Isn't it funny how we get pumped every year... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isn't it funny how we get pumped every year...

Originally posted by Mindwarp
Really wish we wuld have gotten olin krutz when we got ricky

And I bet Olin wishes he would have signed here. The Dolphins made him a very respectable offer that was matched by the Bears, but after their dream season in 2001 he wanted to stay. We would have both Ricky and Olin.

Originally posted by BATMAN

Why the life of me Wanny sticks with him is beyond me. He has shown sh*% for over 3 yrs.
does this sound about right.

fiedler #1 qb, lucas #2, jay gets hurt, lucas sucks, fans cheer when fiedler comes back!

fiedler #1 qb, griese #2, jay gets hurt, griese sucks, fans cheer when jay comes back!

wanny stays with him because he is the best we have right now. live with it my friend!:tongue:

Originally posted by dolfan06
does this sound about right.

fiedler #1 qb, lucas #2, jay gets hurt, lucas sucks, fans cheer when fiedler comes back!

fiedler #1 qb, griese #2, jay gets hurt, griese sucks, fans cheer when jay comes back!

wanny stays with him because he is the best we have right now. live with it my friend!:tongue:

You're right...so damn right and he is addequate. The problem is the ****ing O-line! It was never fixed!

Originally posted by Smacks
Maybe the subject line should be called the WHINNING THREAD.

Maybe...if the author of the subject thread didn't know how to spell "Whining."

Originally posted by dreaded34

You're right...so damn right and he is addequate. The problem is the ****ing O-line! It was never fixed!
i never said jay was the best qb out there, but so much can be done with the play calling. sending ricky up the middle 30 times a game is gonna get him killed with this o-line!

Oops, I spelled whiNing wrong. It still doesn't change how some of you TRUE Phin fans think the world is falling apart after a loss

Oops, I spelled whiNing wrong. It still doesn't change how some of you TRUE Phin fans think the world is falling apart after a loss
at 8-5 and in second place, its sad but not a total loss!;)

It's not thinking the world is falling apart...just a honest look at what is wrong with this team. The offensive line sucks. They can't run block and couldn't create a pocket to pass in neverless spell it.

How is pointing this out whining or thinking the world is falling apart? It is what it is. The offensive line is the weakest link on this team. Need I be cliche'? With the way they have played this team is LUCKY to be 8-5. They are 8-8 with that O-line....a subpar line on a team that gets alot of help from it's defense.

Just when they reel you in and make you think this team may have something, all it takes is a good team to expose the real weakness on this team. It happens every year!

Everyone can nitpik about everything yesterday. There were some idiotic penalities, Thompson, Wade and Madsion, there were balls that went through WR's hands, flutters by Fiedler, Williams get tripped up on a a potential longer run and much more. Look for things that you believe can help the team now. Looking forward to next year is just a way to cope with another depressing season in your mind

I love it the jay bashers got their wish, something to rip Jay about. Now they feel they can say "See I was right". LMAO AT morons. Did Jay play great? No, did Brady? Nope. Why? Horrible gusting winds. Why did Jay throw picks? Well bad decision did not see bruschi, and CC could not complete route and Law jumped it. We lost the battle of field position all day, running was not working and passing was difficult, we pressed too much and mde mistakes. Look at Ne had 2 drives early that gave them the edge in FP and got a lead, they then played close to the vest. We on teh other hand ran ricky and passed when we shoulda run. 3 and 2 and we pass? We paniced and tried to pass when we needed to realize that a 3-0 score we need to play close and hope that we can get something going. We had a 1st down at the ten, we shoulda run ricky, run ricky and get a td or fg. McMichael misses a block and Jay is nailed, NO points.

For all you Jay bashers, are you that stupid to make teh o-line argument as if it were us that was using that not you Griese lovers. Your still wrong so STFU!

Everyone can nitpik about everything yesterday. There were some idiotic penalities, Thompson, Wade and Madsion, there were balls that went through WR's hands, flutters by Fiedler, Williams get tripped up on a a potential longer run and much more. Look for things that you believe can help the team now. Looking forward to next year is just a way to cope with another depressing season in your mind

So, the best you are looking at here is a wildcard berth from a team that at the beginning of the year was supposed to contend. Sound like a rerun here man? Let me tell you how the rest of the story goes...

One of two things happen here: They either miss the playoffs or make them and lose before the AFC championship game. The odds of this team making it to the Superbowl at this point are astronomical!

Sure I will root for them and haven't given up, but let's be real...the odds aren't in their favor right now and luck is never been something that has accompanied this team. Yesterdays catch by OG in the 3rd quarter when the ball was tipped was the luckiest thing I have ever seen happen to this team in a long time.

So, I am tired of 20+ years of being good enough but not great? Is there a problem with that? OR do you enjoy watching other teams win the superbowl every year? Not I.

This team has problems and they have not shown they can consistently overcome it. End of story...where does that get you??? 9-7 8-8 10-6??? Who knows, but if it isn't a Superbowl ring I am disappointed. I have seen them make the playoffs enough over that time period...getting there is nothing new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its hard to win any division when your competitior has the inside edge of going 14-2 as the Patsies do this year. As for a WC berth and going further into the playoffs, you have to be in the dance to have a chance. WC teams have made it to the Super Bowl. I don't see any team ahead of Miami that they can't beat.

I do believe as 06 has said that in teh offseason both the o-line and qb will be addressed as they should be. Griese lovers can cry a river cause he aint gonna be the ONE! It may be Brunell, who if healthy could be a 2 yr solution and draft a qb to groom. It could be Sage. It will be addressed. But consider Brady did not do much and had passes get away from him because of teh weather should tell you how difficult it was to pass. And yes this is a situation where Jays arm strength hurts us, he just cannot put enough on it to cut thru that type of wind. My point is, Brady didnt do well either. Consider what was said by Wanny if the weather was bad, the battle of Field position would be crucial in those conditions and guess what, we lost that battle. If you have any objectivity see that while the defense did very good the second half and a lot of teh second quarter, they started off very shaky letting NE shov it down their throat their first 2 drives. Yes they only got 3 points but they established the field position. When ever we did get into NE territory, we self destructed as a team, not teh qb, teh team. Mcknight dropped a couple, Thompson cannot judge his jumps, CC dropped a couple, Jay made a couple bad throws and teh o-line missed assignments, combined with some questionable play calling. The offense suked yesterday, all of them.

They gave me the impression that they were scared. They were down 3-0, but the way they played, you'd have thought they were down 30.

the odds of us winning the super bowl may be long. But do you really want to see this team give up? I say that is what they have done the last 2 years when something goes wrong. I want to se them fight and never quit, even if we dont make it, at least if they finish strong, it then becomes a building block, they go into next year having answered questions about themselves, knowing they can finish strong. Then we can make changes and actually address teh offense for once in ten years and have confidence going into next year.

Back
Top Bottom