Is Saban going after this guy??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Saban going after this guy???

TjHawk said:
Doesnt matter were picking Chad Greenway with our top pick next year so this discussion is pointless.

Not wit our first round pick... but what with our second rounder... It isnt imblausable for a saftey to drop during the draft. There is a chance we might be pickin around 10 next year might have a higher 2nd rounder... what do you think about that?

Nasty

Just curious what is Bernard Pollard ranked at safety this year, he plays for Purdue.

We're taking a DT next year with our #1 pick, assuming Feeley and Carey progress....

Traylor = one year quick fix
Chester = career in question, and may not be 100% anymore
Carter = good for only 2 more years AFTER 2005

So, no matter what, we need a young stud to infuse into our DT spot........ala Wilfork for NE. Whether we take Wright (USC) in the supplemental draft or not, we need another young DT stud....

I like how people belt out all these statements like "We're taking _____ next year" either a person or position.

You don't know who the heck we're taking next year, not what position, not even what side of the ball. Neither do the coaches. So sit back and enjoy the speculation, but don't be all like "We're taking so and so!" or "We're taking a (insert position here) end of story"

Nasty said:
I have thought about this before... but Madison cant tackle. I dont think he would be a good saftey... Rod Woodson could tackle...

Nasty

Up until last season I would have agreed with you. But, Sam really started hitting and tackling last season.

It's far too early to say if Saban will take him or what position he will take or what pick we will have or how any position or person will do this year. I mean at this time last year did you think we would have the 2nd overall pick and draft a RB? No cause Ricky didn't leave yet. So who knows what will happen. My guess however with the 1st round pick that we have depending on how everyone does and FA next year we will take either a DT or OT. At DT we have so much age and it's possible that we could lose 3 DT's (Zgonina, Chester and Traylor). Also with OT I believe that St. Clair and McDougle will both be FA's next year and if McIntosh or Carey don't step up we could be looking elsewhere.

His emergence as a Freshman was the reason LSU was able to move Daniels back to CB. Daniels was having to play FS due to their ineptitude at tht position in the beginning of the season.

He has a lot of the skills that the NFL looks for in a safety, but doesn't posess the over whelming skills of a Reed or Taylor to be taken high in the first.

He's a late teens guy based on what he's shown thus far.

Of course that's been a year and a half and he's only going to be a TRUE junior next season. Big time prospect to watch for if you need a safety.

If Daniels can step up this year, and Poole comes back healthy next year I think moving Madison to FS might not be a bad idea. He would definately be a ball hawk, but we would need a SS to basically be an extra man in the box, allowing Madison to play center field. Kind of a one deep zone.

There is no doubt in my mind that Saban will draft at least 1 LSU player next year. In fact, it will be LSU's best draftable class - Saban recruited them and coached them. LSU will have available several possible position-players that are needs of the Dolphins:

DT Kyle Williams - great motor, never stops
DT Claude Wrotten
LT Andrew Whitworth 6'7, 325 lb
S LaRon Landry (but I doubt he comes out early)
OL Rudy Niswanger 6'5, 295 lb (can play every OL position - even graded higher than Wilkerson at center after replacing Ben Wilkerson due to injury)

Mile High Fin said:
We're taking a DT next year with our #1 pick, assuming Feeley and Carey progress....

Traylor = one year quick fix
Chester = career in question, and may not be 100% anymore
Carter = good for only 2 more years AFTER 2005

So, no matter what, we need a young stud to infuse into our DT spot........ala Wilfork for NE. Whether we take Wright (USC) in the supplemental draft or not, we need another young DT stud....

I agree DT is a huge need, but if we pick early enough I think we will have to look at one the LTs that will be available. If there are no LT we like, or QBs Id say DT is our pick

Back
Top Bottom