Is the city of Miami planning any "welcome back" festivities for Ricky? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is the city of Miami planning any "welcome back" festivities for Ricky?

dean_siu, your act is getting old. I'm guessing all this is an act since every thread/message you post is about Ricky and how wonderful he is. It's getting to the point of self parody and it's just not funny anymore...in fact it's quite sad. So you might want to consider going another route with your posts from now on before it gets downright pathetic. (unless you're actually a sock of one of the Bills/Jets fans on here, which could be a possibility)

Justasportsfan said:
Those who will have a welcome party should be arrested. They're all dealers.

:lol:

You're probably right...for once :D

Did you check out Shelton's Huge Deal with the Browns!!! :rofl3: J/K!!!

Go Fins!!!

thecoordinator said:
like it's been said, the first time ricky breaks through the line, stiff arms an LB and outruns the secondary to the endzone, we will all love him like he were our own. get over yourselves guys. the bottom line is winning football games and ultimately winning a championship. if ricky williams helps us achieve that then god bless him.

There is nothing wrong in wanting our team to do good and score points. But RW is not a savior and only had one great year (2002), 2001 was an average year, that Lamar Smith and other average RBs have had. There are quite a few athletes in Pro sports that are have low morall values, I don't respect them at all, but that does not mean I won't support them in the field.

As the year goes by, we will see how the players in the team support him, one thing for them to say something to the press and the other is what really goes on behind close doors.

I think our defense (zack, JT, Seau) will welcome him back. RW might not survive the Pre-season, there is alot of payback, and Dave is not there to protect him. I might be a little exagerated, but realistically, he will have more bruises this TC than he has had under Dave's camps.

Sal Lisitano said:
Did you check out Shelton's Huge Deal with the Browns!!! :rofl3: J/K!!!

Go Fins!!!
1 yr. :rofl3:
At least you showed up, where's phinsforever? :lol:

Justasportsfan said:
1 yr. :rofl3:
At least you showed up, where's phinsforever? :lol:

Of course I showed up. Having discussions with fans of other teams is always interesting...most of the time.

Speaking about another AFCE team...where you suprised about R. Tongue getting released?

Go Fins!!!

kingnate85 said:
I'm sure Ricky had the Miami Dolphins' best interest in mind when he retired a week before training camp. That sure was nice of him!

And the second paragraph is so blind to what really happened that I can't even read it without shaking my head! He's coming back because he owes money! He's got 8.6 million reasons to come back! He doesn't want to play football! He just wants to get out of debt and then believe me he'll be right back in India doing his yoga.

Why is it wrong to come back to get out of debt and try to secure his financial future? He has 3 kids he's responsible for. If he didn't come back people would be all over him for being a deadbeat dad. Can't have it both ways.

poppy said:
Why is it wrong to come back to get out of debt and try to secure his financial future? He has 3 kids he's responsible for. If he didn't come back people would be all over him for being a deadbeat dad. Can't have it both ways.

I don't care what his reasons are for coming back. Just the fact that he is coming back disgusts me. And he sure didn't seem to worried about supporting his kids when he left the game in the first place. Where did he think he was gonna get income from? Ricky Williams isn't exactly in the runnings for Father Of The Year anyways. He just got done with a paternity suit for crying out loud.

thecoordinator said:
like it's been said, the first time ricky breaks through the line, stiff arms an LB and outruns the secondary to the endzone, we will all love him like he were our own. get over yourselves guys. the bottom line is winning football games and ultimately winning a championship. if ricky williams helps us achieve that then god bless him.

You shouldn't make blanket statements like this. I will never like Pricky after what he did no matter what he does on the field so speak for yourself next time and not everybody.

kingnate85 said:
I don't care what his reasons are for coming back. Just the fact that he is coming back disgusts me. And he sure didn't seem to worried about supporting his kids when he left the game in the first place. Where did he think he was gonna get income from? Ricky Williams isn't exactly in the runnings for Father Of The Year anyways. He just got done with a paternity suit for crying out loud.

Well, you said it right there. No matter what he does you'll find fault because "just the fact that he's coming back disgusts you". It is more responsible I.M.O. to come back for financial purposes then to not come back at all.

dean_siu said:
I haven't heard anything yet....but I would imagine a ticker tape parade and a large rally would be in order. This is so exciting that Ricky is coming back to play football again and I hope the city realizes how fortunate it is to have a man of this magnitude calling Miami home. Go Ricky!!!!

:eek: :shakeno:

poppy said:
Well, you said it right there. No matter what he does you'll find fault because "just the fact that he's coming back disgusts you". It is more responsible I.M.O. to come back for financial purposes then to not come back at all.

Responsible? How is that being responsible? I look at it as what choice does he have? He has to come up with this money. He's being forced back. Ricky isn't doing anything admirable here. If there was no money owed, Ricky would not be on his way back to Miami right now.

kingnate85 said:

Ricky Williams was definitely looking out for the best interest of both himself and his kids by sitting out last year. To run behind that OL and take the punishment that Wanny would have made him endure....it would have taken 3-4 years off his career. Now, he's coming back refreshed, renewed, and revigorated.....he has a good 6-8 years of football in him and a guaranteed spot in the HOF upon retirement.

When this happens, both him and his kids will be set financially for the rest of their lifes.

Anyways, getting back to the original topic....if anyone hears of a welcome back celebration, please let me know when it will be held. I'd like to see some coverage of it from the various media outlets like ESPN, CNN, E!, etc.....I just would really like to know when to look for it.

Thanks.

dean_siu said:
Ricky didn't have to come back to football (or to the Dolphins). He would have been happy living the rest of his life in California, Asia, or Australia. The fact that he gave this all up and is coming back to an organization that really dissed him upon his retirement is a very fortunate circumstance for all of us. Let's not be a-holes about it and drive him away from the game once again.

FINE. Then let him GO BACK and OWE 8.6 MILLION and live in a TENT in Australia or a temple in India or whatever...

FIRST of all HE dissed the DOLPHINS ORGANIZATION first with his DRUG USE.

He dissed himself, his kids, his family and anyone else who tried to stand up for him when he FAILED his THIRD DRUG TEST.

Now he will MISS 4 games because of HIS DRUG USE.

He alone put himself where he's at. No one told him to smoke pot or whatever else he will or wont admit to taking. Ricky Williams should be the one to freaking kneel down and bow to Nick Saban for taking his dumb butt back so he can repay the money he owes one way (with money) or the other (with hard earned yards or a trade for a draft pick(s)/players).

dean_siu said:
Ricky Williams was definitely looking out for the best interest of both himself and his kids by sitting out last year. To run behind that OL and take the punishment that Wanny would have made him endure....it would have taken 3-4 years off his career. Now, he's coming back refreshed, renewed, and revigorated.....he has a good 6-8 years of football in him and a guaranteed spot in the HOF upon retirement.

When this happens, both him and his kids will be set financially for the rest of their lifes.

Anyways, getting back to the original topic....if anyone hears of a welcome back celebration, please let me know when it will be held. I'd like to see some coverage of it from the various media outlets like ESPN, CNN, E!, etc.....I just would really like to know when to look for it.

Thanks.

Dude. Come on. That's enough of that. He said himself that he's only playing for two years. And there is absolutely no way he gets into the HOF. You are just being ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom