Is Saban going after this guy??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Saban going after this guy???

FinNasty

"The Sticker Dunk"
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
7,235
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Laron Landry - Saftey - LSU

He is ranked as the #1 saftey in college football right now and ranked as a first round pick next year. Apparently he is awesome and Saban coached him last year. Do you think that Saban is gunna try hard to draft this guy next year considering:

- He could come in and have a less of a learning curve (a la Travis Daniels)
- We have a desperate NEED at Saftey
- Saban knows exactly what he is getting by knowing exactly what Landry is capeable of

Nasty

P.S. - I know the 2006 Draft is really far away... but I am really bored at work, plus... its better than a Ricky Thread...:lol:
 

Mike13

I am a golden god
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
23,220
Reaction score
196
Age
33
Location
Miami, FL
Nasty said:
Laron Landry - Saftey - LSU

He is ranked as the #1 saftey in college football right now and ranked as a first round pick next year. Apparently he is awesome and Saban coached him last year. Do you think that Saban is gunna try hard to draft this guy next year considering:

- He could come in and have a less of a learning curve (a la Travis Daniels)
- We have a desperate NEED at Saftey
- Saban knows exactly what he is getting by knowing exactly what Landry is capeable of

Nasty

P.S. - I know the 2006 Draft is really far away... but I am really bored at work, plus... its better than a Ricky Thread...:lol:

Keep in mind we have other needs like LT and QB assuming those dont become major needs then we could get him, But I doubt it.
 

CitizenSnips

Ready for Henne.
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
6,921
Reaction score
1
Age
33
He'll have to be the best player available when we pick. Hes not gonna go after him though.
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,301
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
There isn't a doubt in my mind that we will draft an LSU player next year. But i don't really want to spend our 1st rounder on a FS, i would perfer to spend it on a DT or QB.
 

popularwar

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Dec 28, 2004
Messages
3,938
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Location
Coral Springs, Florida
If we have an early pick, I can't see us going for him. We'd probably go for a QB with an early pick. However, if we have a pick in the teens, he might be the logical choice. Maybe he has a bad senior year and we end up with a steal in the later rounds.
 

FinNasty

"The Sticker Dunk"
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
7,235
Reaction score
0
Age
37
I didnt mean to use our first rounder on him... but if he drops to the 2nd round... I see Saban lockin on to this guy... thoughts?

Nasty
 

CitizenSnips

Ready for Henne.
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
6,921
Reaction score
1
Age
33
Well Safety is an odd position for the draft. I think Earnest Shazor was considered to be a late first, early second rounder. Then he ended up not even getting drafted. At this point, its hard to say where this guy will be.
 

JTaylor99

Active Roster
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
684
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Location
West Palm Beach
Saban4prez said:
Well Safety is an odd position for the draft. I think Earnest Shazor was considered to be a late first, early second rounder. Then he ended up not even getting drafted. At this point, its hard to say where this guy will be.


That's because he had a bad combine and ran a slow 40. But if we have an early pick I think we may be able to get Landry in the second round unless he has a great year, which he probably will.
 

FinNasty

"The Sticker Dunk"
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
7,235
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Does anyone know much about Landry? Maybe a scouting report or some mesurables or something? I know there are a few LSU people on this board that have watched him play...

Nasty
 

JTaylor99

Active Roster
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
684
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Location
West Palm Beach
Nasty said:
Does anyone know much about Landry? Maybe a scouting report or some mesurables or something? I know there are a few LSU people on this board that have watched him play...

Nasty

I don't really know that much about him but I've seen him play a few times, and I know he has experience at FS, SS, and Corner. He's 6'2", 187 lbs.
 

T tes

Active Roster
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
633
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
We also have other needs but if he is as good as you say he is then I say its alright to go for him.
 

FinNasty

"The Sticker Dunk"
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
7,235
Reaction score
0
Age
37
JTaylor99 said:
Also he's a junior so he may not come out.

I think he was a junior last season and a senior this coming season... but I could be wrong...

Nasty
 

FinNasty

"The Sticker Dunk"
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
7,235
Reaction score
0
Age
37
So has anyone seen him play????
 
Top Bottom