Isiah Prince Impresses In first Start | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isiah Prince Impresses In first Start

You can go back and watch the game and see it almost every time he was 1-on-1 with a pass rusher. The pass blocking was terrible.

His only salvageable asset right now this season is run blocking, which he did well. But you don't want to leave him on an island with even an average pass rusher

He definitely looks like his feet are made of stones. It is a weakness. He uses his long arms and power in the run game, and he could be a truly devastating run blocker. The question is can the coaches teach him to use his strengths to limit his weaknesses.

Post pick I liked him.

All the "guru's hated it.

As a fan I hope he's a solution!

But... He got help pretty much all game game

on the outside... But yeah! Looked good

doing what he was asked!

May NOT be the "bust" so many predicted.
When he was drafted I thought the team might switch him to guard where his pass protection wouldn't be as obvious. Hopefully, Prince develops.

You come across as a jerk sometimes, but I like it this time. :lol:

No one is saying Prince is a finished product...just that it wasn’t an awful first start for a rookie...he made mistakes and had some good plays...he was up against all-pro.

I'm sure some of you think Prince was "impressive" because PFF said he was rated highly in run blocking. He did OK in the run blocking but make no mistake he severely limited the offense because we had to max protect often and he always had help on his side in pass protection. When you have to max protect all the time and use only two receivers in routes and still the defense gets pressure on the QB...that's a big advantage for the defense.

look...the kid had a ok first start against an all-pro...for being a 5th round pick with potential...I’ll take it.

People are so quick to judge anymore!

look...the kid had a ok first start against an all-pro...for being a 5th round pick with potential...I’ll take it.

lol...people are quick to judge...the kid has an OK game and they start a thread about how well he did. Seems like the majority are singing his praises and thinking he's the solution after one game...talk about quick to judge.

It would seem too many have forgotten what good O-line play is since the Dolphins haven't really had good O-line play this century. Most of which were evaluated and placed on a draft board by the current GM.

Not be forgotten here is what a great job coach Gug has done with the talent level he has been given. Guys who should not even be on an NFL roster are being put in to play all over the O-line and they have been performing. I hope we sign coach Gug long term. So far, to me, he has been the best coach we have this year.

Say what you will and especially for the 1st half this was the most solid the OL looked all year. Even the annoucer were expressing how disappointed they were that there wasn't more pressure being applied to Rosen.

Lol that's also what made the Rosen evaluation disappointing too. He had more time in this game than the previous and did absolutely almost not with it.

I thought Rosen played well first half

I think if he can develop into an average starter who can play RT/RG then that’s a win and no reason why he can’t

lol...people are quick to judge...the kid has an OK game and they start a thread about how well he did. Seems like the majority are singing his praises and thinking he's the solution after one game...talk about quick to judge.

It would seem too many have forgotten what good O-line play is since the Dolphins haven't really had good O-line play this century. Most of which were evaluated and placed on a draft board by the current GM.

No...We have a green kid with good talent who had a respectable debut for a 5th round rookie on his first start against an elite edge rusher!

No...We have a green kid with good talent who had a respectable debut for a 5th round rookie on his first start against an elite edge rusher!

Brother some people just want to be miserable, so may as well let em.

Guy played against a premier passrusher his first start. Him and Boehm were a surprisingly decent duo. If we get respectable play from the right we might be able to have consistent drives for once.

Back
Top Bottom