Is the NFL fixed??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is the NFL fixed???

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way that a team like the Patriots, with pretty average players (other than maybe four pro bowlers: Brady, Moss, Seau, and maybe Bruschi) could win every close game without a lot of help from the referees. Since the "tuck game" ...rhymes with F-U, the Pats have won every close important game since then.

Why would the NFL fix games? Because they want high ratings which is gauranteed when you have the NFL's two poster boys playing in the Superbowl. Who does John Madden have the biggest hard-on for every Sunday night.....Brady and Favre,,,,who is on his horse trailer just about every week? You guessed it.

Today's game showed how things are fixed...a dirty hit by Marvin Harrison...it's never called....a cheap hit by Vrabel...Seymour hitting Rivers helmet to helmet. Sorry, it goes beyond "having a good team that is well coached." :shakeno:

I personally think that the cries of "they are cheating" are nothing but the crying of poor sports. To imply that HUNDREDS of men would stoop to cheating is horribly self centered. It is ludicrous.. insane to think that a league wide CONSPIRACY exists to further one team over another.. if there was even ONE SHRED OF PROOF.. which NONE of you have, the entire credibilty would disolve overnight.. to think that 31 BILLIONAIRES would allow THEIR teams to be cheated in any manner is just stupid...

It isn't formally fixed. But it's fixed. It's unspoken. No one says it, but the proof is on the field. The Patriots get away with whatever they want. They come into games and control everything, even the referees. It's sad. It's been going on for years. Now it's at its worse level ever.

If the Patriots win every game, and the Super Bowl, in my eyes, the NFL isn't what it once was. It is not a prestigious sport. The level of structured competition has fallen. One team managed to weasel around all of the rules and win. They figured out a way to bypass the system that every other team is forced to abide by.

Can it get more rediculous than this post?

There is no way that a team like the Patriots, with pretty average players (other than maybe four pro bowlers: Brady, Moss, Seau, and maybe Bruschi) could win every close game without a lot of help from the referees. Since the "tuck game" ...rhymes with F-U, the Pats have won every close important game since then.

Why would the NFL fix games? Because they want high ratings which is gauranteed when you have the NFL's two poster boys playing in the Superbowl. Who does John Madden have the biggest hard-on for every Sunday night.....Brady and Favre,,,,who is on his horse trailer just about every week? You guessed it.

Today's game showed how things are fixed...a dirty hit by Marvin Harrison...it's never called....a cheap hit by Vrabel...Seymour hitting Rivers helmet to helmet. Sorry, it goes beyond "having a good team that is well coached." :shakeno:

I'm not gonna sit here and say they dont get an ungodly amount of breaks, because they do. But to say they have 4 or 5 good players and the rest is average is unbelievable. Lets go ahead see how many good players they have:

Brady, Moss, Maroney, Welker, Stallworth, Bruschi, Thomas, Vrabel, Seymour, Samuels, Harrison, Seau, Green, Warren. Not to mention their OL or ST's. They have built through the trenches. I can't remember, maybe once, they've used their 1st round pick to select someone who doesn't play on either line. They keep great special teams players, instead of getting rid of them. I hate them, but even if they did record some plays, they have MADE this team through a lot of very VERY savvy football moves, Bottom line. That being said, I think I have to throw up now.

I know I did see one blown call by the officials..it was an incomplete pass to Chambers in the back of the EZ. The replay clearly showed chambers stepped out of the back of the EZ with one foot then went up for the ball but couldn't hold on. Now last time i checked it was a penality if a player steps out of the field of play and is then the first player to touch the ball. Did you see any penality call on that play becauase I sure didn't? Perhaps the game was fixed for the chargers then?.... .
That is not a penalty and a bad example on your part. That is a penalty on a turnover situation i.e. a punt not a pass play as Rivers would be the first one to touch the ball as he threw it.

I think the problem is people think it is "fixed," implying a large scale conspiracy, which would be too hard to leave unexposed. However, I think the refs do get suggestions from league office to help dictate the outcome. Making points of emphasis, like watch for pass interference from the San Diego cornerbacks, they tend to be really physical with receivers. This combined with a reputation as a well coached, veteran team that plays a disciplined game, plays into their favor every single game.

I just want to know how it seems the Pats are never getting these calls and the network doesn't even talk about it. When someone like Rodney Harrison dives on Lorenzo Neal four steps after he clearly never had the ball, there is no penalty. When Richard Seymour goes helmet to helmet with Rivers there is no penalty. How Vrabl trips a bad kneed QB there is no flag. It just never ends with the how comes when talking about the Patriots and there is no reasonable explanation for it.

Keep in mind it wouldn't take much to help dictate the outcome of the game. Giving one team an extra half yard or even an inch on 2nd down spots. Calling holding at key times, because like they say you could almost call holding on every play. Same goes for pass interference or illegal contact. If refs are predisposed to certain teams cheating more than others you can bet calls are going to favor the "cleaner" of the two teams.

That is not a penalty and a bad example on your part. That is a penalty on a turnover situation i.e. a punt not a pass play as Rivers would be the first one to touch the ball as he threw it.

I quote the 2006 NFL rule book

Rule 8 section 1 article 7

Illegal Touching
Forward Pass

Article 7

It is a foul for illegal touching, if a forward pass (legal or illegal):

(a) first touches or is caught by an ineligible offensive player behind, on, or beyond the

forward pass line of scrimmage, or

(b) first touches or is caught by an eligible receiver who had gone out of bounds on his

own or had been legally forced out of bounds.

Penalty: Loss of five yards from previous spot.

http://blogmedia.thenewstribune.com/media/2006%20NFL%20RULEBOOK.pdf

As chambers was not forced out but clearly did step out of the back EZ line before attempting to catch a legal forward pass he was in violation of (B) under rule 8 section 1 article 7. I don't know where you came up with this only counts as a penality on a turnover situtation but your explaination is obviously wrong. It should have been a 5 yrd penality and a replay of the down or the Pats could have declined the penality and then it would have been an incomplete pass and the down would have counted.

Nobody hates the Patsies more than I do, but I don't think anything is fixed. The Chargers lost because they got field goals instead of TD's, but I know how you feel man.

Yeah... sad to say. Without LT in the backfield, during red zone offense..their defenes adjusted.

If Sproles was in, it would be a pass, if Turner, a run, if Brandon and Turner, a run, etc...

There was no playaction to use..and on top of that, Gates running heel to toe. :-(

Sigh..another season..what could have been..BUt regardless -- we grew a lot this year. I still have man love for Rivers.

The only play I got FURIOUS on was this. 3:30 Mark..how the hell does one miss that? I thought legs whips were illegal--I guess not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDWB3im-axE

Oh come on guys..the leg whip..the leg whip?

:foundout::foundout:

Oh come on guys..the leg whip..the leg whip?

:foundout::foundout:

Yeah, but L.T. you gotta realize as phin fans that is rather passe stuff. We're used to the Pats getting all the calls, or non calls, or whatever is necessary to get their sorry, cheating a**** further along.

Yeah, but L.T. you gotta realize as phin fans that is rather passe stuff. We're used to the Pats getting all the calls, or non calls, or whatever is necessary to get their sorry, cheating a**** further along.

I hear ya, but I just dont get how that could be MISSED. Of all the plays --that was a momentum shift. CC was wide open and if he hadn't kicked him, easy completion.

When it happened live I could clearly see it -- the ref was RIGHT there. What happened to the 'protect the QB' scenario. Good God Almighty...of all the non-calls to miss -- a LEG WHIP that's clear as day.

Sheesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom