It Is Rare... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It Is Rare...

sign of dumping poor players with big contracts or NOT signing 'splash' players

I'll give you that, at this point, Grier has proven he can dump players with big contracts and not sign anyone.

You seem to think that's no big deal. Yeah, anyone could do that if they set their mind to it. And we haven't had anyone actually DO it in a long time. Also, it's an essential component to building a competent team. I'm not even calling it a sign, it's a fact this FO is more competent than the last one.

As for the rest of the stuff, I agree, we know nothing. But what we do know is encouraging.

Good and fun to watch can be two different things. The offense has been so boring for so long... I honestly believe that is going to change this year. May not mean the playoffs but again I cant wait for this season.

You seem to think that's no big deal. Yeah, anyone could do that if they set their mind to it. And we haven't had anyone actually DO it in a long time. Also, it's an essential component to building a competent team. I'm not even calling it a sign, it's a fact this FO is more competent than the last one.

As for the rest of the stuff, I agree, we know nothing. But what we do know is encouraging.
I do thinks its a big deal, but its also the easiest part... I mean, its pretty easy to get a mediocre team to be bad, its alot harder to build a bad team into a contender... IMHO

Last edited:
...in fact it has never happened before - being an ALWAYS POSITIVE (hardcore/supportive) Dolfan since the early years - that my USUAL and very hopeful preseason excitement for the upcoming season is, this time(?), SUBSTANTIALLY less, declined.

This offseason I'm finding myself mildler; my "thrill" subdued. All positive emotions topsy-torvy, in contrast to previous seasons, for the coming 2019-20 season.

What's up with that...?

Are you riding the same boat?
I wonder...?

Thanks for your comments. Peace.
I'm even more excited than usual but my expectations are less. I'm excited to see the new players, coaches, and systems that will be in place. So far I've liked what I've seen from our new staff. If they fall flat on their faces like many predict, I will be less disappointed than normal as long as I can see progress and that the team is headed in the right direction. We've been forewarned of the potential for failure, not like in the blind optimism we've seen so much in the past.

Who is your best pass rusher?
How many good cover guys are on the team?
Who's your starting QB?
How many OL on the team are considered at least adequate?
Throw horrible linebacking corps and totally unproven coaching staff on to that list.

I’ll be happy once football is back. I love the game. We aren’t far from it.

As for the season, I’d love for them to win games. If they don’t, it’s for a greater cause with the cap room and picks next year.

giphy.gif

Brother, I hope as hell the Fins have finally hit the jackpot and are going to be relevant again. Im not saying there are signs either way, because nothing has happened yet... litterally... I dont claim to know if they're headed in the right direction or not and Im not trying to convince you that they will suck. What Im trying to get across here is that the statement: "denying any of those signs is, well, a denial issue" is blantantly false and could be just as easily used by a pessimist, going by your vague definition of "signs".

There is a major part of the game that is predicated in studying elements and traits of a person and projecting..I’m not being optimistic just because it’s more fun, Jmo I see true signs and traits that make me optimistic.

Just moving on from Tannehill gives me excitement. It means there's a chance of winding up with a top decent QB down the road.

And the structure and discipline coach Flores is installing along with Ross willingness to be patient and build a solid foundation gives me hope for the future.

I'm even more excited than usual but my expectations are less. I'm excited to see the new players, coaches, and systems that will be in place. So far I've liked what I've seen from our new staff. If they fall flat on their faces like many predict, I will be less disappointed than normal as long as I can see progress and that the team is headed in the right direction. We've been forewarned of the potential for failure, not like in the blind optimism we've seen so much in the past.
Exactly, these things take time. I know there are multiple holes on this team that even the best coaches can’t overcome, but there will be plenty of things to look for improvement. I want to see a disciplined, conditioned, smart football team. If these attributes truly “take no talent” then we should see them team-wide. There is a fair amount of young talent on this team which will be fun to watch as well.

It's not, of course, that I have choosen how I am feeling. I want to feel like I have ALWAYS felt prior to opening day - CRAZY WITH EXCITEMENT! But that's not case for me going into 2019-20. IAs an illustration, it's like driving along with a flat tire. At least that's the vibe I am experiencing. And I have remained very upbeat/positive, and loyal with the Dolphins especially so during the rough times. That what makes this offseason, for me, so very weird. I can't explain it.

It's not, of course, that I have choosen how I am feeling. I want to feel like I have ALWAYS felt prior to opening day - CRAZY WITH EXCITEMENT! But that's not case for me going into 2019-20. IAs an illustration, it's like driving along with a flat tire. At least that's the vibe I am experiencing. And I have remained very upbeat/positive, and loyal with the Dolphins especially so during the rough times. That what makes this offseason, for me, so very weird. I can't explain it.

It's normal, I think. For years our FO has Pavlov conditioned us to be excited about the new season because "OUR NEW PLAYERZ!" I read something Tanier wrote the other day that made me laugh, he said Dolphin fans had been under horrible management for so long that we didn't even remember what good management looked like. He's absolutely right. Now that we are tearing down the building and starting from scratch with a solid foundation, the fan base is confused. "What's this? What are we, trying to lose on purpose?" Nope. It's just what solid roster-building looks like when you have to start from negative roster value.

So it's ok to take one year off from being excited. If all goes well, we'll soon have more to be excited about than we've had in many years.

It's normal, I think. For years our FO has Pavlov conditioned us to be excited about the new season because "OUR NEW PLAYERZ!" I read something Tanier wrote the other day that made me laugh, he said Dolphin fans had been under horrible management for so long that we didn't even remember what good management looked like. He's absolutely right. Now that we are tearing down the building and starting from scratch with a solid foundation, the fan base is confused. "What's this? What are we, trying to lose on purpose?" Nope. It's just what solid roster-building looks like when you have to start from negative roster value.

So it's ok to take one year off from being excited. If all goes well, we'll soon have more to be excited about than we've had in many years.
Yes everyone grieves differently lol

Back
Top Bottom