Is the city of Miami planning any "welcome back" festivities for Ricky? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is the city of Miami planning any "welcome back" festivities for Ricky?

kingnate85 said:
Responsible? How is that being responsible? I look at it as what choice does he have? He has to come up with this money. He's being forced back. Ricky isn't doing anything admirable here. If there was no money owed, Ricky would not be on his way back to Miami right now.

What choice does he have? How about not coming back and declaring bankruptcy. Your hatred/rage emotions are clouding your reasoning. :lol:

LTR I'm out.

dean_siu said:
Ricky Williams was definitely looking out for the best interest of both himself and his kids by sitting out last year. To run behind that OL and take the punishment that Wanny would have made him endure....it would have taken 3-4 years off his career. Now, he's coming back refreshed, renewed, and revigorated.....he has a good 6-8 years of football in him and a guaranteed spot in the HOF upon retirement.

Thanks.

You are a salesman's dream....

Some people will buy anything someone tells them disregarding facts blaring in their face. :shakeno:

kingnate85 said:
Dude. Come on. That's enough of that. He said himself that he's only playing for two years. And there is absolutely no way he gets into the HOF. You are just being ridiculous.

He will play for much longer than 2 years if he's treated fairly and given the respect & support he deserves. He's making a two year commitment and hopefully the Dolphins will live up to their end of the bargain in helping this superstar reach his full potential. If the team treats him better this time around, there will definitely be several Super Bowls in the near future and a definite spot in the HOF for Ricky.

kingnate85 said:
Dude. Come on. That's enough of that. He said himself that he's only playing for two years. And there is absolutely no way he gets into the HOF. You are just being ridiculous.

Read my previous post on the 2nd page...I think it explains everything.

Noodle Arm said:
Read my previous post on the 2nd page...I think it explains everything.

You're right. I give up arguing with this guy. It's pretty pointless. He must be president of the Ricky Williams fan club or something.

dean_siu said:
He will play for much longer than 2 years if he's treated fairly and given the respect & support he deserves. He's making a two year commitment and hopefully the Dolphins will live up to their end of the bargain in helping this superstar reach his full potential. If the team treats him better this time around, there will definitely be several Super Bowls in the near future and a definite spot in the HOF for Ricky.

GET REAL.

Ricky couldnt even get us to the playoffs before. Oh what? He didnt do it before because he wasn't treated fairly? Or will I see a bunch of excuses? Because you make it seem like as long as people treat him nice he's all-world and he'll take you to the Superbowl by himself.

Again, get real. If he acts like a responsible adult and stays off the drugs he may be able to repair his wallet and his reputation (which isn't very good right now). Anything else like the HOF and whatnot should be the least of his concerns right now.

dean_siu said:
Ricky Williams was definitely looking out for the best interest of both himself and his kids by sitting out last year. To run behind that OL and take the punishment that Wanny would have made him endure....it would have taken 3-4 years off his career. Now, he's coming back refreshed, renewed, and revigorated.....he has a good 6-8 years of football in him and a guaranteed spot in the HOF upon retirement.

When this happens, both him and his kids will be set financially for the rest of their lifes.

Anyways, getting back to the original topic....if anyone hears of a welcome back celebration, please let me know when it will be held. I'd like to see some coverage of it from the various media outlets like ESPN, CNN, E!, etc.....I just would really like to know when to look for it.

Thanks.

Dean, I think I've got your true identity narrowed down to a few possibilities-

a. Leigh Steinberg
b. Ricky Wiliams
c. one of the dumb sluts who has unprotected sex with RW hoping to conceive yet another ba$tard
d. Master P, hoping to get back in Ricky's good graces to "negotiate" a new deal for him.

If you are not one of the above, then I am very confused and also very concerned about your mental welfare.

dean_siu said:
I haven't heard anything yet....but I would imagine a ticker tape parade and a large rally would be in order. This is so exciting that Ricky is coming back to play football again and I hope the city realizes how fortunate it is to have a man of this magnitude calling Miami home. Go Ricky!!!!

:lol:

#84Fan4Life said:
You shouldn't make blanket statements like this. I will never like Pricky after what he did no matter what he does on the field so speak for yourself next time and not everybody.

ok so what are you gonna do when this happens? boo? cheer against ricky having success for us? why? because you're perfect and never made any mistakes in your life and have never needed a second chance? if this is your stance on the ricky situation then why don't you follow fiedler and be a jets fan...

dean_siu said:
I haven't heard anything yet....but I would imagine a ticker tape parade and a large rally would be in order. This is so exciting that Ricky is coming back to play football again and I hope the city realizes how fortunate it is to have a man of this magnitude calling Miami home. Go Ricky!!!!
If you call riots, people egging his car, breaking windows, and attempting to kill him "welcome back" festivities than yes.

Congrats Dean- you've made my ignore list. The great thing is I won't see your undoubtedly moronic response to this post!! Thank you, ignore list!!

There was going to be a parade, but at the last minute all the float drivers, coordinators and even the spectators quit. Something about finding themselves, being overworked, spending time with their kids and a half dozen or so other reasons.

thecoordinator said:
ok so what are you gonna do when this happens? boo? cheer against ricky having success for us? why? because you're perfect and never made any mistakes in your life and have never needed a second chance? if this is your stance on the ricky situation then why don't you follow fiedler and be a jets fan...

I can't speak for 84Fan4Life but I know what I'll do. I'll be happy that MIAMI got the touchdown, not Ricky Williams personally. It's a team game and if he is scoring touchdowns then he is helping the team and that's what I want, for the TEAM to succeed. But I'll never be a Ricky Williams fan again. No one player is greater than the team.

And I'd just like to add that I hate what this whole Ricky Williams thing is doing to us. It's divided us and that sucks because we're all here to cheer for Miami but now we are just fighting ourselves because of that scumbag.

The welcome back party for Ricky will be held at the anual Bob Marley festival!!!!

Welcome back Ricky, face it guys if you had a coach that literally jumped on your back, you wouldve taken some time off........

kingnate85 said:
I can't speak for 84Fan4Life but I know what I'll do. I'll be happy that MIAMI got the touchdown, not Ricky Williams personally. It's a team game and if he is scoring touchdowns then he is helping the team and that's what I want, for the TEAM to succeed. But I'll never be a Ricky Williams fan again. No one player is greater than the team.

I'm with you, I'll never cheer for Ricky again, just the dolphins. I was so ashamed by what he did I gave his jersey to my girlfriend and said "here sleep in this, maybe that'll take some of the shame away from it."

Oh and to Dean Siu you said we should praise Ricky for how he helped this organization. Tell me three things he did that helped us.

Back
Top Bottom