It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
In a poll, 74 percent of Dolphins fans said they would like Miami to lose to Washington on Sunday, to increase their odds of a higher draft choice.

DAVIE — Dolphins coaches have recently begun to utter the popular phrase “win the day.”

This is fine with the supermajority of Dolphins fans, provided that day is not this Sunday. Or the following Sunday. Or the Monday night after that...

“Our focus is really on the improvement and really trying to win the day,” Miami coach Brian Flores said this week. “Win the meeting, win the walkthrough, win the practice...”

Small steps. Focus on the things that add up to a win and the win will take care of itself. Or, something like that.

To be fair, many of the fans hoping for the team to lose simply want them to get the best draft pick and have the option to draft a new face of the franchise. I’m sure that sucks for the players and coaching staff, but they haven’t shown the ability to win games yet. If we were 4-0 all of our fans would be rooting for us to go 19-0. It is what it is.

The only thing winning gets us right now is a different draft slot it adds nothing else of value unless we go on a win streak and somehow make the playoffs.

It’s called forward thinking.

you can root for more useless victories if you want, but the team will stay stuck in the same mold it’s been in for years now.

or you can take your losses this year and give yourself a good opportunity to add potentially elite players w/ all the capital you’ve come up w/

It’s discipline really. Understand what the future looks

future looks brighter if we go 0-16 than if we go 6-10. these 10-20 draft picks haven’t done us much in years past. Let’s try and get one of the first ones.

It’s called forward thinking.

you can root for more useless victories if you want, but the team will stay stuck in the same mold it’s been in for years now.

or you can take your losses this year and give yourself a good opportunity to add potentially elite players w/ all the capital you’ve come up w/

It’s discipline really. Understand what the future looks

future looks brighter if we go 0-16 than if we go 6-10. these 10-20 draft picks haven’t done us much in years past. Let’s try and get one of the first ones.
We have three freaking first round picks! Ours is definately going to be in the top 5. How can you NOT get good players with that ammo?

When watching the game I am incapable of rooting against the Dolphins. However, if/when we lose I console myself with the bigger picture of consolidating the quest for the top Draft pick. Yes, a case of mixed emotions. I fully understand the importance of securing as high a Draft pick as possible. However, I have an emotional attachment to the team in aqua and white and will never actively root against them.

We have three freaking first round picks! Ours is definately going to be in the top 5. How can you NOT get good players with that ammo?
The hope is we draft three pro bowl level players. The reality is we'll draft one or two guys that will only amount to career marginal starters. That's just the way the draft goes. Not every first round pick pans out. I'm not even going to factor in our draft history :(.

Back
Top Bottom