Is the city of Miami planning any "welcome back" festivities for Ricky? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is the city of Miami planning any "welcome back" festivities for Ricky?

dean_siu said:
I really think its a shame though that some people are waiting for this to happen before they welcome him back with open arms. After all the good things that Ricky has done for the organization and the city of Miami, there's no reason that everyone shouldn't be ecstatic about his return right now!

Ricky didn't have to come back to football (or to the Dolphins). He would have been happy living the rest of his life in California, Asia, or Australia. The fact that he gave this all up and is coming back to an organization that really dissed him upon his retirement is a very fortunate circumstance for all of us. Let's not be a-holes about it and drive him away from the game once again.

What color is the sky on your planet? Ricky bailed on South Florida (not just Miami) and the Dolphins. We needed him then. Now, that all the expectations are off him and he needs us financially he's going to return? What a load of python p!ss!

I'm a Dolphins fan. I'm going to cheer anything good that happens on the field. If Ricky does something great I'm going to cheer and get excited just like a good fan should. But, am I, the other fans, or any of the organization going to ever fully trust in him again? No F-ing way. I hope Saban does just what he should: use him like a hooker working for her crack rock. Then as soon as he's off his game, dump his b!tch @ss.

rafael said:
There was going to be a parade, but at the last minute all the float drivers, coordinators and even the spectators quit. Something about finding themselves, being overworked, spending time with their kids and a half dozen or so other reasons.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO!!!

Don't forget the excuse of being too restricted and not being able to BE FREE TO SMOKE A FATTY whenever you want!

dean_siu said:
I see the Bills fans are out in force today.....if you truly were a fan of the Fins, you'd all drop the 'tudes and welcome back the greatest running back in the history of the NFL.

If the city of Miami doesn't use this as a reason to hold a big reggae festival on the beach, they are really missing out on a great opportunity.

Stand up and step away from the bong. Greatest RB in NFL history? Hell no, make him earn respect on the field before we give his skinny azz a party.

Cheech and Chong are the welcoming committee.

dean_siu said:
I see the Bills fans are out in force today.....if you truly were a fan of the Fins, you'd all drop the 'tudes and welcome back the greatest running back in the history of the NFL.

If the city of Miami doesn't use this as a reason to hold a big reggae festival on the beach, they are really missing out on a great opportunity.

Wow. Just wow.

I've never seen Fins and Bills fans in accord so much in my life over this whole Ricky thing. ;)

By the way, I'll be very curious to see what happens when Ricky is announced for the first time in Week 5...or whenever he cracks the lineup. Will he get booed? Cheered? Or what I hope, total ignorance? This guy could singlehandedly win us a Super Bowl, shaking hands and kissing sick babies the whole way, and I still won't be a fan. He's a pot-smoking, deadbeat Dad, psycho quitter. That's all I have to say.

dean_siu said:
I haven't heard anything yet....but I would imagine a ticker tape parade and a large rally would be in order. This is so exciting that Ricky is coming back to play football again and I hope the city realizes how fortunate it is to have a man of this magnitude calling Miami home. Go Ricky!!!!

A swift kick in the crotch would be in order.

I've lost a lot of respect for many Dolphin fans today.....many of the responses on this thread are both juvenile and unbelievable. I want this franchise to win a Super Bowl so badly and it appears many of you just have an unbelievable vendetta to drive talent away from this team. Everyone should be absolutely ecstatic over Ricky's return and while the lack of a welcome back celebration stuns me.....the lack of class displayed by many posters flabbergasts me.

What I dont understand is, if the coaching staff, the players, which without any question are closer then us to the Ricky deal, are able to accept him back what is the problem with us...the fans? we should trust Saban, because I believe in his intend to build a proud and winning franchise, not to create a problem with Ricky. Ricky made a mistake, let it go, his gonna be with our team again, our coach must think pretty high of him to lure him back. I forgive him, I would like to see the player that he was, to help us.

LIQUID24 said:
Your shtick isn’t funny anymore. Never was, actually.

I'm not trying to be funny. I'm actually appalled. Fans of any other team in the league would clamour to have a player like Ricky on their team.....however, we seem to be the exception to the rule and I think its disgraceful.

dean_siu said:
I'm not trying to be funny. I'm actually appalled. Fans of any other team in the league would clamour to have a player like Ricky on their team.....however, we seem to be the exception to the rule and I think its disgraceful.

Man, wipe that brown spot off of your nose. Even Rope Weed would probably tell you to get out of his jock.

Oh wonderful the troll is back from vacation. Oh joy!

dean_siu said:
I've lost a lot of respect for many Dolphin fans today.....many of the responses on this thread are both juvenile and unbelievable. I want this franchise to win a Super Bowl so badly and it appears many of you just have an unbelievable vendetta to drive talent away from this team. Everyone should be absolutely ecstatic over Ricky's return and while the lack of a welcome back celebration stuns me.....the lack of class displayed by many posters flabbergasts me.

I'm sorry I don't agree with you. Is it ok that I have my own oppinion?

dean_siu said:

I hope your not a parent. If so you should be ashamed at the example your showing your kids. It is ok to quit on an employer and use illagal substances, as long as you have enough talent your boss will take you back. If you dont have kids please dont have any. Can he still be effective in the league? Of course, but he quit on the team and he uses an illegal substance. If he were a normal person and not an athele he would have been arrested by now.

Back
Top Bottom