It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose

When watching the game I am incapable of rooting against the Dolphins. However, if/when we lose I console myself with the bigger picture of consolidating the quest for the top Draft pick. Yes, a case of mixed emotions. I fully understand the importance of securing as high a Draft pick as possible. However, I have an emotional attachment to the team in aqua and white and will never actively root against them.
Hoping for an earlier draft pick is not a plan.

It’s called forward thinking.

you can root for more useless victories if you want, but the team will stay stuck in the same mold it’s been in for years now.

or you can take your losses this year and give yourself a good opportunity to add potentially elite players w/ all the capital you’ve come up w/

It’s discipline really. Understand what the future looks

future looks brighter if we go 0-16 than if we go 6-10. these 10-20 draft picks haven’t done us much in years past. Let’s try and get one of the first ones.

No, its not forward thinking.

It's hoping we can get lucky and pick 3 or so picks earlier to be able to get a helmsman (QB) who will change the direction of our sinking boat when the problem is the boats sinking (going down) and not going forward. We need to be getting the boat a better power plant (many big strong players) and better sailing directions (Coaching) before we can rely on a helmsman (QB) to keep us from going down.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I would like Miami to not be in the history books with the Lions and Browns as the only winless teams in NFL history. Sorry, but being a fan of THAT team is an association I do not want, it's pathetic.
This x 1000

They’re bad. They’ve been bad. Before we had units that lacked depth and NFL level talent at certain spots but now we have entire units that don’t belong at the nfl level. The entire offensive line is ****. No NFL caliber TE. A garbage rookie QB, two WRS who barley belong here...****. They suck.
But how do you really feel about it?

If winning is nothing of value, why are you a fan?
You've been a Dolphins fan for what 3 years now? You really can't put you feet into others shoes who have been suffering with this team for two decades. Change is needed and wanting the Dolphins to lose out for a few months is not that big of a deal in the big picture. Relax and enjoy the Dolphins Benny Hill version of football. Winning games is very low on the priority list this year for the front office, why should it be high for the fans?

It's called gaining through losing. The past way of rebuilding didn't work, time to try something totally different.

No, its time to try something to start playing better, not wait and hope for a QB who will be running for his life.

In case you haven't noticed, running QB's don't often seem to last long or go far in the NFL. I'm sure you can name three or four off the top of your head who have failed spectacularly.
This season is a loss leader as its called in the business world; lose this year so that we can win in subsequent years. Like how costco takes a loss on its rotisserie chickens b/c it leads to more memberships being sold.

So, we are selling more seats this year because we're a loss leader?

No, its not forward thinking.

It's hoping we can get lucky and pick 3 or so picks earlier to be able to get a helmsman (QB) who will change the direction of our sinking boat when the problem is the boats sinking (going down) and not going forward. We need to be getting the boat a better power plant (many big strong players) and better sailing directions (Coaching) before we can rely on a helmsman (QB) to keep us from going down.

the coaching has been magnificently better this year.

adam gase was putting up similar offensive numbers w/ twice the roster.

Great post. Would read again.
I knew you'd re-think Two Decades!!!! HeHe
Hell, we'll be posting on this board about how great Tua is when he's 41!!!!!!! Along with his "storied" Dolphin career!

No, its time to try something to start playing better, not wait and hope for a QB who will be running for his life.

In case you haven't noticed, running QB's don't often seem to last long or go far in the NFL. I'm sure you can name three or four off the top of your head who have failed spectacularly.

So, we are selling more seats this year because we're a loss leader?
Thing is he isn’t just a running QB. But I’m not going to defend Tua anymore to the detractors, people have their thoughts on the kid I have mine. I’m not here to change anyone else’s mind.

You've been a Dolphins fan for what 3 years now? You really can't put you feet into others shoes who have been suffering with this team for two decades. Change is needed and wanting the Dolphins to lose out for a few months is not that big of a deal in the big picture. Relax and enjoy the Dolphins Benny Hill version of football. Winning games is very low on the priority list this year for the front office, why should it be high for the fans?

Bull****!

I've been a fan of the Bengals for a decade after they were no longer good. The same goes for the Panthers. I should have taken the hint when I saw they were named for some big pussies!

Long term suffering is not unique to any NFL fan base.

Get over yourself!

Back
Top Bottom