Its Official- Jamar Fletcher Sux | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its Official- Jamar Fletcher Sux

I think what we've got here is a bit of Marino/Fiedler syndrome striking again. We've been blessed with two of the best CB's in the NFL, and we get pissy if a 2nd year rookie doesn't perform as well as they do. Our standards are a bit high because we're spoiled.

Re: He did not get schooled...

Originally posted by Oliver
... he did his job. A. Freeman gave up the TD not Fletch. Why aren't you talking about A. Freemans poor play yesterday?

Oliver...

Yeah he did his job that's why their bringing in two Cb's just like I said they should! You say he did his job. I say he could have did his job better! Simple......

Fletcher had coverage on that TD pass as well, it was Freemans job to assist him. Or did Fletcher just so happen to be right behind the Wr on that play?

And the reason is because I want to talk about Fletcher, not Freeman!! If you have a problem with Autoro Freemans play, feel free to post it, I have no problem whatsoever with that!

And I also have no problem with me myself seeing, saying what I believe.

Like I've said he might turn out to be a good corner, I liked when the Dolphins picked him. But IMO (My Opinion) they need to change games plans with him, and could use another Veteran Cb to relieve, or replace him in certain situations.

Let me ask you this though, if I'm so wrong why is it that every local sportscast last night said nearly the same thing I felt. We're talking X NFL players now! Is it proof that I'm right? Not too me, but it sure makes me feel that my side has a point!

So please Oliver, I'm not writing these posts to piss you off, I'm writing my feelings on what I saw, how I saw it. You cannot change my views, only Jamar Fletcher can, and he will get his chance I'm sure.

Really?

... I guess Sutains injury has nothing to do with bringing in those DB's huh Ozzy? LOL too funny, yeah you really want the best for Fletcher, not!

Freeman gave up the TD, it's called cover 2, and as a former DB you know that's the S's responsibility, right?

Let me get this right? You think because some local TV sportscaster says it is so it's now true? Nah, I'll gowith what I actually watched over some TV whore. Let's put it this way, Marino said Huard should have started over Fiedler 3-years ago. Was he right or wrong? Some times these TV ppl have their reasons to be biased, just like Marino was.

Did you read any of the papers today? They support my point of view. Why do leave that out? It's because for some reason you are never willing to back up and admit you may actually be wrong and you have to give only one side of the story so you will look correct.

I'm not replying because I'm pissed, I'm replying because you seem really confused when it comes to Fletcher, and you have for some time.

I hope Fletch turns out to be a GOOD DB too, but like you I have questions, but I am not willing to give a biased point of view.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Ozzy

Yeah he did his job that's why their bringing in two Cb's just like I said they should! You say he did his job. I say he could have did his job better! Simple......

Fletcher had coverage on that TD pass as well, it was Freemans job to assist him. Or did Fletcher just so happen to be right behind the Wr on that play?

And the reason is because I want to talk about Fletcher, not Freeman!! If you have a problem with Autoro Freemans play, feel free to post it, I have no problem whatsoever with that!

And I also have no problem with me myself seeing, saying what I believe.

Like I've said he might turn out to be a good corner, I liked when the Dolphins picked him. But IMO (My Opinion) they need to change games plans with him, and could use another Veteran Cb to relieve, or replace him in certain situations.

Let me ask you this though, if I'm so wrong why is it that every local sportscast last night said nearly the same thing I felt. We're talking X NFL players now! Is it proof that I'm right? Not too me, but it sure makes me feel that my side has a point!

So please Oliver, I'm not writing these posts to piss you off, I'm writing my feelings on what I saw, how I saw it. You cannot change my views, only Jamar Fletcher can, and he will get his chance I'm sure.

Re: Really?

Originally posted by Oliver
...Let me get this right? You think because some local TV sportscaster says it is so it's now true? Nah, I'll gowith what I actually watched over some TV whore. Oliver...

Why not Olliver...After all you use those sources to back you up when it's to your advantage....Remember when some guy in a 12 hour draft day coverage muttered the words Carter is a Cancer?

Buy that was good then wasn't it?

Your Two Faced my Friend...

Fletcher should have NEVER been picked in the first round...Brees would have been a much better choice!

Fletcher's knock coming out of camp was that he was a great CB WITH awareness who simply couldn't play the press!
We had two TOP CBs and no need for a THIRD and took one anyway who wasnt't even right for our system to begin with!

He's a smurfy CB who will not be able to handle the big NFL WRs until he can properly play the press and bump these guys off their route!

He was a wasted pick and we took him only because DW has some kind of fancy for a ferengi for a QB...
Same fancy you seem to have...

Your only defending Fletcher now because you know who we could have had instead. And then maybe Jay is out of a job or on that carrosell in Washington!

Originally posted by Ozzy

My point is that while you seem to think the DT's and Zach are big problems (which I do not totally disagree with), but yet for any of us to question a Cb is wrong?

In one of his first big tests, he gets schooled. Yes, by one of the best Wr's, but man I saw three plays where I could have sworn I saw Fletchers shoes still in the same spot. He deserves some criticism IMO. So do the coaches, so do a lot of things.

All in all this was a win, and not a lot of points were scored by them, but we should be able to vent just like you? Except you do use a little more profanity......and these thingys #@#$%%%

i dont care if you question anything. i welcome questioning of my own opinions all the time. but our number one problem on defense is not jamar fletcher! our number one problem is a pass rush and our DT's getting used so zach cant do what he is supposed to do. all that talk about henry taylor getting cut cus he was not the type of DT we want. i say that is BS!!! Our DT's are not getting any pressure whatsoever! if you want to say jamar fletcher is not worth a first round pick at this time, i see what you mean. if you say he is a bust, i say your full of crap! u cant judge that until we get into the season more. madison and surtain had the same amount of time to prove themselves. give fletcher the same! he went against the. if he cant learn from the best and get better then he is a bust! football is progression like anything else, you have to learn from experience!

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
I think what we've got here is a bit of Marino/Fiedler syndrome striking again. We've been blessed with two of the best CB's in the NFL, and we get pissy if a 2nd year rookie doesn't perform as well as they do. Our standards are a bit high because we're spoiled.

no what we have here is favoritism. surtain gets used then makes a play then he's ok. fletcher gets used then makes a play and he is forgotten. once again, he would never have been my first round pick, but he is not a bust either. not yet. noone yet has made a point about anything other than he got used all day. tell us what plays ? what where and when? otherwise your not proving your point. do i reallyhave to school you poeple on the fine arts of the facts?

her is something for you all to chew on as well. Has anyone noticed that the offenses that are successful in this league are getting away from running the ball? teams are passing more and more/ i think wannspiel have been on top of this. why else would they draft another CB in the first round? we are looking at a bunch of CB's cus now all the good teams are loading up recievers!

Originally posted by finfan54

i dont care if you question anything. i welcome questioning of my own opinions all the time. but our number one problem on defense is not jamar fletcher! our number one problem is a pass rush and our DT's getting used so zach cant do what he is supposed to do. all that talk about henry taylor getting cut cus he was not the type of DT we want. i say that is BS!!! Our DT's are not getting any pressure whatsoever! if you want to say jamar fletcher is not worth a first round pick at this time, i see what you mean. if you say he is a bust, i say your full of crap! u cant judge that until we get into the season more. madison and surtain had the same amount of time to prove themselves. give fletcher the same! he went against the. if he cant learn from the best and get better then he is a bust! football is progression like anything else, you have to learn from experience!

Go back and read my posts on Jamar Fletcher. Though I did incinuate possible bust, I said he still could very well prove everyone wrong.

He is asked to stay ten yards off the ball, thats not the style they really want to use. So I'm guessing that he is not trusted completely by the coaches. But that's only a guess.

I aslo don't think throwing this kid on the best Wr is such a great idea for his early experience. A few times a game is more like it.

As for the DT's, well that would have made a good thread? I would have definitely have things to say.

Oh and if you tell me I'm full of crap, I'll offer you a bowl.......

So now you are admitting?

... that I'm right Asphyx about Carter? And are you also admitting you have multiple names all over these Dolphin MBoards? Damn it's about time you finally realized honesty is the best policy. After all I had that convo with Asphyx, not someone named Metal Head.

As far as the TV reports, sure it's ok to bring up, however there are news paper reports that counter that. But for me I take my opinion over theirs. Cover 2 dictates that TD was A. Freeman's fault not Fletcher’s. In addition cover 2 dictates that the CB allows the WR the underneath stuff all day long, this is why Fletcher lead the Dolphins in tackles Sunday. Plus 1 INT, 10 tackles, and 2 balls defended is nothing to be ashamed of for Fletcher. He played a hell of a game against one of the best WR's in the league. He almost played as well as Surtain, Cousins and Madison have in the past. Look it up you'll see the 3 of them combined did a worse job than what Fletcher did by himself this past Sunday.

I'll give you that Fletch is 2 inches shorter than Madison and Surtain, but he is also faster than them, and his weight is right with theirs. No doubt he has to show he can be more aggressive. As Ozzy pointed out on the TD Freeman allowed Fletch should have jammed Harrison at the LOS. However I still think he was coached not to.

As to your Brees diatribe, I wasn't aware Brees is a DB? Sorry we are in no need of a QB. We have Fiedler, Lucas, and Rosenfels. I wish Brees the BEST, but we were in no need of a QB then or now we were in the need of a long term answer for our 3rd CB position. As you know Cousins left because he wanted to be a starter and that would never happen here so he wasn’t the answer there. Plus no one knew Cousins would have played as well as he did that year. I still think if they did, they still would have drafted Fletcher because he is a long-term answer for our 3rd CB spot and IMO they are correct in their decision. I understand I trust the Dolphins brass where you think you know more than anyone who is paid in the pros.

Actually no I'm defending Fletch now because I feel too many ppl are jumping on him unfairly. I wish you all would put your mental rewind on and think back to how Surtain looked in his rookie and then 2nd year in the NFL. Many of us were a bit confused when JJ benched T-Buck for Surtain. I know I sure was and I said as much. Thankfully the paid pros know about the talent they have than we do, the idiots on the Internet.

Oliver...

Originally posted by MetalHead

Why not Olliver...After all you use those sources to back you up when it's to your advantage....Remember when some guy in a 12 hour draft day coverage muttered the words Carter is a Cancer?

Fletcher should have NEVER been picked in the first round...Brees would have been a much better choice!

Fletcher's knock coming out of camp was that he was a great CB WITH awareness who simply couldn't play the press!
We had two TOP CBs and no need for a THIRD and took one anyway who wasnt't even right for our system to begin with!

He's a smurfy CB who will not be able to handle the big NFL WRs until he can properly play the press and bump these guys off their route!

He was a wasted pick and we took him only because DW has some kind of fancy for a ferengi for a QB...

Your only defending Fletcher now because you know who we could have had instead. And then maybe Jay is out of a job or on that carrosell in Washington!

Re: Re: Really?

Originally posted by MetalHead

You do know why we drafted Fletcher, right? 3rd CB, it was a weakness on this team at that time. We had this debate a long time ago, right when he was drafted, you're about a year late with this.

Why would Brees have been a better choice? Because you hate Fiedler with a passion? QB was, and still is, not a need on this team.

I'm with agree with both Oliver and Ozzy on this. It is WAY to soon to call him a bust, or to even be calling for his replacement. Also, he could, and should, have played better. However, he did go against Marvin Harrison. Match him up against a Santana Moss, Josh Reed, or any other 3rd WR, and he'll do just fine......

What was jamar fletcher doing covering the colts best reciever marvin harrison? were the dolphins crazy? you put your best corners on him. not some second year, kleptomaniac who could steal shoes in college but cannot cover a turd in a football game. the guy is garbage. 5 million dollars a season worth of garbage. he is slow, he cannot cover, gives too much gap between himself and the reciever. they FINALLY put Madison on harrision towards the end of the game. how many catches did he get? 1. compared to the 11 that klepto fletcher gave up. also, quadry ismail did not catch one pass until fletcher moved over to cover him. hopefully surtain will be ok. because if we have that crappy player out on the field again, then we are in trouble. kudos to fiedler and the offense. what a great job they are doing. but i would like to see the defense play better. jamar fletcher belongs on the bench drinking kool aid. they should have allowed him to continue to hold out because he definately is not worth the money spent. arturo freeman has a job to do too. and his job is not to bail out slow poke jamar all of the time because the loser cannot do his job. i love my fins, but, i think that wannstedt gives players too many chances. this idiot should not get many more considering what a lousy job he did in coverage against the colts. put a slow runningback on him, or a slow aging reciever. do not put the top guys on him to cover. he cannot do it. he has proved to the team, and the fans that he cannot play in this league like he thinks he can. marvin harrison proved that.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr...

... go look up the stats and you'll see our best has never shut him down, far from it actually.

Also Fletcher plays 3rd CB on nickel situations, and the Dolphins were in nickel from the get go. Madison was in the SLOT and Fletcher was at CB. There's your answer.

And he did a hell of a JOB. 10 tackles, 2 pass defended and 1 INT. Nothing to be ashamed of when that WR is Harrison, who is one of the BEST WR's in the NFL.

Oliver...

Originally posted by finfan1373
What was jamar fletcher doing covering the colts best reciever marvin harrison? were the dolphins crazy? you put your best corners on him. not some second year, kleptomaniac who could steal shoes in college but cannot cover a turd in a football game. the guy is garbage. 5 million dollars a season worth of garbage. he is slow, he cannot cover, gives too much gap between himself and the reciever. they FINALLY put Madison on harrision towards the end of the game. how many catches did he get? 1. compared to the 11 that klepto fletcher gave up. also, quadry ismail did not catch one pass until fletcher moved over to cover him. hopefully surtain will be ok. because if we have that crappy player out on the field again, then we are in trouble. kudos to fiedler and the offense. what a great job they are doing. but i would like to see the defense play better. jamar fletcher belongs on the bench drinking kool aid. they should have allowed him to continue to hold out because he definately is not worth the money spent. arturo freeman has a job to do too. and his job is not to bail out slow poke jamar all of the time because the loser cannot do his job. i love my fins, but, i think that wannstedt gives players too many chances. this idiot should not get many more considering what a lousy job he did in coverage against the colts. put a slow runningback on him, or a slow aging reciever. do not put the top guys on him to cover. he cannot do it. he has proved to the team, and the fans that he cannot play in this league like he thinks he can. marvin harrison proved that.

of course we cannot fully shut down one of the best recievers in the league. but, you have to admit, our best corners do the best job on him. i did watch the game and i did not see madison on him once until the end of the game. i did check the stats. how he covered is more important than tackles. he gave up 11 catches. so of course he is going to have all of those tackles. i am sorry that i disagree with you. but, i think he was a wasted first round choice and i have yet to see where he is worth the money he was paid. i am glad though, that you see he had a good game. but personally, to me, when you get burned for big yardage, for 11 catches, that is not a good day.

As I explained...

... Madison, Surtain, nor Cousins were able to slow Harrison down. For that matter Surtain nor Madison have been able to do that their entire career against Harrison, control him. So if I use your logic they were wasted picks and signings.

Fletcher was in position to make those tackles because the Dolphins were in a cover 2 scheme. The CB is suppose to cover the inside and short middle routes. Fletcher only did his job and did it well.

You can have your opinion of Fletcher, I'm not trying to imply you shouldn't. I am simply saying your opinion of him being a bad draft choice is premature, and he had a GOOD game on Sunday because he did exactly what he was asked to do by his coaches. The cover 2 scheme the Dolphins employed tells us this.

Oliver...

Originally posted by finfan1373
of course we cannot fully shut down one of the best recievers in the league. but, you have to admit, our best corners do the best job on him. i did watch the game and i did not see madison on him once until the end of the game. i did check the stats. how he covered is more important than tackles. he gave up 11 catches. so of course he is going to have all of those tackles. i am sorry that i disagree with you. but, i think he was a wasted first round choice and i have yet to see where he is worth the money he was paid. i am glad though, that you see he had a good game. but personally, to me, when you get burned for big yardage, for 11 catches, that is not a good day.

Back
Top Bottom