than we do. So no matter how due diligence the team took, some here 'we' still like to grasp onto the concussion issue. Therefore regardless what steps the team took, they throw it all out and still use the concussion issue to label JP as a bad pick.

Logic is a bitch, ain't it?
WTF are you even talking about? Are you just looking to start an argument? Just curious...

I still want to know how the NFL will determine if a player is a defensive lineman or a linebacker in regards to the number changes. A LB can wear #15, a LDE technically can’t.
Maybe the positional listing was merely semantical so he could wear his 15. If he's listed as an LB he still can line up with his hand in the dirt. Sounds trivial but could be the case.

It's going to seem odd at first #15 rushing a QB from the edge with his hand in the dirt. It's like putting peanut butter on a dill pickle...

Back
Top Bottom