Is there any doubt who is best player in the NBA??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is there any doubt who is best player in the NBA???

Buddwalk said:
kobe 3 championships at 27...81 points in a game...completely unstoppable, thats the best player in the league

My top 5 is like this

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Lebron James
3. Tim Duncan
4. Dwyane Wade
5. Kevin Garnett

Right top 5 just wrong order :wink:

Majpain said:
Right top 5 just wrong order :wink:

hey thats all my opinion of course...honestly if were talking about the smartest player in the league who makes everybody else around him better and you can build championships off of I'd say Tim Duncan hands down. Duncan may go down as the greatest PF in history :yes:

Also if chris paul has another season or two like last year and he keeps improving...the sky's the limit for that kid, he could easily be top 5 in 2 years :yes:

Ferretsquig said:
To be fair, two of those games without Shaq were garbage games at the end of the season and Posey and JWill were injured for stretches coinciding with Shaq's absence at the beginning of the season. Wade was playing with lineups of Payton, Kapono, Doleac, and Walker for a while there.

We are nitpicking now, Shaq and Miami were 4-1 when Wade didn't play, and the one loss was on the road against Phoenix w/o JWill also, I mean fact is, it is evident in the win-loss records how important Shaq's role is to this team and any team he plays on.

Alex44 said:
If we had to play an entire season without either Wade or Shaq I would say 'Shaq your not playing'

I felt better with Zo in games a lot of the time......

I agree w/ Wade over Shaq . . I mean Wade is amazing, but Zo over Shaq . . nah, maybe for stretches Zo will look great, but he is overmatched by Shaq'a dominance and presence in the paint. I don't think the Heat are champions if Shaq is not in there and of course vica versa if Wade is not there.

Kdawg954 said:
I agree w/ Wade over Shaq . . I mean Wade is amazing, but Zo over Shaq . . nah, maybe for stretches Zo will look great, but he is overmatched by Shaq'a dominance and presence in the paint. I don't think the Heat are champions if Shaq is not in there and of course vica versa if Wade is not there.

Shaq just looks extremely lazy at times and like he doesnt want to be there at all. Thats why I like Zo in, its 100% effort all the time

Buddwalk said:
hey thats all my opinion of course...honestly if were talking about the smartest player in the league who makes everybody else around him better and you can build championships off of I'd say Tim Duncan hands down. Duncan may go down as the greatest PF in history :yes:

You can have TD i'll take KG.KG puts up better numbers but doesnt have that cast or coaching staff TD has.But my god TD's bank shot is amazing.

I'm saying . . is this thread about who has had the best career in the NBA, or who is the best player "right now" because I assumed the latter of the 2. I mean of course Bron and Wade don't have the careers that Duncan and Kobe have had, but as of right now, they are the 2 best players in the game.

Kdawg954 said:
I'm saying . . is this thread about who has had the best career in the NBA, or who is the best player "right now" because I assumed the latter of the 2. I mean of course Bron and Wade don't have the careers that Duncan and Kobe have had, but as of right now, they are the 2 best players in the game.

Agreed you cant really throw in players who have played in the leauge 2-3 years.You have to choose the Vets

Pound for pound best player is AI
Best all around game Is KG,TD is close
Best scorer with out a doubt Kobe

Alex44 said:
Shaq just looks extremely lazy at times and like he doesnt want to be there at all. Thats why I like Zo in, its 100% effort all the time

Yea but to be fair to Shaq, he weighs about 70 pounds more, gets double teamed constantly and played more minutes throughout the season. Zo was a man on a mission this season, he played at an extremely high level when he was in there, and deserves his props.

Kdawg954 said:
Yea but to be fair to Shaq, he weighs about 70 pounds more, gets double teamed constantly and played more minutes throughout the season. Zo was a man on a mission this season, he played at an extremely high level when he was in there, and deserves his props.

Very True

Id just like to see more fire out of Shaq

Majpain said:
You can have TD i'll take KG.KG puts up better numbers but doesnt have that cast or coaching staff TD has.But my god TD's bank shot is amazing.

you dont get it do ya? KG is a freak no doubt, but the one thing that seperates him from tim duncan is that duncan makes everybody else around him better. Give me a team with duncan and a couple above average players and duncan can turn them into superstars...example manu ginobili and tony parker :wink: :wink: :wink:

Kdawg954 said:
Thats the thing tho, when and if he is healthy, he can be the best player in this league for the simple fact that he is seven foot, and plays at a level most big men in this league don't reach. He has the jumper, the D, the total package . . which is why he won 2 MVP's. He is thirty now, which means he still should have a few great years left, but he has to be healthy to be considered in this argument. Hell I thought McGrady was the best player a few years back, but I can't mention him in this argument because he is always hurt now.

Big men are the key to championships, IMO. Tim Duncan played a ton of basketball the last few years going deep into the playoffs and with the olympics. Would he have had the injury problems if he didn't play in the olympics? That's part of the reason why I think teams should be loyal to their team because they're the ones paying the guys.

Buddwalk said:
you dont get it do ya? KG is a freak no doubt, but the one thing that seperates him from tim duncan is that duncan makes everybody else around him better. Give me a team with duncan and a couple above average players and duncan can turn them into superstars...example manu ginobili and tony parker :wink: :wink: :wink:

I cant agree because KG is my boy :tongue:

Majpain said:
I cant agree because KG is my boy :tongue:

hey I like kg too bro...watch out for chris paul on that top 5 list in a year or two though, :yes:

hell maybe even adam morrison one day

Buddwalk said:
hey I like kg too bro...watch out for chris paul on that top 5 list in a year or two though, :yes:

hell maybe even adam morrison one day

I'm a T-wolf fan thats why I cant say Td is better:wink:.Watch out for mister Foye too!

Back
Top Bottom