It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose

“Win the meeting, win the walkthrough, win the practice...”
I get what they're saying, but if I'm a player I'm smelling desperation when I hear that. And rightfully so with thie current team we have here so I'm not blaming Flores for coming up with it. Still, it might be the best thing I've heard since "Fail forward fast.":lol:

I don’t feel that way at all.

watching the dolphins has been miserable the last five years (much longer than that but I’m hitting a point). Specifically the gase administration

completelyundisciplined, completely underwhelming relative to talent on the roster.

Looking at this roster before the season, I entirely suspected a close to 0-16 season. Especially winless through the first four games.

penalties are down despite an increase in joes on the field and silly roster turnover

and they hung in there for at least half the game against 2 playoff teams.

I’m beyond delighted w/ the coaching of this team. Y’all don’t realize how much more of a trainwreck this this probly oughtta be.

again, I expected all these losses. So us suddenly being 0-4 doesn’t have me freaking out in the slightest.

As for the coaching this year, we wont know until the end of the season how effective they have become.

I anticipated we would lose ~4 of the first 6 games because it often takes a coach that long to get a new system going with new players. That doesn't mean I like loses. It means it takes a second to get the team coordinated and functional. Then the coaching can be evaluated in a meaningful way.

I felt the same way about Gase, except I had some high expectations of him before he came to Miami. I had no expectations of Flores, because I had no idea what kind of coach he would be, after having spent so much time under Belichick and the Patriots. The only thing I knew for sure was that he had a lot of successful coaching experience under someone who will go down as one of the best NFL coaches to have ever played.

I tend to be a bit if a homer and I am looking forward to seeing how well he can manage with what he has at hand. One thing is for certain in my mind; the first 6 games are just a rehearsal for the rest of this season. When the season is over I will have a much better idea of how well the coaching staff has performed.
As of now, I just don't have any idea as to how well that will be.

We have three freaking first round picks! Ours is definately going to be in the top 5. How can you NOT get good players with that ammo?
It can be done. Our last 2 top 10 picks were Ryan Tannehill and Dion Jordan. Other gems since then include Ja'Wuan James, who (IMO) is not very good at blocking at the next level or in space, he's just big and it takes a while to run around him as he barely moves his feet on some plays. DeVante Parker, who we are still describing with the word "potential" in year 6, and Charles Harris who is currently being outperformed by another team's first round bust named Taco.
My guess is we'll be picking top 2 or 3 and will get a good player there. Well, no, wait, with Tua gone at 1 if we are not picking at 1, we could very likely grab a QB who becomes nothing more than a solid backup too. Very possible. After that, I really am hoping we get another quality player at a premium position but I would not bet on it. Could go either way IMO. We have lots of picks overall, which means we have more chances to play the draft game, so hopefully we have a much better than average draft and not just an average draft.

It can be done. Our last 2 top 10 picks were Ryan Tannehill and Dion Jordan. Other gems since then include Ja'Wuan James, who (IMO) is not very good at blocking at the next level or in space, he's just big and it takes a while to run around him as he barely moves his feet on some plays. DeVante Parker, who we are still describing with the word "potential" in year 6, and Charles Harris who is currently being outperformed by another team's first round bust named Taco.
My guess is we'll be picking top 2 or 3 and will get a good player there. Well, no, wait, with Tua gone at 1 if we are not picking at 1, we could very likely grab a QB who becomes nothing more than a solid backup too. Very possible. After that, I really am hoping we get another quality player at a premium position but I would not bet on it. Could go either way IMO. We have lots of picks overall, which means we have more chances to play the draft game, so hopefully we have a much better than average draft and not just an average draft.

Posted a while back . . . only 40% of top 10 picks make it to All-Pro ONE year., Not 1st team . . . just make it ONE year. The question revolves around "good players." Average is a "good player" and I expect Miami to get a few. The flip side is, the higher the draft pick, the more likely to get better than "average" and I expect Miami to get 1-2 in R1 and one in R2-R3.
Fans need to keep their feet in reality and quit dumping on ANY FO for not getting an All Pro in R1 as if it's 'normal.'

Well, you seem to be saying if we don't get the #1 pick, then we have nothing?????
Screw it..........just trade ALL the picks for Tua!!!!!! That should fix it.

Tannehill had a group of first-3rd round guys on the O-Line blocking for him. He sucked, and the quicker some of you get that through your skulls the better. In this day and age, regardless of how cantankerous and curmudgeonly you may be, you gotta have an elite QB.

Tannehill had a group of first-3rd round guys on the O-Line blocking for him. He sucked, and the quicker some of you get that through your skulls the better. In this day and age, regardless of how cantankerous and curmudgeonly you may be, you gotta have an elite QB.
You are conflating draft position with ability. That high pick laden OL couldn’t pass block to save their lives. Tannehill may not have been an elite QB, but his OL played a huge role in that. Of course, there were plenty of other factors, too.

The QB position may be more valuable now than ever, but if you don’t get protection, they just exit the league early without reaching their full potential, ie Andrew Luck. Elite QB’s are rare, and right Now, the teams with the best records in the NFL don’t have them.

You are conflating draft position with ability. That high pick laden OL couldn’t pass block to save their lives. Tannehill may not have been an elite QB, but his OL played a huge role in that. Of course, there were plenty of other factors, too.

The QB position may be more valuable now than ever, but if you don’t get protection, they just exit the league early without reaching their full potential, ie Andrew Luck. Elite QB’s are rare, and right Now, the teams with the best records in the NFL don’t have them.

You are wrong, the QB sucked, spent 7 years and several coordinators and HC's to accept it, yet you persist. AND you know nothing about Andrew Luck yet make it a point to use him to support your argument which begs-the-question. Luck had a complex shoulder injury that was compounded by a snowboarding injury (https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/aug/26/andrew-luck-retirement-injuries-science). He retired due to ankle/calf injuries which were not injuries during a game.
I am sick and tired of these people who really don't know anything at all about football or the players using them as straw-men for their silly arguments.

Still being relatively new to the NFL this is my first experience of tanking and I won't lie it's confusing me. All pre season it seemed like the vast majority of fans wanted the tank and could see something drastic was needed, however every Sunday when the tank is actually happening it seems like so many people can't actually deal with being a terrible team and losing every game. Until midweek when everyone wants the tank again!!

Personally I'll always want the win but this season I can fully accept the many losses coming our way

Huge difference between losing and being embarrassed. When the 2011 Colts sucked they lost 7 games by 1 TD which means for at least almost half their games they were fairly competitive. We've been losing in ways that doesn't inspire a lot of hope for the future but we'll see how the rest of the season plays out.

Last edited:
I knew you'd re-think Two Decades!!!! HeHe
Hell, we'll be posting on this board about how great Tua is when he's 41!!!!!!! Along with his "storied" Dolphin career!

Do you take everything literally in life? Or are you purposely obtuse on message boards? FYI, Tom Brady is 41 and Drew Brees turns 40 this year. 2 decades indeed.

In a poll, 74 percent of Dolphins fans said they would like Miami to lose to Washington on Sunday, to increase their odds of a higher draft choice.

DAVIE — Dolphins coaches have recently begun to utter the popular phrase “win the day.”

This is fine with the supermajority of Dolphins fans, provided that day is not this Sunday. Or the following Sunday. Or the Monday night after that...

“Our focus is really on the improvement and really trying to win the day,” Miami coach Brian Flores said this week. “Win the meeting, win the walkthrough, win the practice...”

Small steps. Focus on the things that add up to a win and the win will take care of itself. Or, something like that.

Win the day....spoken like true losers.

If were still talking that way 3 years fr now with Tua, this was all for not.

Back
Top Bottom