Is Saban going after this guy??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Saban going after this guy???

I think he would be a great pick for us next year, especially if we have a high pick and he slips to the 2nd round. If he's there whenever we pick in the 2nd there's almost no doubt that Saban will pick him.

Maybe he'll slip up or something, be projected as a first rounder after this season and we can grab him in the 2nd. That's IF he's a good safety.

I would love to have him in the 2nd round regardless of what pick we have, but he could drop or even move up all depending on his combine and performance this year... and that's ASSUMING he enters the draft and doesn't choose to stay for another year. Unless we're in the 20's or maybe even 32nd ;) , I don't think we should go for Landry in the first round. Althought it's way too early to tell. We could end up getting Schulters, Tillman could come back healthy and perform great, Bell could step up, we don't know where we'll be drafting. Definitely way too early to even think about where to get him, but he should definitely be on our list and I'm sure he's on Saban's.

PatsSuck456 said:
Keep in mind we have other needs like LT and QB assuming those dont become major needs then we could get him, But I doubt it.
I don't feel that we need a LT, Carey plays LT and is looking very good

Laron has all the skills. Good speed (don't know exact 40 time), tough, good hitter, moves well in space, and has good ball skills. A quiet guy. Was a QB and DB in high school. He almost went to Miami but decided to stay in state. I believe his dad, or maybe it was his uncle, played in the NFL. The word is he will be leaving to go pro after this year. He made a ton of plays his freshman year but the ball never seemed to go in his direction last year. We played a lot of man to man with the corners and he blitzed a fair amount. Hopefully he plays a lot of "center field" this year so he can make a ton of interceptions.

tigerskin said:
Laron has all the skills. Good speed (don't know exact 40 time), tough, good hitter, moves well in space, and has good ball skills. A quiet guy. Was a QB and DB in high school. He almost went to Miami but decided to stay in state. I believe his dad, or maybe it was his uncle, played in the NFL. The word is he will be leaving to go pro after this year. He made a ton of plays his freshman year but the ball never seemed to go in his direction last year. We played a lot of man to man with the corners and he blitzed a fair amount. Hopefully he plays a lot of "center field" this year so he can make a ton of interceptions.

Nice... sounds good. About his ball skills... is he just adaquate or is he a ball hawk?

Nasty

Anyone know if he is a ball hawk?

Also, Anyone know if he is a SS or a FS??

I think it is a little early to be trying to figure out what our needs will be next year. I would say that if we go 4-12 or have a record under .500, then we need to look at dropping either Gus or AJ and drafting Leinart or Jacobs from Bowling Green at QB.

I agree with others in the thread - too many variables right now to project him as a pick. However, an interesting thought just occurred - could Sam Madison be our FS next year? A la Rod Woodson - he lost a step at CB, but stepped over to FS and became a pro-bowler for a few more seasons.

In fact, this may be more the norm now - draft premier CBs and as they get older, move them to FS to extend their dominance and use the pick to get another premier CB.

Food for thought............

Bill C said:
I agree with others in the thread - too many variables right now to project him as a pick. However, an interesting thought just occurred - could Sam Madison be our FS next year? A la Rod Woodson - he lost a step at CB, but stepped over to FS and became a pro-bowler for a few more seasons.

In fact, this may be more the norm now - draft premier CBs and as they get older, move them to FS to extend their dominance and use the pick to get another premier CB.

Food for thought............

I have thought about this before... but Madison cant tackle. I dont think he would be a good saftey... Rod Woodson could tackle...

Nasty

But... Back to the topic...

Do any of you know if he played SS or FS? Its a big difference because the need at FS is so much greater...

Nasty

Doesnt matter were picking Chad Greenway with our top pick next year so this discussion is pointless.

Back
Top Bottom