It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose

It's hard for me to fathom how the "tankers" think.
To me, cheering for or hoping for a lose is for LOSERS.

And this franchise has been such a winner the last 20 years? We “losers” clearly find winning more important than you do since we’re willing to sacrifice a single season to ensure the next two decades proceed with a franchise QB at the helm.

The hope is we draft three pro bowl level players. The reality is we'll draft one or two guys that will only amount to career marginal starters. That's just the way the draft goes. Not every first round pick pans out. I'm not even going to factor in our draft history :(.
We talk a lot about our questionable draft history; I'd love to see a team by team breakdown of the past 20 years of just their first round picks and how they fared. Where do we fall in relation? Are we clumped in the norm of hits and misses, or have we missed more? It SEEMS like we miss a lot, but when 60% or so of all draft picks don't make it, a lot of teams' fans must be saying the same thing we are.
Is there any fanbase out there that talks about hitting on every pick? Not even New England does that. Pittsburgh and Baltimore both do well. Philly does well. But who else?

When watching the game I am incapable of rooting against the Dolphins. However, if/when we lose I console myself with the bigger picture of consolidating the quest for the top Draft pick. Yes, a case of mixed emotions. I fully understand the importance of securing as high a Draft pick as possible. However, I have an emotional attachment to the team in aqua and white and will never actively root against them.

Perfect

I'm in the minority of wanting the Fins to win Sunday.

I'll be attending the game and it'll be my first time in Miami ( a nice 2 for 1).

Lastly, I'd like the Fins to win so that these damn Redskins fans can have a tall warm glass of shut up. As posted previous times before I live in MD less than 10 minutes from FedEx Field and I'd love the nail in the coffin on the Redskins season to be courtesy of my favorite NFL team since 1983.

FINS UP!!!

They can spin it anyway they want but nobody really wants the team to lose games just for the hell of it......we just want the top pick in the draft, specially since beating a few bad teams this year will do nothing for us in the long run. Not only is huge to get the top pick of the draft but also the top pick in every round. We're trying to build the team up so the higher the picks the better the chances.

I want to see Miami win at least one game and I root for them to win every week. Adding more frustration to this season is how good New England looks, especially on defense. Six games in and they've given up just two offensive touchdowns or something like that. The Patriots could go 16-0, while the Dolphins go 0-16.

I understand both thought processes, but I'm embracing the tank at this point. I would like to see a good game each week though, along with solid improvement. I'd be more open to winning games win if we either secure the #1 or the light turns on for Josh Rosen.

I want to see Miami win at least one game and I root for them to win every week. Adding more frustration to this season is how good New England looks, especially on defense. Six games in and they've given up just two offensive touchdowns or something like that. The Patriots could go 16-0, while the Dolphins go 0-16.
FWIW, the Pats have had the easiest schedule in the NFL up to this point... Their opponents this far are 9.5 points below average and combine for 7 total wins...

<----is a part of the 74% that want us to lose.

And this franchise has been such a winner the last 20 years? We “losers” clearly find winning more important than you do since we’re willing to sacrifice a single season to ensure the next two decades proceed with a franchise QB at the helm.
Two Decades???????? Who are we drafting?.............Superman?

Maybe I'm crazy, but I would like Miami to not be in the history books with the Lions and Browns as the only winless teams in NFL history. Sorry, but being a fan of THAT team is an association I do not want, it's pathetic.
Very pathetic...........especially to root for it!

Back
Top Bottom