Its Official- Jamar Fletcher Sux | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its Official- Jamar Fletcher Sux

This is a great thread.

I have a question for you guys - how many of Fletchers 10 tackles were made on plays where a pass was completed to his receiver? If he was simply the guy that tackled Harrison after he caught the ball, then that tackle statistic is VERY misleading.

However, If he was in on 10 tackles at the line of scrimmage, then i think he should get a lot of credit for playing a solid game....

OK heres a breakdown:

1st Quarter:

-Not involved in any sequences (a good thing, means his man wasnt open - though Edge ran the ball a lot early on)

2nd Quarter:

(14:32) P.Manning pass intended for M.Harrison INTERCEPTED by J.Fletcher at MIA 37.

(12:21) P.Manning pass to M.Harrison to IND 25 for 11 yards (J.Fletcher).

(9:47) P.Manning pass to M.Harrison to MIA 39 for 9 yards (J.Fletcher).

(9:04) P.Manning pass to M.Harrison to MIA 21 for 16 yards (J.Fletcher).

(:57) P.Manning pass to M.Harrison to MIA 28 for 11 yards (J.Fletcher).

3rd Quarter:

(14:52) P.Manning pass to M.Harrison to IND 42 for 8 yards (J.Fletcher).

(11:16) P.Manning pass to M.Harrison pushed ob at MIA 31 for 15 yards (J.Fletcher).

(6:13) P.Manning pass to E.James to IND 42 for 19 yards (J.Fletcher B.Marion).

4th Quarter

(5:08) P.Manning pass incomplete to Q.Ismail - PENALTY on MIA-J.Fletcher Defensive Pass Interference 5 yards enforced at IND 46 - No Play.

(4:24) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass to Q.Ismail to MIA 23 for 9 yards (J.Fletcher).

(3:47) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass to R.Wayne to MIA 6 for 3 yards (J.Fletcher).

(2:15) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass INCOMPLETE to R.Wayne (J.Fletcher).

(1:59) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass to Q.Ismail to IND 41 for 6 yards (J.Fletcher).

Basically, Flethcer was abused all game long, aside from the tipped INT. Of all his tackles, only one was on a Colts player that he was not defending (he assisted on an Edge tackle 19 yards down field).

And in the 4th quarter, when Madison started playing Harrison, Ishamil took advantage of Fletcher, with 3 receptions and one penalty called against him - in one quarter of play. Thats just awful. So to discuss this matter fairly, please dont allude to a 10 tackle performance as proof of him having a good game - it couldnt be further from the truth.

I still have hope for him, but I cant imagine he will retain his 3rd DB job for long. L Coles abused him last year....

Back
Top Bottom