Is there any doubt who is best player in the NBA??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is there any doubt who is best player in the NBA???

Majpain said:
I'm a T-wolf fan thats why I cant say Td is better:wink:.Watch out for mister Foye too!

let me ask you this though...which one has more championships [TD 3] [KG 0]

infact duncans been finals mvp 3 times as well :yes:

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Buddwalk said:
let me ask you this though...which one has more championships [TD 3] [KG 0]

:wink: :wink: :wink:
That was a low blow Budd :shakeno:.Your lucky we had a crappy GM or we might have won one.I mean we gave what 4 1st round draft picks for fecking Joe smith?Brilliant move mchale.Also KG was robbed of a Leauge MVP award he should have 2!

Kdawg954 said:
We are nitpicking now, Shaq and Miami were 4-1 when Wade didn't play, and the one loss was on the road against Phoenix w/o JWill also, I mean fact is, it is evident in the win-loss records how important Shaq's role is to this team and any team he plays on.

What do you mean nitpicking? You included games where none of the starters played. This team isnt a sub-500 club without Shaq and doesnt win 80% of its game without Wade. Nothing is evident because of the win-loss records of 29 games.

Shaq just looks extremely lazy at times and like he doesnt want to be there at all. Thats why I like Zo in, its 100% effort all the time

Shaq being lazy is still better than the best effort 'Zo can put forth. The offense with Shaq in the game is just unrivaled in its effectiveness.

Ferretsquig said:
What do you mean nitpicking? You included games where none of the starters played. This team isnt a sub-500 club without Shaq and doesnt win 80% of its game without Wade. Nothing is evident because of the win-loss records of 29 games.

Shaq being lazy is still better than the best effort 'Zo can put forth. The offense with Shaq in the game is just unrivaled in its effectiveness.

Stop sipping the Shaq Kool Aid man

Alex44 said:

you seriously think otherwise?

let Zo go through the double teams Shaq goes through, the hacking, the flopping, then you can actually compare the 2. Zo is great, but Shaq is Shaq

Nappy Roots said:
you seriously think otherwise?

let Zo go through the double teams Shaq goes through, the hacking, the flopping, then you can actually compare the 2. Zo is great, but Shaq is Shaq

:yeahthat:

Alex44 said:

'Zo is a great shot blocker, is as intense as they come, and has an interesting offensive game....you'll never get the ball back once it goes into him and the jump hook usually goes. But Shaq's mere presence on the floor does more than 'Zo can do. Noone else in the game can draw an automatic double team when he gets the ball. No other player in the game can single handedly force the opponents to shoot 3/4 of their shots from beyond the paint.

Mourning is invaluable and is certainly the best backup five in the league....probably would be an all star if he got the minutes. Shaq is a once in a generation player....you just cant compete with that.

Alex44 said:
If we had to play an entire season without either Wade or Shaq I would say 'Shaq your not playing'

I felt better with Zo in games a lot of the time......

Yep, I did aswell. I used to think Zo > Shaq back in the day before his problems.

Majpain said:
Wow when you mention best player it means best all around talent

And that goes to My boy KG.
More like bust, KG is crap that will never win a championship.

The Blueprint said:
None of them have that status, but right now Dwyane Wade is on top of the basketball world. When you're talking Wade & LeBron, if you're going to call one of them the best, right now it has to be Wade. He led his team to a Championship, right? He put up one of the best performances in NBA Finals history, right? What has LeBron done so far? Exactly. Kobe never "led" his team to a Championship either; Shaq did. Dwyane Wade worked with the version of Shaq who averaged 14/10 in the Finals. Shaq was always the one to take over in LAL, because he was in his prime. That's why he won all three MVP's, I believe. Also, I think team play has a lot to do with being the best player in basketball. In that case, Wade & LeBron start off games with the sense of involving their teammates, only to take over later on. Kobe is more about himself, whether people want to believe that or not. He showed another side of him in the first four games of the playoffs this year, only to turn away from it in the final three. Dwyane Wade & LeBron James are the definition of unselfish. Like it or not, that means the world in basketball.

If I had to rank them right now going into next season, it'd be:
1. Dwyane Wade
1. LeBron James
3. Kobe Bryant

I agree with your rationale and rankings... I think all three are great in there own right. In contrast I think that MJ benefited and hit is prime when Larry Bird And Magic Johnson left the game.

Shaq is no where near the player he was.I agree with the people who say that Zo was a better option than shaq at times..

chrome4 said:
More like bust, KG is crap that will never win a championship.

:shakeno: Championships aren't the only thing that define a player.

For everything shaq does on offense, he never leaves his feet for a rebound and his defense is lazy (that's if he makes it down the court)

love shaq's offense, but the heat have huge defensive and intensity lapses that zo cures almost instantly.

Back
Top Bottom