It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose

Bull****!

I've been a fan of the Bengals for a decade after they were no longer good. The same goes for the Panthers. I should have taken the hint when I saw they were named for some big pussies!

Long term suffering is not unique to any NFL fan base.

Get over yourself!
Sorry can't take advice on how to be a fan from a fairweather.

Thing is he isn’t just a running QB. But I’m not going to defend Tua anymore, people have their thoughts on the kid I have mine. I’m not here to change anyone else’s mind.

I'm not implying he is only a running QB.

I am implying that with our current offensive line he is not likely to have much of a choice but to do a lot of running. This could be running forward, sideways or even backward.

This kind of a situation leads to damaged QB's.

Don't you feel there may be a little too much hyperbole in your post?

I don’t feel that way at all.

watching the dolphins has been miserable the last five years (much longer than that but I’m hitting a point). Specifically the gase administration

completelyundisciplined, completely underwhelming relative to talent on the roster.

Looking at this roster before the season, I entirely suspected a close to 0-16 season. Especially winless through the first four games.

penalties are down despite an increase in joes on the field and silly roster turnover

and they hung in there for at least half the game against 2 playoff teams.

I’m beyond delighted w/ the coaching of this team. Y’all don’t realize how much more of a trainwreck this this probly oughtta be.

again, I expected all these losses. So us suddenly being 0-4 doesn’t have me freaking out in the slightest.

I'm not implying he is only a running QB.

I am implying that with our current offensive line he is not likely to have much of a choice but to do a lot of running. This could be running forward, sideways or even backward.

This kind of a situation leads to damaged QB's.
Rome wasn’t built in a day, but it starts with a brick to build around.

I understand both thought processes, but I'm embracing the tank at this point. I would like to see a good game each week though, along with solid improvement. I'd be more open to winning games win if we either secure the #1 or the light turns on for Josh Rosen.
I don't disagree, but I would be happier with some wins!

Thing is he isn’t just a running QB. But I’m not going to defend Tua anymore to the detractors, people have their thoughts on the kid I have mine. I’m not here to change anyone else’s mind.

Ah, if only all FH members had that philosophy. We could all spare ourselves any further Tua posts.

And also, it’s this for me

if we’re going to be 3-13, just make it 0-16. There’s no difference except for premature short term happiness.

we spent resources to gather all the picks we have now. So instead of going 3-13 and getting the 3rd pick, then having to trade up to get “our guy”, I’d much rather just go 0-16 and be able to actually use those resources on players for our roster.

I agree.

I feel the first brick should be the center of the offensive line.
More power to you, but I believe everything should be built around a QB to play to his strengths. Like a king and his castle.

And also, it’s this for me

if we’re going to be 3-13, just make it 0-16. There’s no difference except for premature short term happiness.

we spent resources to gather all the picks we have now. So instead of going 3-13 and getting the 3rd pick, then having to trade up to get “our guy”, I’d much rather just go 0-16 and be able to actually use those resources on players for our roster.

I believe a bird in the hand (a win) is better then two birds in a bush (an opportunity via the draft).

Sorry can't take advice on how to be a fan from a fairweather.
Apparently so did the ancients who came up with this adage.

Still being relatively new to the NFL this is my first experience of tanking and I won't lie it's confusing me. All pre season it seemed like the vast majority of fans wanted the tank and could see something drastic was needed, however every Sunday when the tank is actually happening it seems like so many people can't actually deal with being a terrible team and losing every game. Until midweek when everyone wants the tank again!!

Personally I'll always want the win but this season I can fully accept the many losses coming our way

Still being relatively new to the NFL this is my first experience of tanking and I won't lie it's confusing me. All pre season it seemed like the vast majority of fans wanted the tank and could see something drastic was needed, however every Sunday when the tank is actually happening it seems like so many people can't actually deal with being a terrible team and losing every game. Until midweek when everyone wants the tank again!!

Personally I'll always want the win but this season I can fully accept the many losses coming our way
Yes welcome to BiPolarville.

Back
Top Bottom