It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose

They just won’t look cause they don’t want to -

A cursory look at the transaction table since March is all a person needs to kno about what the FO thinks about this season

The FO is also prepared to flip 3/4 of this roster to be competitive

These scrubs are lucky to have a job and they know it

Good move by Grier. This is why I laughed at the "there will be a mutiny in the locker room" talk. If I was a player on this team who bounced around the league, I'd be happy to collect an NFL check while putting my resume on film.

They just won’t look cause they don’t want to -

A cursory look at the transaction table since March is all a person needs to kno about what the FO thinks about this season

The FO is also prepared to flip 3/4 of this roster to be competitive

These scrubs are lucky to have a job and they know it

Just curious - how many are scrubs?

About elite QB’s being necessary, the 49’ers, Bills, and Ravens are doing very well without one at the moment. You are arguing as though it’s impossible to succeed without one, and so far this season there is evidence to prove you wrong.

Its not impossible but it sure does help.

mwzmempatub01.jpg

And his numbers in that favorable offense playing HS teams arent as good as Tua's from a touchdowns accounted for viewpoint.

You made my point even more that Tua is a special talent and not a product of Alabama's talent.

Its not impossible but it sure does help.

mwzmempatub01.jpg
No one would argue otherwise. Of course, pointing out the QB”s alone is a bit misleading, though. Manning didn’t win his Super Bowls until he had a great defense. Roethlisburger benefited from great defensI’ve play, and hasn’t been back to a Super Bowl since the defense started declining. Even Drew Brees and Russel Wilson required great defensive units. Tom Brady’s first Super Bowl win was nearly 100§ defensive effort, and the remaining wins have come at the hands of the most well rounded teams in the NFL. No one will deny that Brady is good, but he is good in a very specific system, which also made Matt Cassel and Jimmy G look like pro bowl players. In fact, reports out of NE were that BB was ready to replace Brady with Jimmy G, and Kraft intervened and stopped him.

in short, having an epic QB is wonderfu, but it isn’t enough on its own. Anyone who thinks it is simply hasn’t been paying attention.

No one would argue otherwise. Of course, pointing out the QB”s alone is a bit misleading, though. Manning didn’t win his Super Bowls until he had a great defense. Roethlisburger benefited from great defensI’ve play, and hasn’t been back to a Super Bowl since the defense started declining. Even Drew Brees and Russel Wilson required great defensive units. Tom Brady’s first Super Bowl win was nearly 100§ defensive effort, and the remaining wins have come at the hands of the most well rounded teams in the NFL. No one will deny that Brady is good, but he is good in a very specific system, which also made Matt Cassel and Jimmy G look like pro bowl players. In fact, reports out of NE were that BB was ready to replace Brady with Jimmy G, and Kraft intervened and stopped him.

in short, having an epic QB is wonderfu, but it isn’t enough on its own. Anyone who thinks it is simply hasn’t been paying attention.

I would add Brady has never been an exceptional athlete. Yes, he's athletic, but the key is "exceptional." Brady, IMO, is the best analytical QB (QB smart) to play the game. Secondly, I think BB and Brady aren't near HOF level without each other. Their talents seem to fit each other's needs.

Unfortunately, when those sane members here mention EVERY QB needs a solid supporting cast, some seem to conflate that into 'Rosen fan' or 'don't want to win' or some other mindless myth.

I just want to say that I absolutely love that this thread is directly above one titled "Dolphins better lose to Washington."

I said it's not impossible but it sure does help, I didn't say QB's were the sole reason. Yep all those QB's benefited from help of course they did but those great defenses also benefited from having great QB's it a 2 way street. Drew Bledsoe never gets injured and the Pat's don't win 3 Super Bowls at the begining of the century. The Steelers throughout the 90's had a 4 top 5 defenses and 7 top 10 defenses yet never won a SB and only went to 1 despite having great defenses for the majority of a decade, it wasn't until they got a great QB that Bill Cowher after 14 years as a HC was able to win a SB.

Manning made it to a SB in 2005 with the 23rd ranked defense and 30th ranked rushing game, how many QB's you think are even making the playoffs with that amount of help? He's the one constant on 2 teams that went to 2 Super Bowls apiece. As we see once he left the Colts they went 3-13 and once he retired from the Bronco's they haven't even made the playoffs since.

I'm not sure what you mean by Brees won a SB with a great defense the Saints had the 20th ranked defense you're using the word great pretty loose there. Bill Belichick has 1 playoff appearance and 1 playoff win without Brady. He's been without Brady for 7 season's in his HC career including 2 as the Pats HC and he only has 1 single playoff win without Brady.

In short having having a great defense is wonderful but when you pair a great defense with a great QB you get multiple SB appearances. A great defense is not enough on its own, you get a great defense without a great QB and you end up like the Jets and Mark Sanchez, Jags and Blake Bortles, the 90's Steelers, Denver post Manning, early 2000's Dolphins, or literally any AFC team from 2001-2018 that had a top 5 or top 10 defense but never made a SB because the same 3 teams who had a great defense and a great QB kept beating everyone else (not including the Ravens outlier year).

Last edited:
We not only HAVE to lose but we NEED to lose. This team is in need of a franchise QB and I know having the #1 pick doesn’t guarantee that... it sure doesn’t hurt. I love how they say the “true fans” are ones who aren’t rooting against them. I disagree I think the true fans want what’s best for this team to not only get out of the dumps soon but for years to follow

We not only HAVE to lose but we NEED to lose. This team is in need of a franchise QB and I know having the #1 pick doesn’t guarantee that... it sure doesn’t hurt. I love how they say the “true fans” are ones who aren’t rooting against them. I disagree I think the true fans want what’s best for this team to not only get out of the dumps soon but for years to follow

Sorry, I've been a Dolphins fan since Bart Starr (exaggeration) and, once the game starts I can't help myself. I want Miami to win

I'm just rooting for them to do well at what they're good at... Losing.

“We’re paid to go out and win ball games,” center Daniel Kilgore said. “This team is going to compete their a---- off. We’re going to go out on Sunday and go to win. As much as I’m sure everybody wants us to lose to secure that overall number one pick, I don’t give a damn. We’re going to go out and win.”

Don't worry Daniel, I already knew you and everyone else on this sorry ass team don't give a damn about the Dolphins. You're just another selfish player in a long line of losers that have infested this franchise. Get out.

You want to see fans who want to lose? Visit the Washington forums. There’s legitimate gnashing of teeth going on over there.

Back
Top Bottom