It’s Early, But This Game Will Tell Me Everything About The Season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s Early, But This Game Will Tell Me Everything About The Season

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Lose this game, then it just same old Dolphins. Mediocre and just not ready for the next step, TH included. Be ready for another long season coming up with another 8-8 record.

Win this game (which a playoff team would do) then Gase finally has the team focused and ready to go for the season. Playoffs highly possible with a 10-6 finish and a realistic 4-2 division record.

Personally I believe we win, IF we can stop the run and have Darnold try to beat us. Jets oline is not going to be ready for this pass rush on 3rd and 7+. Offense should do well vs Skrine in man coverage & short route concepts vs the zone. We should be able to run the ball vs these LBs as well, if or linemen can get to the second level. DO NOT test Adams and know where he is at all times. He can make you pay Reshad Jones style.

Phins win 24-20

Last edited:
Lose this game, then it just same old Dolphins. Mediocre and just not ready for the next step, TH included. Be ready for another long season coming up with another 8-8 record.

Win this game (which a playoff team would do) then Gase finally has the team focused and ready to go for the season. Playoffs highly possible with a 10-6 finish and a realistic 4-2 division record.

Personally I believe we win, IF we can stop the run and have Darnold try to beat us. Jets oline is not going to be ready for this pass rush on 3rd and 7+. Offense should do well vs Skrine in man coverage & short route concepts vs the zone. We should be able to run the ball vs these LBs as well. DO NOT test Adams and know where he is at all times. He can make you pay Reshad Jones style.

Sitton loss hurts but his play was really up n down in that Titans game anyway.

Phins win 24-20
I hope you're talking about some new found pass rush cause I didn't see it last week even tho the titans were missing both their starting OT's.

I hope you're talking about some new found pass rush cause I didn't see it last week even tho the titans were missing both their starting OT's.

I can totally understand the skepticism, but over the course of a game where you play 4 quarters in a row, without 2 hour breaks, I think our pass rush will do better, especially if we can stop the run.

But if that’s not the case, then another mediocre season is coming, because that Jets oline is nothing special.

Last edited:
I tend to agree. Rookie quarterback making his second start. Miami has to take advantage there. I know Darnold played well in the opener, but I think a lot of that had to do with how absolutely poorly Detroit played. I think Stafford is maybe a top 5 quarterback, but that may have been the worst game I've seen him play.

The Dolphins have to run the ball to win this one. Gase has to stick with it even if it struggles here and there.

Miami unfortunately has a nasty habit of making rookie QBs look like hall of famers. Miami did not sack Mariota once. Miami is also not looking very stout against the run, still has major issues converting third downs, and still has issues in the red zone. I could easily see Miami loosing.

Let's see what we know about the Fins based on one game, since we can't count the preseason.
1. At times our offense seemed to be "clicking" especially when we were running the ball. Gore's drive opened up the game for us and got the offense going. The passing offense is mostly short high percentage stuff with the occasional throw down the field. We held the LOS well getting running lanes and protecting the QB, scoring 27 points. Now we did that against a defense that was definitely not elite and was missing a few key starters. Is that why or is our offense good?
2. The defense started shaky. On the first two drives, the Titans should have scored two TD's but instead they came away with only 3 points total. We seemed to contain them but did not get any real pass rush. They executed quick throws. Does this mean other teams will do the same and negate perhaps our best weapon on D? Again, we were successful but Tennessee finished the game without their starting QB, LT and TE. Did that play a role in it?
3. Did the lightning delays affect either side of the ball for our team? Did it affect Tennessee the same way? Or is this who we are?

Miami unfortunately has a nasty habit of making rookie QBs look like hall of famers. Miami did not sack Mariota once. Miami is also not looking very stout against the run, still has major issues converting third downs, and still has issues in the red zone. I could easily see Miami loosing.

Yes....but....it sounds to me like the Jets / Detroit game was as much about Detroit being unprepared as much as anything. Stafford was a turnover machine, Detroit telegraphed their offensive plays in advance and there is already dissent in the local room in Detroit with their new coach so it is hard to also paint the Jets as some dominant team based on their first game.

Last week, we won a game we usually lose....I think we have a real chance to win this game as well. Your concerns with run stopping, third downs and red zone issues are all valid and I'm expecting improvement on all of those this week.

It's a division game that a playoff team would win, plain and simple. These are not the Pats here. The biggest factor will be the crowd noise pumping up the Jets. If Coach Gase has the team prepared for that then there shouldn't be any issues other than executing.

Win or lose I still booze.

But seriously I think we win but even if we lose a close one, no the season is far from over.

If we get blown out, well that could upset my confidence.

We are going to win though, hopefully convincingly so. To think otherwise is unproductive and not worth my time.

I hope today flys by. Sad I don't have a UCF game to watch damn you hurricane Florence.

I don't agree that was a game we would normally lose. I think how we played against Tenn is exactly the level you can expect from this team, at the least. There's room for improvement and I don't think we were particularly fortunate or had any "freak" plays that couldn't be replicated in Week 2.

NYJ on the other hand.. I thought they were fairly fortunate and it was a performance that relies on a fair bit of improbable play

I also agree. this is a game we would usually come out flat for, unprepared to play..team has a real chance to set up a relevant season with a win this week

I would agree if the game wasn't against the Jets, a divisional foe who are on their way up. If we were home against say Arizona, a game we should win, definitely.

Back
Top Bottom