It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose

Some please tell me the point of “rooting for the dolphins” when 90% of this team is comprised of garbage, should barely be in the nfl “talent”? They’re all going to be gone. It’s like rooting for the marlins after they win a World Series and have a fire sale.

Next year is an expansion team. Period. Consider the players on the roster as the supplemental draft guys, we might not even get the first overall pick like legit expansion teams do.

Rooting for this collection of bums is basically rooting for Ross.

Absolutely - who starts with the Olinemen? Did We learn any lesson in Jake Long Vs Matt Ryan

Have you watched Matt Ryan ever? He sucks. Guy has an all star team around him and they’re still garbage. Congrats on garbage time stats. Jake long was absolutely the right pick but we managed to ruin his career too

Have you watched Matt Ryan ever? He sucks. Guy has an all star team around him and they’re still garbage. Congrats on garbage time stats. Jake long was absolutely the right pick but we managed to ruin his career too
We were to pair Flaaco with Long and he was gone - enter Henne so in hindsight it pains me that Matt Ryan was the pick and is not hot garbage - actually a top 10 but Long was wrong

Some please tell me the point of “rooting for the dolphins” when 90% of this team is comprised of garbage, should barely be in the nfl “talent”? They’re all going to be gone. It’s like rooting for the marlins after they win a World Series and have a fire sale.

Next year is an expansion team. Period. Consider the players on the roster as the supplemental draft guys, we might not even get the first overall pick like legit expansion teams do.

90%? Mmmm, no. I'll give you a pass on hyperbole, but many on this team are far better than "barely" NFL talent.
FWIW, It seems many here have plaayed organized ball and many have likely played on bad teams. Motivation IS a high wall

I wish to one day have a QB who sucks enough to win MVP and go to the Super Bowl simultaneously. All we get are QB's who suck and don't do that.

Huge difference between losing and being embarrassed. When the 2011 Colts sucked they lost 7 games by 1 TD which means for at least almost half their games they were fairly competitive. We've been losing in ways that doesn't inspire a lot of hope for the future but we'll see how the rest of the season plays out.
Yeah fair enough it's been as grim as it gets. Can we use this year as an indication about future seasons tho given it'll be pretty much a new team in a couple of years?
As I say tanking is new to me so I'm interested in how other teams have gone about it, Do they do what we've done and get rid of everyone (apart from 1 CB) and start from scratch or normally keep hold of a few players and build the roster around them?

Pick no.1 a C

Oh dear....

Oh my ...

Oh my ....

Drops mic ....

I see that you find my choice a little shocking.

Here is a little historical support for picking a center in the first round of the draft:
I chose Blair Bush because I remember him. The Bengals had another center named Bob Johnson who may have been even better. Feel free to look him up if you think it is necessary.

1978, Round #1, Pick #16, The Cincinnati Bengals pick Blair Walter Bush, 6'3", 268 pounds.
(In 1978 he must have been one of the heaviest men on the field)
Played for Cincinnati 1978-1982
Played for Seattle 1983-1988,
Played for Green Bay 1988-1991
Played for Los Angeles Rams 1992-1994

Career stats:
Played for 17 seasons
Started in 161 games
Played in a total of 246 games
Played in 10 playoff games

Clearly a pretty good player and unusually successful, as seen by his 17 season career.

Apparently availability wasn't a problem!

What the Centers job consists of:

The Center the most important guy on the offensive line, and the second most important offensive player on the field, behind the QB.

The Centers job includes:
1) Putting the skill players in position to make plays.
2) He insures the runners have holes and the QB has time to throw the ball.
This is starting to sound like the offensive equivalent of some middle linebackers!
3) He passes (snaps) the ball to the QB (or other assigned ball receiver) from between his legs at the start of each play.

I imagine he also needs to be a pretty good pass and run blocker.

If there is an exceptional Center available in the first round, I feel we should get him.

We have three first round draft picks. Surely one of those would be soon enough to get a center. We could even trade one back for another 1st round pick and one, or two, or even three later round draft picks and should still be able to get a center.

I hope you can see the logic in my wanting a Center selected in the first round and the ease with which we could get him!

We still have to play the Skins, Bengals, Jets (2), Pitt, and Giants. It is very difficult to lose 16 games, only been done like 3x's in the Super Bowl era..(technically Bucs went 0-14). There is a slight chance we will win 1or 2 games, but so will these other "0-for" teams. So feel free to root for a win.....the Phins will take care of the rest.

Posted a while back . . . only 40% of top 10 picks make it to All-Pro ONE year., Not 1st team . . . just make it ONE year. The question revolves around "good players." Average is a "good player" and I expect Miami to get a few. The flip side is, the higher the draft pick, the more likely to get better than "average" and I expect Miami to get 1-2 in R1 and one in R2-R3.
Fans need to keep their feet in reality and quit dumping on ANY FO for not getting an All Pro in R1 as if it's 'normal.'
Yes, I'm not even going to think about Pro Bowl caliber players. If it happens it happens. That's why I use terms like "good" and "quality". My expectations are plenty tempered. That's how I got this far as a Dolphins fan! :lol:

Well, you seem to be saying if we don't get the #1 pick, then we have nothing?????
Screw it..........just trade ALL the picks for Tua!!!!!! That should fix it.

All I was saying was that just because we have a nice load of draft capital does not automatically mean this will be a great draft for us. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try. I even said the more picks we have the more chances we have. The only pick I want to trade is maybe one of our 3 firsts to get a nice haul of picks including an extra first for 2021. It's a nice opportunity if we get a trade partner looking to move up. But I would not be happy overspending with picks to move up with so many areas of need.
I think all of that is kind of the opposite of your interpretation of me. I think I see where you read that into what I was saying (the second paragraph where I talk about the possibility of a wasted pick). I do believe that could happen, but to me that is all the more reason not to trade away our many chances to pick. Circumstances can always affect one's overall strategy, but I'd usually rather have more picks than trade up, especially in round 1. Does that help clear up what I mean?

Last edited:

Don't Be A Baby.jpg

Back
Top Bottom