It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose

When watching the game I am incapable of rooting against the Dolphins. However, if/when we lose I console myself with the bigger picture of consolidating the quest for the top Draft pick. Yes, a case of mixed emotions. I fully understand the importance of securing as high a Draft pick as possible. However, I have an emotional attachment to the team in aqua and white and will never actively root against them.
This is me 100% brother, nicely articulated.
I can’t ever root for us to lose but the losses are easier to take this season due to the potential positive consequences!

I'm right there with Soca and Spike. When the Fins are playing I'm rooting for them as hard as ever. When Rosen hit the TD I was jumping up and down as crazy as always. The difference is when we lose we can say, oh yeah, we did it on purpose and we don't care. It's freeing in a way to not get all emotional after a loss.

I don’t root for the Dolphins to lose. The great thing is that I don’t have to. They’re very capable of losing all by themselves. Hell, they’ve done a fine job of it for the better part of two decades while everyone was actively rooting for them to win. I just know that this season it doesn’t matter at all that they lose.

Aw poor baby “pro” athletes...they should be grateful to even be in the league being most of them don’t belong here. Lose every game, trade these bums for draft picks, who cares about rooting for them? None of them will be here anyway.

I don’t root for the Dolphins to lose. The great thing is that I don’t have to. They’re very capable of losing all by themselves. Hell, they’ve done a fine job of it for the better part of two decades while everyone was actively rooting for them to win. I just know that this season it doesn’t matter at all that they lose.

This x 1000

They’re bad. They’ve been bad. Before we had units that lacked depth and NFL level talent at certain spots but now we have entire units that don’t belong at the nfl level. The entire offensive line is ****. No NFL caliber TE. A garbage rookie QB, two WRS who barley belong here...****. They suck.

This is the path the organization has taken. If the goal is to amass picks and build thru the draft why should fans then hope those picks aren't at the top of the rounds. It would seem strange if the team say ok we're focusing on building thru the draft and fans are saying yeah now go get the 23rd pick instead of a top 5 pick.

Last edited:
FWIW, the Pats have had the easiest schedule in the NFL up to this point... Their opponents this far are 9.5 points below average and combine for 7 total wins...
They do have some tough ones coming....Philadelphia, Dallas, KC (I think).

This is the path the organization has taken. If the goal is to to amass picks and build thru the draft why should fans then hope those picks aren't at the top of the rounds. It would seem strange if the team say ok we're focusing on building thru the draft and fans are saying yeah no go get the 23rd pick instead of a top 5 pick.
Does anyone actually believe that we're not gonna get a Top 5 pick?

In a poll, 74 percent of Dolphins fans said they would like Miami to lose to Washington on Sunday, to increase their odds of a higher draft choice.

DAVIE — Dolphins coaches have recently begun to utter the popular phrase “win the day.”

This is fine with the supermajority of Dolphins fans, provided that day is not this Sunday. Or the following Sunday. Or the Monday night after that...

“Our focus is really on the improvement and really trying to win the day,” Miami coach Brian Flores said this week. “Win the meeting, win the walkthrough, win the practice...”

Small steps. Focus on the things that add up to a win and the win will take care of itself. Or, something like that.

This is not high praise for the fan base!

To be fair, many of the fans hoping for the team to lose simply want them to get the best draft pick and have the option to draft a new face of the franchise. I’m sure that sucks for the players and coaching staff, but they haven’t shown the ability to win games yet. If we were 4-0 all of our fans would be rooting for us to go 19-0. It is what it is.

That's like relying on winning the lottery as a retirement plan. One thing for sure. A lot of our players are likely to be retiring soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom