Is there a player that's growing on you? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is there a player that's growing on you?

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
Is there a player that a month or two ago you didn't like or were just luke warm on then but the closer you look at them the more intrigued you become? For example I would say my interest in Jacob Eason has grown in recent weeks the closer I look at him, If you're looking for the next Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or Drew Breees than Eason might not be your guy. However, the closer I look at him the more I see a young Ben Rothlisberger, not in the all-time great conversation but more than good enough to get you wins in the right offense.

Last edited:
Hamsah Nasirildeen...

The poor man's Isaiah Simmons.

Absolutely on Nasirildeen...

Steal him and get a cheap safety.

Hamsah Nasirildeen...

The poor man's Isaiah Simmons.

He is physically gifted, but it is hard to project him. FSU's schemes were awful the last few years under Kelly and Barnett. I think with the right coaching he could be a very good NFL safety. HE is a big kid for the position and w could develop tremendously as FSU's S&C program was pretty bad as well.

He is not on Derwin's level (who is), but in the hybrid role, position-less defense we run, he would be a asset.

I dont know if this is cheating but honestly the thought of drafting Tua is growing on me. After the ankle injury and then the hip injury i was no go all the way for him. But for once the fins need to take a risk and say **** it, make sure there are no "what if" moments in the future. so yeah two months ago i wasnt on the bandwagon for him, but now for the sake of finland i say do it.

Also...I know that he's had a lot of carries, and I know there are flashier RB in the draft, but I'm strongly of the opinion that Jonathan Taylor is going to make a lot of people look silly if he's not the first RB drafted. He's one of the few big backs I consistently see pulling away from defenders in the open field.

im assuming you mean the underrated players? Derrick Brown is more a top player.

If Im looking at guys who are not first day picks, Im looking at Logan Stenberg, Jacob Eason, possibly JK Dobbins but its hard to imagine him not going first day. I'll have to look into that Nasirildeen guy

im assuming you mean the underrated players? Derrick Brown is more a top player.

If Im looking at guys who are not first day picks, Im looking at Logan Stenberg, Jacob Eason, possibly JK Dobbins but its hard to imagine him not going first day. I'll have to look into that Nasirildeen guy

I'm going to warn you...the FSU stuff is not great, but that is more system issues and coaching issues.

Also...I know that he's had a lot of carries, and I know there are flashier RB in the draft, but I'm strongly of the opinion that Jonathan Taylor is going to make a lot of people look silly if he's not the first RB drafted. He's one of the few big backs I consistently see pulling away from defenders in the open field.

You know, I was not a fan of Taylor, nor do I typically like Wisconsin backs...I feel like the o-line does a lot to contribute to that success, with that said, Taylor is starting to grow on me. He has excellent vision and is able to squeeze through gaps. He does have issues fumbling and he has a lot of wear, but it is not like we would resign an RB anyways after the rookie contract. His one area of weakness is in the passing game, but I'm not sure if that is because he struggles or just how Wisconsin chooses to use him.

Last edited:
so far what im seeing in highlights is Hamsah looks like he could be good against the run. Like an LB.

Different strokes for different folks. I really don't pay as much attention to college as I used to during the season. Kids, activities, work, life, etc. eat up my Saturdays. Things get in the way. Once the NFL is winding down, I start looking at college prospects more.

Edit: It also wouldn't shock me if there was no more than 1 RB drafted in the first round this year. The class is so deep that it 's easy for a team to say "We'll be able to grab one our top-rated RB in round 2 or 3."

Nick Harris, Center, Washington.
Every game I've seen him he does not take a play off, never saw him get manhandled or pushed back, 100% effort and supposedly a great leader.

I want him with our 2A pick.
Stay away from centers in the first, snag Harris in the 2nd.

Nick Harris, Center, Washington.
Every game I've seen him he does not take a play off, never saw him get manhandled or pushed back, 100% effort and supposedly a great leader.

I want him with our 2A pick.
Stay away from centers in the first, snag Harris in the 2nd.

Nick Harris is a very good athlete, but his anchor can be suspect at times. He is also small...Washington lists him at 6'1" and about 300, I wonder how that will measure up at the combine. I do like him, a lot. I think he is 3rd center in the draft and could move up based on his measurements.

Nick Harris is a very good athlete, but his anchor can be suspect at times. He is also small...Washington lists him at 6'1" and about 300, I wonder how that will measure up at the combine. I do like him, a lot. I think he is 3rd center in the draft and could move up based on his measurements.
I did notice that he is a little on the small side, that would worry me somewhat. Nice catch. Still, I like him if he is strong enough to hold up against NFL dlinemen, and if he would be a fit for the O.

Back
Top Bottom