Is there any doubt who is best player in the NBA??? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is there any doubt who is best player in the NBA???

Ferretsquig said:
What do you mean nitpicking? You included games where none of the starters played. This team isnt a sub-500 club without Shaq and doesnt win 80% of its game without Wade. Nothing is evident because of the win-loss records of 29 games.

I never said the Heat were a sub 500 team w/o Shaq . . when I said nitpicking, I was referring to injury problems having to do w/ the team when Wade was out and Shaq was in, just like the ones when the Heat lost with no Shaq and w/ Wade. But still even with 29 games, u can get a good feel that Shaq brings intangibles to a team that may not show up in the stat box, but show up in the win/loss columns.

chrome4 said:
Yep, I did aswell. I used to think Zo > Shaq back in the day before his problems.

U still could not compare the 2, just not possible. Shaq is possibly the most dominationg center ever. By dominating, not necessarily meaning the stats he puts up, but the gameplanning u must do to play a team who has Shaq is unprecedented in the history of this league. What held Shaq back from being definetly the greatest . . was his free throw shooting. He doesn't need a jumper, and his defense was good . . if he was a great FT shooter and didn't receive the attention that he gets for being so great, he could have dropped a triple digit on u . . thats how dominant he used to be . . and his mere presence changes the way a team has to play defense. No center ever went thru what Shaq has gone thru in his career.

Zo is a HOF'er in my book, but like someone else said, Shaq is in a league of his own.

Back
Top Bottom